Fraser Aird - Scotland or Canada?

LeeWallaceRFC

Who should he choose?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Scotland or Canada?

• Scotland
    • Canada

Who do you think would be the better option for him?

Rangers' Fraser Aird urged to play for Scotland over Canada

FRASER Aird has been urged to pledge himself to Scotland over Canada.

Rangers youngster Aird has been called up for a Scotland Under-19 get together, but has yet to decide whether he is going to join up.

Canadian-born Aird has still to decide his long-term international future, but boss Ally McCoist hopes to goes with Scotland.

McCoist said: “I would definitely be pushing him to go with Scotland.

“Going to the two-day camp with Scotland won’t affect his place with Rangers. I’ve already said they can go.

“As long as he’s getting his rest and is prepared for our game at the weekend, I actively encourage our boys to be involved in international duty – particularly Scotland.”

Aird admits it is a tough decision to choose between the country of his birth and that of his parents.

The 19-year-old said: “I haven’t made up my mind yet. I am just focusing on playing as many games as I can for the first team and get recognised one way or the other.

“I feel a bit of both. I was born in Canada but everyone in my family but me and my brother are Scottish.

“It’s my decision and the family have said that too. It’s my career. No one else can make the decision.

“There was contact with my agent but there are no upcoming camps because the MLS is just starting up in pre-season. I’ll keep my options open.”

Aird has started Rangers’ last eight games including Friday’s 4-0 Scottish Cup romp over Dunfermline, and is relishing his prolonged run in the side.

He said: “I’ve had a good run and I’ve managed to stay around the team.

“The gaffer is quite loyal. When I was out the team at the start of the season the boys were winning games and he didn’t change it.

“Hopefully he stays loyal to me and if I’m playing well I stay in the side.

“Sometimes we’ve not played the best but we’ve been getting results and scoring goals.

“It should be hard to change it and hopefully that’s the case if I’m playing well enough.

“For a young boy it’s important to get games under your belt and I’ve managed 20-oddappearances in each season.”

McCoist has had discussions with Wallace about what his budget will be for the forthcoming season but insists no final decision has been made.

He said: “Obviously I’ll be looking to sit down with Graham. We’ve looked at squads and had lengthy discussions about the squad, squad size, but there’s been nothing concrete about bringing players in. We’ve a few players who are out of contract and that’ll be up for debate. We’ve started early discussions about that.

“I’m not anticipating anything other than I’ll be given a budget to work with. I’m very hopeful that that budget will be a reasonable percentage of the turnover.

That’s all I can ask for, Graham hasn’t indicated in any way that there’s be more players, less players or certain players will have to go. So it’d be wrong to start assuming things.

“Safe to say I’ll be very hopeful the parameters I’ve got to work in. I’m a manager and coach and it’s my job to bring in the best players I can at the club. I don’t make financial decisions, I react to them, hopefully that’ll be the case again next year. It’ll be our job to bring in the best players we can afford.”

http://www.express.c...and-over-Canada

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Canada all day long! Fuck the SFA!

If I were graham Wallace if be making it clear to ally that if he wants to bring players in he has to find a way to move some if the deadweight on first! I'd be delighted for us to add one or two players to enhance the starting 11 but what we don't need or can afford is more 'squad' players.

Travelling time to Canada, even worse ranking than Scotland, schedule which often clashes with our games.

Then again fuck those kilt wearing cunts!

I don't wear a kilt nor am I a cunt but I do support my country.

The fact a certain percentage of our support are too fucking stupid to differentiate between our country and some knobs who currently run the SFA ( not even Scottish by the way) will never change that

Canada all day long! Fuck the SFA!

If I were graham Wallace if be making it clear to ally that if he wants to bring players in he has to find a way to move some if the deadweight on first! I'd be delighted for us to add one or two players to enhance the starting 11 but what we don't need or can afford is more 'squad' players.

Whats that got to do with this thread?

EDIT: Just read the other part of the article - apologies!

The fact a certain percentage of our support are too fucking stupid to differentiate between our country and some knobs who currently run the SFA ( not even Scottish by the way) will never change that

If you're happy to stand shoulder to shoulder with a support that sang to Ireland fans, 'We hate Rangers more than you', booed Ian Black when he played for them and is infested with jacobite nationalist pricks then that's your own choice.

Absolutely this all the way. I'll support Rangers and Scotland till the end.

If you're happy to stand shoulder to shoulder with a support that sang to Ireland fans, 'We hate Rangers more than you', booed Ian Black when he played for them and is infested with jacobite nationalist pricks then that's your own choice.

That's right it is my choice.

No Scotland fan I ever met acted like that,in fact most were bears.

You are taking a stereotype and applying it to everyone to suit your agenda

That's right it is my choice.

No Scotland fan I ever met acted like that,in fact most were bears.

You are taking a stereotype and applying it to everyone to suit your agenda

Most Scotland fans you've met were Rangers fans? Are you talking about while attending national games? If so, then I'm sorry, but that is total bullshit.