Liverpool FC

G.E.C.

How good would it be for Liverpool to win the Premier League and Atletico to win La liga? Might actually put my faith back into football as not a money making business for all the modern day rich clubs.

Champs League Semi-Finals are thurs 24th and thurs 1st May. Chelsea go to Anfield 27th. Reckon Chelsea will rest players.

Judging by tonights game (although they won) they will be pushed against a Liverpool team in full flow at the moment.

How good would it be for Liverpool to win the Premier League and Atletico to win La liga? Might actually put my faith back into football as not a money making business for all the modern day rich clubs.

Why would Liverpool winning the league be good ?

Liverpool winning the league would be good for many reasons.

Like it or not they are one of the most successful clubs in English history, they have been absent from league success for far too long. A successful Liverpool is good for the Premiership and English football.

They add another challenger to the title race for the next couple of years to challenge Chelsea and City, not winning it this year would create a sense of 'will we ever win it' around the club. More challengers creates more interest.

They're brand of football has been a breath of fresh air.

Gives managers all around the country hope, Rodgers has shown that given the time you can create a successful side.

Shows that not spending stupid amounts on players, but actually a good team philosophy, the right buys and good management can win you a title. (Okay Adam, Carroll and Henderson were bought for stupid amounts but that was under a different manager and only Henderson is still at the club).

I hope Liverpool win. I want Liverpool to win it. They deserve it so far.

Lahm?

Only with Mint Sauce thanks.

Gerrard in his career has only wanted to achieve a Premier League title, this is the second time he has come as close and I believe his energy and skill gives the team a solid basis to drive forward from the back on. He reminds me of Lothar Matthäus in the Germany squad who was pushed further back to keep him in the squad, think it was around 34-ish he went DF. That said I do not want to see him in the sweeper role at Liverpool.

Most people on here think Gerrard's scum because he once had a fight in a bar, throws himself into challenges or because he's a scouser and if he wasn't a professional footballer he'd be a thug.

Just bitter reasons really.

What most teams would give for a player and captain like Steven Gerrard over the years. I actually reckon he's been a bit underrated, maybe not in Britain but across Europe, bar this season he's not really had the best players around him during his Liverpool career. A better team around him and he would have world recognition as a world class player if he doesn't already.

Steven Gerrard made Fernando Torres look a £50 million player.

I'm going to make a bold prediction.

Liverpool will beat City, Norwich and Chelsea, and then Everton will beat City at Goodison in a few weeks and Liverpool will win the league at Palace on a Monday night, 2nd last game of the season.