Last Nights Attendance

don logan

I doubt if any other club in Scotland would have done any better crowd wise on a bitterly cold Friday night in February for a game that was on terrestrial TV. Remember as a cup game the gate money would be split between the two clubs and some of our support may not have been happy putting money into the bank for a club who were so vocal against us18 months ago.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to go after work last night but I spent £35 for my ticket ,train and subway ,Pie and bovril

So the pricing wasn't the greatest ,quite a few people round me in the CR left at half time which is bizarre considering pay at the gate cost £15 a ticket ,UB & BO were in good voice last night ,maybe going off on a tangent but if we were doing pay at the gate it would be great if we had safe standing would create a great atmosphere !

I was there but my kids weren't even though all 4 of our ST's are signed up for all home games on the CCCS. If the game had been today or tomorrow they would both have been there. At least the club still got the money for their tickets though. We have 2 seats in CR3 and the guys up there told us on Saturday that they wouldn't be at the game last night. We sat in our other 2 seats in CR1 last night and again most of the regulars weren't there. Unfortunately for us being the only show in town they want to televise our games like this one but we're getting all the shitty ko times. That's not likely to change anytime soon either.

Wonder what the attendance would've been if we had been playing the tims on a freezing Friday night in February.

The attendance was crap no ifs no buts but funnily the atmosphere was far better.

We could play the Tims at 8 am on a Monday morning and the place would be full

No comparison

We could play the Tims at 8 am on a Monday morning and the place would be full

No comparison

Why no comparison, folk are claiming it was too cold, too expensive, too this too that.

If we had been playing them last night the place would've been full so the excuses have nothing to do with it, half the ST holders just didn't fancy watching Rangers.

Why no comparison, folk are claiming it was too cold, too expensive, too this too that.

If we had been playing them last night the place would've been full so the excuses have nothing to do with it, half the ST holders just didn't fancy watching Rangers.

And why is that exactly?

Come on mate, you know fine well you can't compare a game against Dunfermline to an old firm game

Wonder what the attendance would've been if we had been playing the tims on a freezing Friday night in February.

The attendance was crap no ifs no buts but funnily the atmosphere was far better.

What was said above...

Comparing Dunfermline in the cup to an Old Firm game...laughable :lol:

People do not require excuses to not attend a football match.

No doubts in my mind that it was an embarrassing turn out, empty seats all around me. A lot of season ticket holders missing, which seems par for the course when it comes to cup ties.

Lots on here are quick to laugh at the other side for their green sear brigade, bit hypocritical IMO.

I despair at times, it was the same when we had the Manchester run, never sold out one home tie. But you couldn't get near England for rangers tops.

Cup games are a time when the club can top up their stretched finances, but we wouldn't have mad much last night. If it was @@@@@@ that we're playing us last night, everyone would be dragging theirselves out of sickbeds to get there.

It was a big game last night and deserved a much bigger crowd. Those that went were rewarded with a fine performance, that reduced a vocal opposition support to mocking one poor supporter.

Absolutely spot on m8 ,Rangers fans have been brilliant since whyte f***** our club up but club needs cash and cup game was time to inject some.

As I said earlier in this post that with it being Friday night and 7.30 kick off, it would be a reason people like myself would not get to this game. yesterday the scum v sheepshaggers only had 30,415 in attendance for the so called top clash of the round, so put into perspective our attendance wasn't bad at all, even though I wish it was more than the scummy shite.

As I said earlier in this post that with it being Friday night and 7.30 kick off, it would be a reason people like myself would not get to this game. yesterday the scum v sheepshaggers only had 30,415 in attendance for the so called top clash of the round, so put into perspective our attendance wasn't bad at all, even though I wish it was more than the scummy shite.

Would people like yourself have made the extra effort and got there if it was against the bheggers?