McCoist to meet Wallace to discuss summer signings

If I were Graham Wallace I'd be TELLING Ally no more new players. Use the players we already have. If you want to bring in new players then get rid of some players and you'll be limited to whatever you make (if anything) of them. If you renew a players contract it may have to be a reduced wage. If a player leaves then you'll need to replace them with a player we already have. So you might need to start playing more youth players.

If Ally doesn't like it then he needs to know that he will be replaced. I've tried defending Ally for a long time now but I'm just sick of it. I respect him as a player/rangers fan but he just isn't cut out for a manager it seems.

I honestly don't think we should be spending anymore money on new players. We can easily take the Championship with current players. They just need to be more motivated/confident and start training harder and playing a higher quality football more consistently.

What do I know though. Just my thoughts.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy enough to say get rid of players and replace them with better players on lower wages. To do so, however, may prove more difficult. I can just see a Premiership player agreeing to that with the knowledge that his job security will be 10% of that with his present club. Come to Rangers. Get dog's abuse for a season. Get cast aside as "useless". Career fucked. As for McInnes coming to us next season - dream on. Maybe once we are re-established in the Premiership and all this boardroom shite is behind us but, until then, no chance.

Rangers, my team not my project.

How typical a standard straight forward interview where the manager actually only wanted to talk about football for a change and it gets turned into another Ally bashing. I really hope we do win the Scottish Cup and prefer it if it was against Aberdeen as they are currently the second best side in the top flight, even if we do Ally still won't be given any credit for the achievement.

FB. So a manager wants to talk about football rather than boardroom matters. Shockaroony!

Rangers, my team not my project.

You know you can post that wee birthday card pun in your signature instead of typing it out at the end of EVERY SINGLE post you make.....

We need a better standard of player, but I'm not convinced that this Summer is the time to go after them.

This would have been the summer to go for the likes of Law and Templeton (in theory)

The last two summers should have been about giving the young lads the experience they need to push on at this level. Some will succeed and some will fall by the wayside. Those that succeeded would have played about 60 to 70 1st team games which is invaluable experience for the top flight.

As it stands now we have a squad ill prepared for next season let alone the SPFL. And the money required to get us up to a decent standard doesn't appear to be there either.

If things remain as they are and we have to cut costs then i really fear for us next season and indeed the ones after that.

Bloated squad? Got to laugh at the folk who only think you need 11 players to win a league and compete in cups? We have a squad running at 30% of turnover - it's hardly bloated.

What we ned is incremental improvement in the squad every transfer window - that means getting rid and bringing in - no one thinks this squad is competitive enough for the SPL so we only have 3 transfer windows to so.

We have the biggest squad in Scotland in terms of full time professionals so I don't think it's unfair to say the squad us bloated! We should be looking to streamline our squad so we have a strong 15/16 players for the first team with our more talented youngsters used to supplement that for next season and then we can add to that once back in the top flight and hopefully Europe!

first 3 signings should be

2 coaches who can teach our players football..you know like passing,running WITH the ball,dead ball situations,shooting and crossing the ball.

1 Scout who can pick a top young player to be brought on by said coaches and sell at a profit.

Unbelievable how anyone can talk about new players. We're taking out a fucking loan to keep us going until the end of the season and Ally wants to talk about new players coming in.

:ohmy:

McCoist does his job by asking for team improvements, Wallace does his job and says no. McCoist goes about his business. Where is the drama in that? Also, Wallace has said we have short term cash flow problems (this season) but no projected problems in the medium to long term. So how can McCoist know what he can and cannot have without discussing it? Why has a normal discussion between manager and CEO now become a stick to hit McCoist with? It's good to maintain a dialogue with your CEO.

If I were Graham Wallace I'd be TELLING Ally no more new players. Use the players we already have. If you want to bring in new players then get rid of some players and you'll be limited to whatever you make (if anything) of them. If you renew a players contract it may have to be a reduced wage. If a player leaves then you'll need to replace them with a player we already have. So you might need to start playing more youth players.

If Ally doesn't like it then he needs to know that he will be replaced. I've tried defending Ally for a long time now but I'm just sick of it. I respect him as a player/rangers fan but he just isn't cut out for a manager it seems.

I honestly don't think we should be spending anymore money on new players. We can easily take the Championship with current players. They just need to be more motivated/confident and start training harder and playing a higher quality football more consistently.

What do I know though. Just my thoughts.

This !!

However I'm sure Allys new found silence is a bargaining chip.

No signings and he will endorse King.

Ally has a ludicrously highly paid job for life if king takes over.

