Carry On Ally

TAFKA

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Folk saying we can still win the treble... have you lost your brains?

Rangers have no chance of winning a treble. With Ally leading us we'll get pumped off of Dundee United in the Semi's, if we even get past Albion in the replay, and if by some miracle we managed to beat Dundee United, Aberdeen would pump us.

Fuck the Ramsdens cup might not even happen. Raith could shaft us too.

154ag4x.jpg

Just because they held out for so long doesnt make them the better team

So you're saying that we were the better team? Come on, we were appallingly bad, Albion came and played to their strengths, we didn't we played right into their hands because our players tthought, we have this in the bag.

Up until the last couple of weeks I would have backed ally to change our style of play and get the best out of the guys he signed but ive now realised that ally isn't good enough to take us forward in the next couple of years,still a legend in my eyes but like the great john grieg will never be a managerial legend.

"Albion Rovers were by far and away the better side and deserved to be in the semi-final"....thats just utter nonsense.????

Which part? The part that Albion Rovers were better than us? The part that we were fucking awful? Or the part that you can't bear to think that a part time side deserved it far more than we did.

I think if it wasn't for Ally, we the fans would be in a much darker place with even less knowledge of whats been going on.

Facts are facts, we are in a cup final, we are unbeaten top of the league going for a second title in a row and in the draw for the

semi final of the scottish cup.

Why would we want to sack the guy?

You are serious?

When was the last time u watched a game???

This,let me just say that dundee utd under mcnamara are playing some good attacking football ,they are a young team and are seemingly progressing......are we? we seem to be regressing with players who have played at the top league and our good kids are not getting a chance....The match day experience has become a bore....thats all, But i'll still be there to see my team on wednesday.

They were not the better side :lol:

If you mean Albion Rovers were not the better side yesterday, then you are oh so wrong, Albion Rovers came to Ibrox with a game-plan, scored an early goal, sat back and then picked off everything we threw at them for 81 minutes, they had players hitting the deck with cramp every other five minutes, but still Rangers couldn't capitalize because the defending of Albion Rovers made us look like utter shite. Neil Parry, their goalkeeper, grabbed onto ever shot Rangers had, even though most of the shots we hit were pathetic. We should of lost yesterday, and Albion Rovers were robbed.

Not a title for a new comedy (although I could see Jim Dale as McCoist, Sid James as Durrant and the wee bald guy from Benny Hill as McDowall with cameos from Rik Mayall as Craig Whyte and Gary & Martin Kemp as the Easdales with Harry Enfield as Charles Green :) ) but rather an appeal to see if there is anyone left still backing him.

Numerous "enough is enough" threads but hard to find anyone still behind him.

So, simple question : is there ANYONE still convinced he should keep his post?

There are many still backing him

To be honest, I've always defended the team and Ally to the extent that I think it's very difficult to break down an ultra defensive team line up that are trying their hardest. Hell, if the tims can beat Barca doing it then anything can happen.

But yesterday was pathetic. Instead of fast passing around them we were doing our usual tippy-tappy nonsense giving them time to get back in defensive formations.

There wasn't a single player who played well yesterday. In fact the only person who didn't play badly was Cammy Bell and that was coz he hardly had anything to do all day.

I do think we'll turn them over in the next game though. I don't think Albion be able to play with that effort again.

If we keep Ally and this coaching team we will suffer badly once we hit the SPFL and maybe even next season too, we don't have a great squad compared to the Rangers teams we all remember but we have a much better squad than it looks during any given match over the last few months. I've wavered at times over Ally wanting him replaced last summer at one point then changed my mind and said give him this season.

Well this seasons nearly over and while results have in the main looked good on paper the performances and the sheer amazement factor at seeing our team struggle week in week out relying alot on late goals or the opposition fucking it up has worn me down and i don't even go to games so how the ST loyal and the guys who spend hard earned cash on this must feel i cant imagine.

Firstly, I think McCoist doesn't have it. However, and to bring some balance to this debate, this was cup football at its best.

Diddly team grab a goal and then hang on for dear life and almost pulled it off. Anyone remember Sunderland v Leeds 73 FA cup final?

Also, we are still holding the same expectations whether it was Advocaat's team or one of Walter's. It's Rangers so we should have just turned up and pasted them yesterday. Just like Man city should have pasted Wigan and possibly the form team in Scotland right now Aberdeen scraping past Dumbarton.

One thing I can say for Ally yesterday was that he had the cahonas to take Daly off and stick Moshni up front. Let's face it, it paid off.

Our manager is not up to it but it also highlights how poor this group of players are.

Yes a root and branch approach maybe needed but so is a whole lot investment. This is nowhere near a proper Rangers team. Look at the names in it. Apart from Wallace and McLeod I wouldn't think anyone of these players would have been remotely considered for a Rangers jersey. We need not just a new manager but a lot of investment or else there are many lean years ahead and ST sales will go steadily down and down complicating the situation.