Ally Has To Resign

JamieG54

'moans' is an exaggeration. He does what managers do.

He's won the league at a canter. The play is not great to watch, but I would argue it was never likely to be in the circumstances. He makes mistakes, definitely. I'd like to see if he can do it with better players now that he has a bit of experience. He may not be capable, but there's only one way to find out.

Prevention is better than cure if that idiot gets millions to spend on better players just in an attempt to prove a wee point about benefit of the doubt to the doubters then it will drive fans away for a long time / if we are lucky enough to be afloat after it

Prevention is better than cure if that idiot gets millions to spend on better players just to prove a wee point about benefit of the doubt to the doubters then it will drive fans away for a long time / if we are lucky enough to be afloat after it

Pretty pathetic if that's what fans do. But yes, if the fans do that en-masse he will have to be removed.

I don't think he's an idiot and I don't see any reason to believe he'd waste it.

They mostly do. This ball in the air all the time thing is a bit of a myth for me. Today for example. Lots of shit crosses, but there was virtually no back to front stuff. We signed them because they were decent players who would guarantee promotions from 3 divisions with a reasonable standard of football. The play is not great, but it's not as awful as made out IMO. I think people were expecting too much and I wonder if, maybe subconsciously, they are still looking at things with the eye of a Rangers fan used to better players. If you watch Prem games, you'll get plenty of the kind of play we have to watch now.

And our opponents are not capable of it either. If they were they would not be where they are, which is upwards of 23 (with a game in hand so maybe 26 points behind us.

This post is basically everything I've been trying to say for the last 6 months.

'moans' is an exaggeration. He does what managers do.

He's won the league at a canter. The play is not great to watch, but I would argue it was never likely to be in the circumstances. He makes mistakes, definitely. I'd like to see if he can do it with better players now that he has a bit of experience. He may not be capable, but there's only one way to find out.

Entitled to your opinion, I don't think he deserves a crack at the top league based on his performance in the lower leagues.

He's not shown anything to deserve it, in my opinion anyway, I've read a lot of fans say that the dissenters are bored of the journey now and just want back to the top league, I'd argue that the manager has made us feel that way. Another couple of years of football like that will have me self-harming.

Entitled to your opinion, I don't think he deserves a crack at the top league based on his performance in the lower leagues.

He's not shown anything to deserve it, in my opinion anyway, I've read a lot of fans say that the dissenters are bored of the journey now and just want back to the top league, I'd argue that the manager has made us feel that way. Another couple of years of football like that will have me self-harming.

I felt good about this season at the start with Law looking terrific and us playing some nice stuff, wasn't bored then.

But we've just got worse and worse since that early spell

Okay then

Magic. We've, in a long and convoluted way, agreed that we disagree. So, as long as I can have your promise that you won't self harm in the next wee while, I'm off back to The Killing Fields...

I felt good about this season at the start with Law looking terrific and us playing some nice stuff, wasn't bored then.

But we've just got worse and worse since that early spell

I would love to know what's going on in his head, as in does he care whether we play to a better standard or not or does he not give a fuck as long as we get the win? I think it's the latter tbh, same as Walter.

Magic. We've, in a long and convoluted way, agreed that we disagree. So, as long as I can have your promise that you won't self harm in the next wee while, I'm off back to The Killing Fields...

On second thoughts, let's continue this until you agree with me.

We call it supporting the team. What contribution do you make to the atmosphere sitting in the house then? Fuck all, that's exactly how much. You talk a lot on here mind. Negativity and devaluing our club. That your market niche is it? If every season ticket holder acted the way you do the away support would outnumber us. You supported Sky Sports today not Rangers. Oh, and what are "fams"?

Ahh right, so it's the fans who are pissed off and staying away because of Allys incompetance fault... for Allys being incompetant at his job? Jeezo :lol:

You only support the team if you go to the game and not watch it on the telly? You're playing a fucking blinder here :lol:

Resorting to hightlighting typos sums you up in this thread :lol:

I love Ally as much as everyone else and have given him up to now with my support. Probably hoped he could take us all the way but I think we will end up doing ourselves more harm than good if we scrape to the top tier playing like this and end up mid table/nowhere near challenging.

Agree with everything that you have said jamie,its time to go and go now.I have my season ticket,but won,t be going back this season as i cant watch this anymore.will go to the semi-final,only to put money into the club.

Its realistic. Emotions are running high. I really hope we win this but I am looking at long term and not game by game.

It's when you get this kind of stuff (ostrich head in sand if pic doesn't work) that this place starts to feel pointless. Anyone who doesn't agree with the majority on a thread like this just gets dismissed with no effort to debate. Not all, but some, start this stuff.

Is this better then

post-71529-0-05688600-1394433515_thumb.j

To not be embarrassed by drawing at home against the 37th worst team in Scotland out of 42 is enough in my book to be shown the door.

