Ally Has To Resign

JamieG54

Other than yourself and a few others, even Ally's fiercest critics would acknowledge that this man is in it for more than the money.

Near everyone is in agreement he has to go be it now or the end of the season.

Thats the reality.

He's fucking pish.

I believe you 'think' that - fuck I 'think' that! (and I kid you not btw!)

However, Ally has delivered on that.

Its the great thing about being an armchair fan, we all KNOW we could do better than the manager - in fact that miss from Daly - I KNOW I would scored it!!

Why do you treat football different from any other area in your life BP9?

From what I've picked up so far on this board, you have a decent job and are very good at it, if someone under your power was just doing the absolute minimum every week/year even though he was spending more money than your competitors were, would you be praising his greatness to the hilt or pulling him into your office and giving him his jotters? I know what the answer it and it's not the former.

You need to take the blue tinted specs off.

Alistair is extremely fortunate that Charlie has not yet returned, GW does not appear at this time to have the required steel to advise his board of the decision that requires urgent addressing.

The simple conclusions are that Alistair and his staff are extremely poor value for money as is the entire £7 million wage bill, he who hesitates to make the decision that is best for The Rangers may consign us to being also rans for many years.

not yet returned?

I don't think he has hatred, he just sees this isn't acceptable at Rangers and had it not been Ally the attitudes would be different.

He's had enough chances, he should go.

A quote from his interview, absolute embarrassment, it shouldn't be defended.

McCoist was pleased that with the way his players responded to being a being a goal down at half time.

He said: “It was very important the players didn’t go into a shell and start panicking in fear of not getting a goal.

“We had to reassure the boys they had to be brave and keep taking the ball in difficult areas and trying to get us free-kicks and fouls higher up the park.

In your defence of 'The Godfather' I know you have seen what he has written, same as I have, just interprt it differently.

WhenWalterr was playing defensive football - I am sure the other managers were saying - lets get the set pieces and use them to score as its 'easier' to score from set pieces than open play - fuck every pundit I know says how important set pieces are - so I hardly see that quote as being something to condemn Ally with. But it seems you will try hard to do so anyway!

Yesterday was "disappointing"

East Fife was "disappointing"

Stranraer was "disappointing"

Stenhousemuir was "disappointing"

Ayr was "disappointing"

Brechin was "disappointing"

Get the picture yet?

Almost all of our games are "disappointing" because of McCoist.

If many can predict his line up and his first sub with ease then so can the opposition. They can plan ahead and take measures to stop us playing. Which is what Albion Rovers did. Our style and approach is tailor made for these teams. We play to their strengths which inevitably means we struggle in most games to beat mediocre opposition.

Coming out with utter garbage like it wasn't embarrassing or trying to win fouls and free kicks higher up the park shows you the mentality of the man.

That was an embarrassment pure and simple. And we should have been looking to get in behind them. To play a higher passing and moving game. Take players on and deliver good balls in the final third.

The Mohsni move was sheer desperation and panic and we got lucky...very lucky.

If we do overcome the mighty Rovers we will get a footballing lesson from United.

thats just soft soaping it. At the moment we cant afford to make up a role for Ally in order to not hurt his sensibilities.

As i said in another post - convincing good players to play for us in the next few years is one of the most important responsibilities at the club.

It's shrewd business to hire someone who can do this. And Ally has this ability.

As i said in another post - convincing good players to play for us in the next few years is one of the most important responsibilities at the club.

It's shrewd business to hire someone who can do this. And Ally has this ability.

no he doesn't. The club with deeper pockets has the ability.

A point I tried to make in a thread last week was these 'lower' clubs ar no where as tactically nieve as we thought (and no where near as iunfit as we thought - although yesterday a good few got cramp) and that Walter showed us us difficult a tactically aware team can be to break down, despite the greater resources of the other team. Our European games under Walter were hardly pleasing on the eye, but they showed the effectiveness of the tactic - now we are having the same tactic applied against us and we are still winning (or like yesterday, not losing), but that tactic is effective BUT not conducive to great football. Yesterday Albion rode their luck , and played a deep defense - fair play to them and they got the draw -- such is cup football.

If you look at the vast majority of leagues then usually the strongest sides have to face opponents that do that to them all of the time, however having BETTER players and matching the other teams attitude means that in general you should overcome these sides with relative ease.

And yeah cup games are a one off and anything can happen however put this in to what it should mean for those players, our management and our club, it was piss poor.

Also I would just like to ask you , do you think on the field we are even close to heading in the right direction and being what Rangers should be?

Near everyone is in agreement he has to go be it now or the end of the season.

Thats the reality.

He's fucking pish.

There's no argument from me that Ally should not be manager next year.

