Result Is Not Embarrassing

For me it is all about the signings and what happens when they arrive.

Templeton, Shiels and Black were all influential players in the SPL - not the third tier, the SPL - they are shadows of the players they were.

Law - he arrived with a bang, scoring goals and driving us forward - that looked like a shell-shocked version out there - he too is going backwards

Daly - the worst signing McCoist has made. Not the player's fault or because Daly is not working hard, but because he is not just the focal point of our game, he is the ONLY point - we have no alternatives. Actually, I'll correct that - Plan B DOES exist - it is "throw TWO big guys up front to punt at" - what do they do at Murray Park all week?

The league will be secured this week and I think that might be it.

If the board thought that changing the manager now would get us past Dundee United (assuming we win the replay) then that would accelerate things - but we are so far down the hole, they will probably give him to the end of the season so that he doesn't have to "walk away" - because we all know just how the haters will pounce on that.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to Albion rovers..Like Stranraer and East Fife before them they were the better side while we struggled to change tactics when the first ones weren't working.

But we are Rangers.Scotlands biggest side with Scotlands second biggest wage bill and Scotlands highest (not fabricated) average attendance playing the countries second smallest club who's crowds average 400( only boosted by the idiotic obsessed Green Brigade yesterday) on a sunny day.

We were at home in the Scottish cup quarter..I know these things happen in football but it's been happening for too long now.We're played off the park by junior sides only winning when they're gubbed after 70 minutes and we score against knackered legs.

1 up front against Albion rovers with a bench my old school wouldnae have ..and Ally wants MORE money!!!

Sorry Ally, but that result was a monumental embarrassment, and you are fast becoming a major embarrassment yourself.

I'm not detracting from the Albion Rovers performance, I'm just stating an unassailable fact - that we are crap and you are not a football manager. Your after match comments over the past several games (if not the season) have been cringworthy at best, and complacent and dismissive at worst.

The vast majority of our supporters have no illusions about the 'quality' of our team or, indeed, the level we're currently playing at - we know we are a poor team. But we are a poor team, poorly led, by a manager who has no tactical ability whatsoever. An 11 man defence, a 'punt the ball up front' strategy, an inability to string 2 passes together, a team that looks disinterested and lethargic and a number of players who appear incapable and inept.

I am not one of those who have called for Ally's 'head', so it is with considerable reluctance that I have concluded that it's now time for him to go while his reputation is intact. If the performance against Albion Rovers was the exception rather than the rule this season (and last!), I might have some sympathy with Ally's post match comments, but the inescapable fact is that we are absolutely dire! A complete shambles - and have been for the last two seasons!

Yes, we're winning the league at a canter, and our objective of back to back promotions has been achieved - but at what cost I wonder. I doubt if anyone can put hand on heart and say that they have enjoyed the football. If we're in the business of entertainment, then Ally and his team have failed miserably - it has been a trial - almost a torture - to watch us play this season.

There can be no equivocation, no bullshit - we are ABSOLUTELY DIRE, and fundemental change is now imperative!

Unlike some however, I still trust we will beat Albion Rovers in the replay and make the semi-final, although I must say I really fear we could suffer the same fate as the last time we played Dundee Utd in the cup.

Ally is deluding himself if he sincerely believes that these performances against the likes of Albion Rovers are acceptable and, more worryingly, to be expected. I think he is a man totally lost and totally bereft of ideas. I also firmly believe that the 'old boys' management regime at Murray Park is a major barrier to progress on and off the park, and I am persuaded that a root and branch clear out is urgently required.

No knee-jerk reaction here - just a statement of the obvious. Sad days indeed!

tin hat on here:

I though foster had a cracking game today :matron:

Just as well you put that hat on gogsy! 'A cracking game'? Mate what game were you watching? He put in two good crosses and got forward a bit better than usual but he is so laboured in possession. He almost always has to stop the ball dead before adding it or moving forward which kills our attacks. Although he certainly wasn't the worst yesterday I don't think there was any rangers player you could legitimately say had a 'cracking game'.

The only players I rate are Wallace and sometimes Black the rest were a car crash.

Jury's still out on Bell !!

I know Albion R barracked the box most of the game .....but we're suppose to have professional players .

The time they played pass the ball in the midfield instead of going forward and trying to score a bleeding goal or long balled in to the opposition does your box in. Other part time team managers know this and are closing us down week in.

