Next season

gers@ibrox1872

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the spl is piss poor but if you think we are at spl quality just now with the

dead wood we have in our squad then think again.

I said we have SPL quality players which we do in abundance.

Jig

Little

Bell

Foster

Smith

Daly

Templeton

Shiels

Law

Wallace

Then you have guys like Mohsni, Peralta ect.

A squad like that is clearly at a level that's more than good enough for the Scottish Premiership is it not? (not talking about winning it)

Jig

Little

Bell

Foster

Smith

Daly

Templeton

Shiels

Law

Wallace

A squad like that is clearly at a level that's more than good enough for the Scottish Premiership is it not? (not talking about winning it)

Agreed that they have all played in the spl, but with different teams and not as a team, here

lies the problem.

Jig

Little

Bell

Foster

Smith

Daly

Templeton

Shiels

Law

Wallace

Agreed that they have all played in the spl, but with different teams and not as a team, here

lies the problem.

Now I know its another what 6month away but for talking sake.let's see who do people want to be in a gers 1st 11 next season personally mines would be

Bell

Wallace

Moshni

Gasparotto

Hutton if everything settles down and we have a bit of cash to spend get rid of wasters who are at club and replace with quality hopefully low budget signings here's hoping hutton would take a drop in pay then midfield

Macleod

Law

Templeton

Mckay

Clark

May

I would hope that would be our team play all out attacking football pleasing on the eye and at all times ball on deck not this pish in the air tell every squad member in summer pre season new philosphy ball on deck short 5 yard passes to each other build attacks from the back passing all over pitch its not hard if u have a football brain any1 with ability could easily do it here's hoping.

I admire your optimism/naivety. Similar comments were made at the start of last season eg young team, football philosophy. unfortunately the reality was more akin to the football version of the Battle of Ypres. This season there has been a slight improvement. As for next season, I have no doubt we will win the league, but don't expect free flowing expansive football unless changes of seismic proportions are implemented.

Lets be truthful here. No manager should need to recruit more players to win the championship. The tools at the managers disposal are far superior to any other bar the giro junkies. Its time we stopped shaking things up and tinkering with systems and let these players like law temps clark macleod play their own natural game

I can't buy into the argument about the attraction as we weren't an attractive

proposition but we signed premier league players for the 4th tier?

Hearts are still a decent size club with a good fan base for the 1st division, I think

we would be naive to underestimate them.

I think you missed the point; they are NOT Rangers. Players want to sign for us as we are the World's Most Successful Club and they are well aware of the paydays they will get when we are back in the premier division (whatever it ends up being called) with Champions League music blaring around Ibrox. Simple really.

We need to get rid of all the spare players that are inflating the wage bill just now. I don't think we need, or will buy a lot of players in the summer, depending on what DK and the board get up. But another two or so after reducing the wage bill a bit would see us win that division easy peasy. I'm not worried about Hearts in the slightest. I'm more worried about Falkirk, Dundee and Hamilton, minus one, or two of them depending on who goes up and who comes down.

wont make any comment on your choice of players......but

"all out attacking football" .......... will lead us to being slaughtered against any well-organized outfit

"at all times ball on deck" ........... lets hope for no muddy pitches then, and every game played on perfect surface

"5 yard passes to each other".......... that's a minimum of 20 passes to get to opposition goal. No thanks.

You have good ideas..........for a sunday league or 5 a side

Ouch !! :lol:

Ach we don't really know exactly where we stand financially, but I'm not going to let that stop me answering.

Assuming that we get rid of the deadwood, I don't think Alan Hutton's an unrealistic signing for a number of reasons. First of all, he's 30 years old this year- he's not going to get a move to any decent EPL team. Secondly, he's made his money. Would you rather slog it out at a Leeds United in Championship mediocrity, or play a significant role in helping the club you support back to the top in front of 45,000 every other week?

Talent aside, I think he'd be great for the dressing room in terms of experience and mentality.

Bell

Hutton Faure McCulloch Wallace

Law Macleod Peralta

Templeton Daly Clark

(tu)

In all honesty I think our team for next season will be almost identical to this current one. I believe this was the idea and point all along in bringing in more established players on bigger wages.

We may do some transactions this summer but I think we will largely go with what we have until the midway part of next season.