My argument is that he has skills that we can use in another important capacity at the club.

And that this option happens to solve more than just filling an important position.

My argument is that he has skills that we can use in another important capacity at the club.

And that this option happens to solve more than just filling an important position.

Why should we have to create a roll to fit him in?

Because he's Ally McCoist?

Why not get Laudrup and Gazza while we are it.

For far too long we have been a club where we just give old mates positions, it needs to stop.

Why do you treat football different from any other area in your life BP9?

From what I've picked up so far on this board, you have a decent job and are very good at it, if someone under your power was just doing the absolute minimum every week/year even though he was spending more money than your competitors were, would you be praising his greatness to the hilt or pulling him into your office and giving him his jotters? I know what the answer it and it's not the former.

You need to take the blue tinted specs off.

I've got this company I am helping at the moment, they have a sales guy I dislike a lot - but we set him, and others, targets last year and he made his numbers. We have given them this years targets and he is the number one sales man so far. My 'gut' tells me there is something wrong with the guy but he is delivering and so he stays.

I like McCoist (no shit sherlock) but my defence of him has NOTHING to do with Blue tinted specs - its to do with him delivering. His number one task last year was winning - job done, this year his number one target was the league (and even his detractors will admit we will win it). Job done again. As a secondy target we ere looking for improvements in Cup results - LC, fail. Ramsdens Cup - much improved over last season an in the final. SC much improved over last season and still a chance to get to the semi-final. Also for me it aint all about resource - resource helps, but the results still have to be delivered. Folk keep reitterating Football (like sales) is a result oriented business - so for me Ally has delivered, the time to look at his position is if he stops delivering.

what role - that exists at the club at the moment - would you give him?

how much would you pay him?

whats the return in this investment?

We need to get away from this jobs for the boys shite.

What do you know Ally 'excels' at? He was good on QOS but comes across terrible in the media as a manager.

We need a chief scout with strong European connections that can sell us to young ambitious players with hopes of one day playing in the CL and English premiership.

We don't need Ally and Durranty getting paid a fortune to take some player out for a few beers and a curry in the hope of persuading him to play for us!!

:lol: prejudging??? Yes some did prejudge ally as a manager 3 years ago and unfortunately their fears have been realised!

Well I said Christmas was when I would reevaluate things and you can check back on that! Our style if play is horrific, we don't seem to learn or progress and the vast majority of our players have regressed. The same 14/15 players get picked each week regardless and there is no energy or intensity in our game!

You mention unfettered transfer windows. Tell me how unfettered have the transfer windows of our opposition been? Nobody is disputing the results but at this level the results are as close to a given as can be with our resources and squad....the fact we are incapable of progressing under ally without continuing to spend money shows me he is not equipped for the job!

For me that middle paragraph hits the nail squarely on the head. I remember our first game as we started our journey from the bottom tier. I actually looked forward to the road we had ahead of us - naively optimistic auld bugger.

I felt sure we would struggle early doors but that we would settle and start to play attractive football with some young players breaking through and we would see the start of the rebuilding process. A process that would see us enter the top flight as serious contenders.

We have made little of any progress, we have developed no youngsters and the football on offer is rancid. As far as being contenders I'd suggest Richard Dunn was a more credible contender when he fought Mohammed Ali.

Messrs McCoist, McDowell and Durrant should do the honourable thing and commit Seppuku (in the metaphorical sense of course) and fall on their swords. Time to walk away lads for the sake of the club.

We need to get away from this jobs for the boys shite.

What do you know Ally 'excels' at? He was good on QOS but comes across terrible in the media as a manager.

We need a chief scout with strong European connections that can sell us to young ambitious players with hopes of one day playing in the CL and English premiership.

We don't need Ally and Durranty getting paid a fortune to take some player out for a few beers and a curry in the hope of persuading him to play for us!!

I agree - as ally has aged his checky chappy image is now lame as fuck and he doesn't have the gravitas most managers take for granted. He is now actually quite poor with a camera in front of him

The club with deeper pockets has the ability.

Bullshit.

If you followed sports closely you'd know that players often turn down more money. Many players wont play in small markets. lots of players are offered big bucks to play in russia or turkey and turn it down, some players are wiling to take less money from a club if the other club is playing in the the CL.

There are numerous factors affecting a player's choice today.

I've got this company I am helping at the moment, they have a sales guy I dislike a lot - but we set him, and others, targets last year and he made his numbers. We have given them this years targets and he is the number one sales man so far. My 'gut' tells me there is something wrong with the guy but he is delivering and so he stays.