I would love to see him ( next season) bring in a top coach, i do feel we have issues with the management team, not sure if a small change will work, or if it will be a major one that is needed.

I sincerely hope Ally isn't still manager for next season; it will be a lot harder playing full-time teams with THOSE tactics.

I dont think it was embarrassing, rather it was very dissapointing.

Rovers, while langushing near the bottom of the bottom teir of Scottish football have had a VERY VERY good cup run. In that run they had not conceeded a goal in the cup till today and have a much bigger scalp than we have so far in the cup ( motherwell)

they are clearly playing out of their skins in the cup and they done to us today what I have seen us do to countless teams in Europe. They parked the bus, took advantage of the few chances they were given and made themselves very very hard to beat.

they deserve all the credit for today, we huffed and puffed for ages and struggled to make an impact in the final part of the play ( 39 attempts at goal, only fucking two on target) that is a stat that needs to be looked at and addressed.

Nah it was embarrassing.

Just dressing it up to mean less is howlin.

I dont think it was embarrassing, rather it was very dissapointing.

Rovers, while langushing near the bottom of the bottom teir of Scottish football have had a VERY VERY good cup run. In that run they had not conceeded a goal in the cup till today and have a much bigger scalp than we have so far in the cup ( motherwell)

they are clearly playing out of their skins in the cup and they done to us today what I have seen us do to countless teams in Europe. They parked the bus, took advantage of the few chances they were given and made themselves very very hard to beat.

they deserve all the credit for today, we huffed and puffed for ages and struggled to make an impact in the final part of the play ( 39 attempts at goal, only fucking two on target) that is a stat that needs to be looked at and addressed.

It's incredibly embarrassing, not sure how you could possibly say it wasn't?

They did play out their skins, they played like a team trying to win the cup whereas we did not, no fight, no determination and lucky to get a draw against Albion Rovers at Ibrox.

It isn't good enough for Rangers and this is hardly the first issue people have had with our play and Ally's 'management'.

It's time for change, better late than never.

It's incredibly embarrassing, not sure how you could possibly say it wasn't?

They did play out their skins, they played like a team trying to win the cup whereas we did not, no fight, no determination and lucky to get a draw against Albion Rovers at Ibrox.

This.

We looked so lacklustre at times; many people have used the excuse that we are going through the motions as the league is a forgone conclusion.

Yet here we are in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup, with the Bheasts out and a chance to give the rest of Scottish football a massive two fingers, and we play with so little passion. Look at the second half....we came out the blocks then 5 minutes later we were the insipid, reticent team we have saw so much this season, especially this year.

This.

We looked so lacklustre at times; many people have used the excuse that we are going through the motions as the league is a forgone conclusion.

Yet here we are in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup, with the Bheasts out and a chance to give the rest of Scottish football a massive two fingers, and we play with so little passion. Look at the second half....we came out the blocks then 5 minutes later we were the insipid, reticent team we have saw so much this season, especially this year.

Exactly and i find that disgraceful.

Ally said he had a chat with them at half time aswell, that just doesn't sound to me like the passion and enormity of this game was being hammered into these players. The players should have been playing like it was the final of the champions league but we looked painfully slow and compared to them showed no fight for the game.

The quotes from his team talk were he praised the players in the 2nd half and encouraged them to get fouls further up the park is proof enough of how clueless the man is.

I was reading comments on another football forum that is frequented by fans of all the other British teams and they were genuinely shocked at how poor we were and how the tactics deployed where like something from the dark ages of football.

The Tims want him to stay and he is almost like a John Barnes type character to them. Would love him to turn it around but you just know he has reached the limit in terms of what ability he has.

Can you imagine what Scumdee will do to us in the semi if we get there?

We mist be the most predictable team to play against. You just know exactly how we will play before a ball is kicked.

Apparently Alistair will be citing yesterday's result as proof that more money is required to address a lack of depth in his squad, when he speakst to GW shortly about transfer funds for next season.

The outcome of this "chat" will be twofold, it will show if GW has the mettle to impose decisions on Alistair, it will also bring to a head exactly were Alistair sits in relation to political matters, when and if his pleas for more money fall on deaf ears.

Whatever the outcome the repercussions will be interesting.

I'm embarrassed for the manager if he feels that's his best response to what we all witnessed yesterday.