No wonder the tims are backing king.

We have the 2nd highest wage bill in the country so IMHO if apart from the premier league we should have a squad good enough to win the other leagues, Ally needs to start having some foresight about the club not the current team, any signings we make should be non playing staff like good youth coaches or Scouting staff for example, I would start looking abroad for youth coaches and pay them good money to come over.

McCoist does his job by asking for team improvements, Wallace does his job and says no. McCoist goes about his business. Where is the drama in that? Also, Wallace has said we have short term cash flow problems (this season) but no projected problems in the medium to long term. So how can McCoist know what he can and cannot have without discussing it? Why has a normal discussion between manager and CEO now become a stick to hit McCoist with? It's good to maintain a dialogue with your CEO.

Agreed!

Any Manager would ask and hope to be able to sign new players to inprove his Team. That's what Managers do!

If there is no money to do it, then a competant CEO will say no, sorry, we can't afford it. That's what CEO's.

As you say, some are now using this as a stick to hit McCoist with ffs. Ally wouldn't be doing bis Job if he wasn't trying to strenghten his Team. It's a normal discussion between a CEO and his Team Manager which will be happening AT EVERY FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE WORLD...................but on here it's turned into predictible senseless Ally bashing.

Whether i would trust him with more money is another matter, but to criticise a Manger for doing what Managers do is petty and wrong.

Agreed!

Any Manager would ask and hope to be able to sign new players to inprove his Team. That's what Managers do!

If there is no money to do it, then a competant CEO will say no, sorry, we can't afford it. That's what CEO's.

As you say, some are now using this as a stick to hit McCoist with ffs. Ally wouldn't be doing bis Job if he wasn't trying to strenghten his Team. It's a normal discussion between a CEO and his Team Manager which will be happening AT EVERY FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE WORLD...................but on here it's turned into predictible senseless Ally bashing.

Whether i would trust him with more money is another matter, but to criticise a Manger for doing what Managers do is petty and wrong.

He's entitled to ask sure but it's frustrating that his 'plans' seem to consist of nothing more than throwing more and more money at the problem.

We simply can't afford to do that anymore.

He's entitled to ask sure but it's frustrating that his 'plans' seem to consist of nothing more than throwing more and more money at the problem.

We simply can't afford to do that anymore.

You'll not see me arguing with you about that.........

We have the biggest squad in Scotland in terms of full time professionals so I don't think it's unfair to say the squad us bloated! We should be looking to streamline our squad so we have a strong 15/16 players for the first team with our more talented youngsters used to supplement that for next season and then we can add to that once back in the top flight and hopefully Europe!

So Aird Macleod Crawford ? Are these in that 15/16 or are they talented youngsters? If they are considered kids ( which I think they are) then I don't think we have 15/16 - there are always 3-4 players out so I think our squad is sparse enough - then again if we don't want the squad to deliver we can cut back further

You's wouldn't be moaning about signing Smith if Wallace got a serious injury - touch wood. Of course Allys going to bring in cover for positions, or would you rather he went through the season with 1 recognised left back, praying he doesn't get injured?

You's wouldn't be moaning about signing Smith if Wallace got a serious injury - touch wood. Of course Allys going to bring in cover for positions, or would you rather he went through the season with 1 recognised left back, praying he doesn't get injured?

TBH I do think Smith is gash but I can understand why Ally signed him, imagine we drew them away at peadodice and Wallace was out injured do we throw an 18/19 year old kid into that kind of cauldron or play someone out of position?

Don't think Smith is on any kind of huge wage anyway or that his not being here would change the financial position of the club one way or another.

Cribari

Little

Hutton

Perry

Hegarty

Foster

Smith

Peralta

Shiels.

We should be looking to get rid of all of them.

if we get rid of all them then we will need to bring in a good few players. hence the need for meetings with Wallace over transfer budgets.

Smith I'd keep unless we get a decent back up to wallace ( which I believe smith is)

If we get rid of sheils and dont renew littles contract we will definitely need at least one new forward player.

TBH I do think Smith is gash but I can understand why Ally signed him, imagine we drew them away at peadodice and Wallace was out injured do we throw an 18/19 year old kid into that kind of cauldron or play someone out of position?

Don't think Smith is on any kind of huge wage anyway or that his not being here would change the financial position of the club one way or another.

Wrong way of thinking in my opinion. Signing a player on the basis that we MAY get drawn against the bheasts in a cup game....come on.

He should be signing a player because he is the best we can sign end of regardless of age.

As for next season i sincerely hope the likes of Foster and Smith are nowhere near a blue jersey.