I posted this yesterday on VB to show how easy it is to play against us.

Posted Yesterday, 04:47 PM

Same team same set up same pish. No changes at half time tells you he hasn't got a clue what to do differently now. He'll make a sub around the 65th min and it will be Little for Shiels

It's what I'd expect of a 10 year old. You know, someone unable to articulate their opinion properly on a forum due to immaturity and total lack of life experience.

fuk off am too busy playing with my abacus to indulge you in your love of a manager who shows tactical immaturity and a total lack of managerial experience...

I have no doubt Ally would have resigned today if he had lost.

It would have been against everything that makes this man who he is - but he would have.

I watched the Judge sit on the bench knowing that no matter how much Souness tried to humiliate him he'd ram the ball in the back of the net, and down Souness' throat with the 5 minutes he was given on the park.

It's the same resolve that has prevented him from chucking it thus far. But a loss today would have been too much for him.

And while I have never been a fan of Ally's skills as a manager, it would have been a mistake for him to have resigned

The time to do that is at the end of the season.

Every Bear knows that liewell's spl fucked us good and proper; however, the stupid wankers fucked themselves in the process.

After they fucked us, i was more than happy to give money to wee teams in the lower divisions than give it to the spl parasite we subsidized for more than a century.

i hate fucking losing, and, as a Bear, wasn't used to it and never will be. But if not doing well in scottish cups or league cups for a couple of years meant those that fucked us got fucked - then so fucking what!

I knew we'd cruise through the lower divisions for a few years no matter the quality of the manager's tactical skill. And that there would be a substantial decrease in the quality of our football. and, frankly, anyone who thought otherwise had the blinders on. As Ranger' men, a winning mentality is bred in us - so having the blinders on is understandable but that doesn't make it right.

Aye we want to win the league and every cup we're in - that makes us who we are. But if not winning cups for a few years fucks the cunts who fucked us then so be it.

Ally has demonstrated that he has the ability to win these leagues at a canter, and right now that's the only thing that matters.

That being said, we must have a team next year that will win the league as well as building a contender for the championship the following year. And, while Ally has the skills to manage the two lower leagues at a canter, he does not have the tactical skill to accomplish what is necessary next year and the following year.

After this season, Ally should be parachuted into a post at the club that utilizes his unique talents, and someone with the necessary tactical skills hired a manager next year. Considering the shite in the Premiership, a year is more than enough time for a good manager to build a team that will challenge for the title.

i know it's fucking hard to watch and pay for some of the shite we've had to witness on the park these last few years but if it fucks those that fucked us it's worth it. Taking one on the chin to boot them in the balls comes with the territory. So man the fuck up.

In the long term, a couple of years of dodgy tactics, and losing in cups that only helps the spfl and cunts who fucked us is piss all.

Winning the league is the only thing that has been important these last two years.

Next year is a different story.

Ally will be at Rangers next year in another capacity, as he should, and we will have a new manager.

No worries.

Sorry Ally, but that result was a monumental embarrassment, and you are fast becoming a major embarrassment yourself.

I'm not detracting from the Albion Rovers performance, I'm just stating an unassailable fact - that we are crap and you are not a football manager. Your after match comments over the past several games (if not the season) have been cringworthy at best, and complacent and dismissive at worst.

The vast majority of our supporters have no illusions about the 'quality' of our team or, indeed, the level we're currently playing at - we know we are a poor team. But we are a poor team, poorly led, by a manager who has no tactical ability whatsoever. An 11 man defence, a 'punt the ball up front' strategy, an inability to string 2 passes together, a team that looks disinterested and lethargic and a number of players who appear incapable and inept.

I am not one of those who have called for Ally's 'head', so it is with considerable reluctance that I have concluded that it's now time for him to go while his reputation is intact. If the performance against Albion Rovers was the exception rather than the rule this season (and last!), I might have some sympathy with Ally's post match comments, but the inescapable fact is that we are absolutely dire! A complete shambles - and have been for the last two seasons!

Yes, we're winning the league at a canter, and our objective of back to back promotions has been achieved - but at what cost I wonder. I doubt if anyone can put hand on heart and say that they have enjoyed the football. If we're in the business of entertainment, then Ally and his team have failed miserably - it has been a trial - almost a torture - to watch us play this season.

There can be no equivocation, no bullshit - we are ABSOLUTELY DIRE, and fundemental change is now imperative!

Unlike some however, I still trust we will beat Albion Rovers in the replay and make the semi-final, although I must say I really fear we could suffer the same fate as the last time we played Dundee Utd in the cup.

Ally is deluding himself if he sincerely believes that these performances against the likes of Albion Rovers are acceptable and, more worryingly, to be expected. I think he is a man totally lost and totally bereft of ideas. I also firmly believe that the 'old boys' management regime at Murray Park is a major barrier to progress on and off the park, and I am persuaded that a root and branch clear out is urgently required.