He might not do 'walking away' but there are thousands of Rangers supporters doing exactly that as we are being force-fed dire football and bullshit excuses from this man.

He should do the honourable thing and just go.

The board will be scared to sack him. He holds too much sway with the bedsheets crew. I said it before if they sack him then we'll have dingwall Graham and the rest calling for boycotts but if we keep him we'll return to financial meltdown as hes a cheque book manager albeit an extremely poor one.

What do they do?

A chequebook manager? :lol:.

Based on what? Free agents and bosmans? :lol:.

In my lifetime of watching and supporting Rangers Football Club there have been many players I've considered 'legends', from the great 1960's teams right through to the 1990's and early part of the new millennium. The names are too numerous to list here and you'll all have your own favourites - but among them are two legends who went on to manage the team. John Greig and Ally McCoist - both on-field legends in the truest sense of the word. McCoist our greatest ever goal scorer and Greig voted our greatest ever player......yet they both have one thing in common.

It hasn't worked out for them in the world of football management.

Greig left the playing side and immediately went into management at Ibrox - no sending him off somewhere to learn his trade or to see if he had what it took - nope, just straight into the gig and, sadly, he floundered and was sacked....he never took up another managerial position in football which may or may not tell its own story.

McCoist is Greig Mk2. No previous club to learn his trade or to see if he was suited to the job. His stint under Smith consisted of him "picking the team" in cup games and although he didn't set the heather on fire he was shoehorned into the job thanks to his grey-haired pal from Carmyle.

A blind man can see McCoist is out of his depth - his comfort zone is in front of a TV camera in a studio somewhere being the cheeky-chappy in a sports-related quiz........anywhere but a football dressing room or on a training ground.

He needs to be replaced the day following our title clinching win, which, unless he fucks it up so badly we miss the chance, should be this midweek after we play Airdrie at Ibrox.

He should pack his bags on Thursday morning and leave the building....his legend status still intact.

He deserves at least that - meanwhile we need to plan ahead for next season and get in place someone who can manage, can coach, can motivate and can take us forward.

Who that might be is up for conjecture and we've all got our own opinions on that....all I know is (my opinion) it's not Ally McCost, M.B.E.

In my lifetime of watching and supporting Rangers Football Club there have been many players I've considered 'legends', from the great 1960's teams right through to the 1990's and early part of the new millennium. The names are too numerous to list here and you'll all have your own favourites - but among them are two legends who went on to manage the team. John Greig and Ally McCoist - both on-field legends in the truest sense of the word. McCoist our greatest ever goal scorer and Greig voted our greatest ever player......yet they both have one thing in common.

It hasn't worked out for them in the world of football management.

Greig left the playing side and immediately went into management at Ibrox - no sending him off somewhere to learn his trade or to see if he had what it took - nope, just straight into the gig and, sadly, he floundered and was sacked....he never took up another managerial position in football which may or may not tell its own story.

McCoist is Greig Mk2. No previous club to learn his trade or to see if he was suited to the job. His stint under Smith consisted of him "picking the team" in cup games and although he didn't set the heather on fire he was shoehorned into the job thanks to his grey-haired pal from Carmyle.

A blind man can see McCoist is out of his depth - his comfort zone is in front of a TV camera in a studio somewhere being the cheeky-chappy in a sports-related quiz........anywhere but a football dressing room or on a training ground.

He needs to be replaced the day following our title clinching win, which, unless he fucks it up so badly we miss the chance, should be this midweek after we play Airdrie at Ibrox.

He should pack his bags on Thursday morning and leave the building....his legend status still intact.

He deserves at least that - meanwhile we need to plan ahead for next season and get in place someone who can manage, can coach, can motivate and can take us forward.

Who that might be is up for conjecture and we've all got our own opinions on that....all I know is (my opinion) it's not Ally McCost, M.B.E.

The other comparison between JG and Alistaiar is that neither were origanaly Rangers fans. (tu)

If he came out and said the result was embarrassing it would only motivate Albion further.

They haven't lost a goal in the SC before the game, knocking out Motherwell so were never going to go down without a fight.

Still no excuse for a draw though. We did enough to win the game but the chances didn't go in. Similar situation with Man city against Wigan.

Fortunately were still in with a shout of the semi finals and a shot at UTD.

Still believe we can reach the final.