I like McCoist (no shit sherlock) but my defence of him has NOTHING to do with Blue tinted specs - its to do with him delivering. His number one task last year was winning - job done, this year his number one target was the league (and even his detractors will admit we will win it). Job done again. As a secondy target we ere looking for improvements in Cup results - LC, fail. Ramsdens Cup - much improved over last season an in the final. SC much improved over last season and still a chance to get to the semi-final. Also for me it aint all about resource - resource helps, but the results still have to be delivered. Folk keep reitterating Football (like sales) is a result oriented business - so for me Ally has delivered, the time to look at his position is if he stops delivering.

Is it even possible that he could fail to deliver the leagues? Your sales guy would have knocked his pan in to meet those targets, has Ally?

I believe the targets set are too low, that's obviously where we differ, winning any old way against part-timers isn't good enough.

I could accept the target of just winning the league if we hadn't spent so much money, the bar was raised when we brought on players like Temps, Black and Shiels, and it was raised again this year and the football is still shite.

If your sales guy had more leads than everyone else he was up against and still just 'made target' questions would be asked as to why.

Why should we have to create a roll to fit him in?

Because he's Ally McCoist?

Why not get Laudrup and Gazza while we are it.

For far too long we have been a club where we just give old mates positions, it needs to stop.

as i said, it's not a matter of charity.

i think we are going to have a fuck of a hard time signing players when we get back into the premiership, and Ally has the skill and personality to convince players to come to Rangers.

neither Gazza nor Laudrup have this skill.

as i said, it's not a matter of charity.

i think we are going to have a fuck of a hard time signing players when we get back into the premiership, and Ally has the skill and personality to convince players to come to Rangers.

neither Gazza nor Laudrup have this skill.

Players don't need convincing by Ally McCoist to come to Rangers.

When we are in the top flight the prospect of OF games, Europe and playing at a packed Ibrox every other week will mean more than Ally jetsetting to say "Aye Rangers are class, moan play".

If you look at the vast majority of leagues then usually the strongest sides have to face opponents that do that to them all of the time, however having BETTER players and matching the other teams attitude means that in general you should overcome these sides with relative ease.

And yeah cup games are a one off and anything can happen however put this in to what it should mean for those players, our management and our club, it was piss poor.

Also I would just like to ask you , do you think on the field we are even close to heading in the right direction and being what Rangers should be?

In cup games the occasional shock happens - Its why we love the cup - look at Wigan ManCity. In the league, overall quality shines through over all - look at our league position.

Your last point - Rangers are miles away from even the team pre-admin, never mind the team that was there when Walter was first in charge. Mind you our budget is way below pre-admin as well and attracting players of the class we expect is difficult in the 3rd tier. (Hence while we have Daly, Black, and Faure, Moshni) - I doubt we would have signed them pre-adin (perhaps Law and Bell) but Ally, has had to work within the constraints he had, no other manager has been so constrained.

Do I see progress, yes, we are MUCH better than last season, so yes we are heading in the right direction. Over the summer I expect Ally to improve the squad - that does NOT mean he needs a bigger budget, nor needs to buy big, but he will transition some of the squad (some out - some in) I think ANY manager would want to do that.

Is the SC cup improved? Really? We are hanging in after another dire performance against a part time team. You are a ware of the level of opposition we are winning against arent you?These Albion players are back in work today and train twice a fucking week!!! We are winning despite of Ally not because of him. The sheer weight of our resources means its virtually impossible not to.

His cup record is still shite as Forfar proved. For the huge amount of money being paid to Ally I would expect a far better return. His legacy is that we only have 1 recognised youth player we can count on. The rest? Fuck knows they are all out on loan deemed surplus to requirements and being kept out the side by such crucial talents as Smith, Foster, Calbiri, Jig, Daly!!

We will get past Rovers but when Utd hand us our arses on a plate again then we will see how far behind Ally is in terms of being a good manager with a good side. While we are getting our rases handed back bare in mind for a minute that 1) Our manger is on x30 the wages of the Utd Manager 2) Our team was assembled at x10 the cost of his opponents team.

Then ask youreself honestly, what are we getting in return for all the millions that Ally and his mates have taken from our club?

Back to back titles?

When the manager of Rangers is stating publicly that there is no shame in drawing at home to Albion Rovers you know we're in the grubber. He should have been foaming at the mouth, stating that this was totally unacceptable for a club of our stature and resources. If his standards are such that a draw against Albion Rovers is alright then we either have to take mediocrity as the norm from now on or hope that board's expectations are higher than his and they punt him.

I agree - as ally has aged his checky chappy image is now lame as fuck and he doesn't have the gravitas most managers take for granted. He is now actually quite poor with a camera in front of him

Next we will be saying he doesn't have the dress sense. or body language to be a manager. Oh dear!