No knee-jerk reaction here - just a statement of the obvious. Sad days indeed!

His cup record is very poor:

2011-2012 - Knocked out of the Champions League at the first attempt by Malmo, having lost 1-0 at home

2011-2012 - Knocked out of the Europa League at the first attempt by Maribor

2011-2012 - 3-2 League Cup defeat to Falkirk team one division below us at the time.

2011-2012 - 2-0 Scottish Cup defeat at home by Dundee United

2012-2013 - Knocked out of the Challenge cup o penalties after a 2-2 draw at home to Queen of the South

2012-2013 - 3-0 home defeat to Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the League Cup

2012-2013 - 3-0 away defeat to Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup

2013-2014 - 2-1 away defeat t Forfar Athletic in the League Cup

2013-2014 - 1-1 home draw with Albion Rovers in the Scottish Cup

According to an interview. With Ally, in the Sunday Mail Walter let Ally do both the Scottish cups in 2008 and 2009 - which we won. Oh and we are not out of this one yet!

You could just feel the change in atmosphere towards Ally yesterday from within Ibrox with each passing moment.

At no way did he make one tactical decision, it was the same formation, same long ball up to the big man up front.

Taling Shiels off when we were 1-0 down in the cup was ridiculous when he did it, everyone could see they were already struggling, offered no threat going forward yet we were still happy to play with 4 at the back, could have easily went 3 at the back and went for it but no...almost like for like substitutions with no change in formation or tactics.

Also the ironic cheers when we FINALLY left one up from a free kick and the corner said it all.

According to an interview. With Ally, in the Sunday Mail Walter let Ally do both the Scottish cups in 2008 and 2009 - which we won. Oh and we are not out of this one yet!

Call it clouding history if you want, but that is a little economical with reality there! Ally may have been in the dugout but how often did Walter have to come down and change things? I think your clutching at straws trying to give him credit for those cup wins as anything more than an assistant!

Sorry Ally, but that result was a monumental embarrassment, and you are fast becoming a major embarrassment yourself.

I'm not detracting from the Albion Rovers performance, I'm just stating an unassailable fact - that we are crap and you are not a football manager. Your after match comments over the past several games (if not the season) have been cringworthy at best, and complacent and dismissive at worst.

The vast majority of our supporters have no illusions about the 'quality' of our team or, indeed, the level we're currently playing at - we know we are a poor team. But we are a poor team, poorly led, by a manager who has no tactical ability whatsoever. An 11 man defence, a 'punt the ball up front' strategy, an inability to string 2 passes together, a team that looks disinterested and lethargic and a number of players who appear incapable and inept.

I am not one of those who have called for Ally's 'head', so it is with considerable reluctance that I have concluded that it's now time for him to go while his reputation is intact. If the performance against Albion Rovers was the exception rather than the rule this season (and last!), I might have some sympathy with Ally's post match comments, but the inescapable fact is that we are absolutely dire! A complete shambles - and have been for the last two seasons!

Yes, we're winning the league at a canter, and our objective of back to back promotions has been achieved - but at what cost I wonder. I doubt if anyone can put hand on heart and say that they have enjoyed the football. If we're in the business of entertainment, then Ally and his team have failed miserably - it has been a trial - almost a torture - to watch us play this season.

There can be no equivocation, no bullshit - we are ABSOLUTELY DIRE, and fundemental change is now imperative!

Unlike some however, I still trust we will beat Albion Rovers in the replay and make the semi-final, although I must say I really fear we could suffer the same fate as the last time we played Dundee Utd in the cup.

Ally is deluding himself if he sincerely believes that these performances against the likes of Albion Rovers are acceptable and, more worryingly, to be expected. I think he is a man totally lost and totally bereft of ideas. I also firmly believe that the 'old boys' management regime at Murray Park is a major barrier to progress on and off the park, and I am persuaded that a root and branch clear out is urgently required.

No knee-jerk reaction here - just a statement of the obvious. Sad days indeed!

While I'd be hard pressed to disagree with one of the point you have made concerning Ally, all of them are irrelevant in the long term for the reasons i stated in a few posts prior.

Two years of no cups and dodgy entertainment value ishard to take but it's irrelevant in the long term, particularly if it fucks those that fucked us.

Next year is, of course, critical and Ally's clearly not up to it. He knows this now. It will be his final season as manager.

While I'd be hard pressed to disagree with one of the point you have made concerning Ally, all of them are irrelevant in the long term for the reasons i stated in a few posts prior.

Two years of no cups and dodgy entertainment value ishard to take but it's irrelevant in the long term, particularly if it fucks those that fucked us.

Next year is, of course, critical and Ally's clearly not up to it. He knows this now. It will be his final season as manager.

I agree with you, I think he'll go at end of season..

The jobs too big for him and I think he realises it.