******The Official East Fife Vs Rangers Match Thread*****

elephants stoned

Almost agree 100% apart from Mohsni, I thought he was a bit sloppy today but I only managed to see the 2nd half.

The crowd seemed to get in his head in the 2nd half,and he was trying a wee bit too hard to shut them up by playing the hard pass instead of the easy one.

One of the only players to show any heart and will to push on today imo

Well if its including cups, then Forfar have beaten us. If its just league then Olympiacos and Bayern are also unbeaten. That is just Europe, I'm sure there are teams in other parts of the world who haven't lost this season.

Thank you my man (tu) I was just referring to Unbeaten in the League, thats what I get for trying to put a positive spin on that dismal performance today :thumbup: .

We were destroying these teams earlier in the season.

Their coaches/managers looked at how we play and changed to counter us.

They did what they were payed for - coached their teams

What have we done - nothing. Keep ploding away game after game, and scraping wins.

Overuse of that particular cliche completely negates its effect. How many time do we need to paper over the cracks before people realise that there are no cracks, it's just that they don't like the patter of the paper.

It's very expensive paper!

Yet another dull , lethargic performance.

Agreed , we never looked in trouble - we never have this season. But that's not the point . There are too many games now when we just seem clueless on how to open up defences. If we can't do it at this level , I truly worry for the future.

The crowd seemed to get in his head in the 2nd half,and he was trying a wee bit too hard to shut them up by playing the hard pass instead of the easy one.

One of the only players to show any heart and will to push on today imo

I was watching with the sound off, so only saw a few sloppy passes when out of position. The defense didn't seem to have much to do all day, so not surprised that he went forward. If he can cut out the sloppy passes I'll be a lot less edgy watching the games.

A positive spin an another dismal performance.

Well let's just say many thousands of us knew today was going to be woeful.

Why?

Well Einstein once famously said

"The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

We all knew what the team was going to be.

We all knew Daly would stay on for 90mins

We all knew it would be Shiels or Templeton who would be subbed first

We all knew it was going to be 'tough' because McCoist said it would be.

We all knew the football was going to be absolutely dire.

How fucking often does this have to happen before people wake up and realise that McCoist is the most woeful manager we have had in decades.

If the board had any balls they would tell him to go go back to Question of Sport.

Just watched the full game as I was working this morning, what another poor game, are we really missing Lewis that much in midfield?

The arse fell out of our game last year after he got injured, too.

I think we could have played them all day and we wouldn't have scored from open play. I was nervous when Jig stepped up to take the penalty, but he slotted it away and I was happy to take it. Not the greatest game, but closer to the title being clinched so that'll do me tonight.

Issue today was the whole fucking team not appearing to give a fuck about the game. At the professional level 80% of the match is what goes on in your head. Seems the only way to get into the heads of some of our players is either to drop them or have them play in a cup game (and even then the latter is not guaranteed). Did anyone see Mourinho chew out Torres for not closing down a centre back quickly enough? A right good public chewing out might do some of these prima donna's a world of good, and just a word to the wise, many of you are NOT that great you can take days off and still look good against the opposition we face. Fans have also tired quickly of the adventure of coming back through the leagues, while I never expected us to be banging in 7-0 victories each week, I DO expect players to give a shit about getting there.

A positive spin an another dismal performance.

Well let's just say many thousands of us knew today was going to be woeful.

Why?

Well Einstein once famously said

"The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

We all knew what the team was going to be.

We all knew Daly would stay on for 90mins

We all knew it would be Shiels or Templeton who would be subbed first

We all knew it was going to be 'tough' because McCoist said it would be.

We all knew the football was going to be absolutely dire.

How fucking often does this have to happen before people wake up and realise that McCoist is the most woeful manager we have had in decades.

If the board had any balls they would tell him to go go back to Question of Sport.

This is starting to really annoy me, Daly was totally anonymous all game. Shiels was coming deep and looking to get involved and who does Ally sub?

Commentator said Shiels wasn't happy to come off and you can completely understand why when he gets taken off and the immobile object that is Daly stays on for the whole game

Stranraer beat Dunfermline 3-1 today so a win next league match plus a tie or loss for Dunfermline clinches the title. Will we see changes after that to playing personnel? Would like to think so BUT doubt it. Getting up a 3:15 am, then a 35 minute drive to the club to watch a performance like that is getting old.

Slightly off topic but did anyone with tickets for the main stand get told they couldn't get in with rangers colours on as it was the home end. Seen a security guy with a pile of scarfs as well.

They said tickets with pink strip at the top were home tickets but they were the ones we got direct from rangers in our allocation apparently our tickets had a yellow strip. Can't understand it though as East Fife must have sent Rangers these tickets to send out.

Luckily the security woman outside the turnstile stuck ours in her pocket and we got them at the end.

Stranraer beat Dunfermline 3-1 today so a win next league match plus a tie or loss for Dunfermline clinches the title. Will we see changes after that to playing personnel? Would like to think so BUT doubt it. Getting up a 3:15 am, then a 35 minute drive to the club to watch a performance like that is getting old.

I share your doubts.

Hope it's not too long before your early starts are rewarded!