Last Nights Attendance

don logan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a positive note Scumfermline got half of the depleted attendance (for whatever reason) money.

Starve them

Remember JohnYorkston

:nosfa::brokensfa:

You are also starving your own team at a time of hardship. Short cut to suicide, that sort of thinking.

Crowd was shocking.

If it had been played today I would have been there, not all Rangers fans live close to Glasgow. Unless people like myself can get the day off then its going to be a no show, the fact it was moved by the sfa to accommodate the bbc at a financial loss to us, just shows up the utter contempt that the powers that be have for us. Seeing as this game was one of the major games to be shown then why not play at 5.00pm saturday or on sunday at 12.30 or 3.00pm as the only other match with any amount of interest is schum v sheepshaggers. The league cup final, the excuse used for it not being at Ibrox is just the same as playing our cup games at ridiculous times, plus the size of the ground for the ramsdens cup final, its to affect our ability to raise revenue.

No doubts in my mind that it was an embarrassing turn out, empty seats all around me. A lot of season ticket holders missing, which seems par for the course when it comes to cup ties.

Lots on here are quick to laugh at the other side for their green sear brigade, bit hypocritical IMO.

I despair at times, it was the same when we had the Manchester run, never sold out one home tie. But you couldn't get near England for rangers tops.

Cup games are a time when the club can top up their stretched finances, but we wouldn't have mad much last night. If it was @@@@@@ that we're playing us last night, everyone would be dragging theirselves out of sickbeds to get there.

It was a big game last night and deserved a much bigger crowd. Those that went were rewarded with a fine performance, that reduced a vocal opposition support to mocking one poor supporter.

Tbf there was a small amount of people in bf5 and gf1 making a bit of noise and the atmosphere was prob better than most of our league games with half the attendance

Indeed a different type of Fan was in Attendance last night ,it was much louder than a League Match usually is.

A different Atmosphere.

I think next season more of non ST fans will attend League games.

Amongst many here, I have had a ST for decades. Do my very best to get to every game covered by ST, some away games more some years, less others depending on circumstances.

Cup games- all over the country, and Europe during the years.

However, I will not attend any games at any away grounds, not Hampden, not anywhere else, and I will not line the pockets of the SFA or others who either stood idly by or put he boot in when we needed help the most, by going to cup games - ANY cup games.

That is my choice.

I do not foist it upon others by calling for boycotts.

I do not claim to be a bigger or better supporter or otherwise because of it.

Others make their own choices - again they are free to do so; it does not make them better or worse fans.

We have 36k season ticket holders and thats the best crowd we can get.

Im sure when i look around the CR next season and the following one there will be lots of new faces professing to have 'been there during our climb back to the top'.

Was mentioning to my mate last night,that round about us were a lot of younger new faces;that hopefully want to come back.In fact one of his workmates was there with his son,who now desperatly wants a season ticket.So these games can have their advantages.