New investment claim I hope is true

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.

Spending that kind of money on top of what is already here to win a division like that is just going to see us go down the same sad path to ruin IMO.

Have we learned nothing?

It doesn't look like it, which is worrying.

After all, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it and all that

Boom and Bust...and so the never ending cycle continues. And as it continues so the fans expect it all the time.

We never learn

We need investment to win that top league and major at that... The club wouldn't have went bust if cw paid NI and PAYE.

Despite losing a £20m investment made during Sir David Murray’s tenure,

That will be the 20 million that he received 11 million back on and is currently locked in legal action regarding the rest. As for the thought of Ally having a 5 million war chest for simply competing in what is still a lower league gives cause for shivers.

Sorry, but King has had his chance on numerous occasions......

That will be the 20 million that he received 11 million back on and is currently locked in legal action regarding the rest. As for the thought of Ally having a 5 million war chest for simply competing in what is still a lower league gives cause for shivers.

Sorry, but King has had his chance on numerous occasions......

Anybody who is willing to invest large sums should be made welcome.

Lets not start all this one faction v another all over again.

Give him a chance and see what happens

While i agree we dont NEED 5m to win the championship, I think it could be a good thing. Get a couple of bigger signings in right away, give them a full season to bed in to the team.

Very much so, people say shit like "you don't need this type of player or that type of player to win this league" I think people fail to see the fact that we have to build a team instead of leaving it to the last minute when we're in the Premiership and bringing in a lot of new players, it just doesn't work that way. Bring in a few for next season and then bring in another couple for the premiership.

Very much so, people say shit like "you don't need this type of player or that type of player to win this league" I think people fail to see the fact that we have to build a team instead of leaving it to the last minute when we're in the Premiership and bringing in a lot of new players, it just doesn't work that way. Bring in a few for next season and then bring in another couple for the premiership.

I dont think people dont realise that part of it. What we do realise though is that we dont have the money to invest in our playing squad and that we have wasted money over the last 2 seasons that could have been used more wisely to help the building process. (tu)

While i agree we dont NEED 5m to win the championship, I think it could be a good thing. Get a couple of bigger signings in right away, give them a full season to bed in to the team.

Fucking hell. Spunking away money in the 1st division on big players, we have learned absolutely fuck all from administration. Completely baffling, lets just spunk millions of pounds and be back in admin in 5 years time, what a fucking brilliant strategy. I despair at this mentality, we cannot go on like this. We have to build for the future instead of indebting ourselves from the outset.

Ah well, if he pumps 30 mil in should keep the club running for about 18 months. What the fuck happened to the 20 mil from last year. Have we had an answer yet.

It's all in the books which have been audited and signed off on and accounted for

I dont think people dont realise that part of it. What we do realise though is that we dont have the money to invest in our playing squad and that we have wasted money over the last 2 seasons that could have been used more wisely to help the building process. (tu)

I'm speaking from the point IF King, is willing to invest 30M into us. It was more in reply to the. 'GodFather' anyway, but I honestly wouldn't bother my arse lowering my standards.

Let's all hope it's not more bullshit, and he does put his money where his mouth is, and doesn't leave us all disappointed and angry again. I'm willing to listen to his plan,and give him the chance to do what he proposes, but do get frustrated when he hits the headlines before Wallace's task has been completed.

With all the previous shit, I am optimistic, but very wary.

:7325:

I'd take any investment. Boost for the next few years to get us competitive then aim in the medium term to live within what will hopefully be greater means.

Starting with a little next season to begin the process.

Some hope anyway, in amongst the confusion.

We need to invest over the next 2 summers to have a chance of winning the top league at the first attempt.

If we spend 10/15 million when we gain promotion the chances of our squad been able to win that league would be slim if not impossible.

I would say 3 quality signings this summer. 3 next and we could easily win that league..

Why does the league need to be won at the first attempt, or even attempted to be won ?

Stability is the key here if we're getting 50 million.

It would be more ideal waiting until we're back in the top league, investing the cash on the players, allowing them to grow and blend together for the first season and then going right for it in the second season back rather than heedlessly chasing it right away.

I honestly doubt that King will put £30 million in cash into the club ,,, it would be excellent if he did but I just can't see it. In his statement a few weeks back he said he was willing to only 'front load' an investment drive to get things up and running,,, leaving the majority of funding to investors and fans. The £5 million he mentions will be entirely for shares in a new issue and I think he'll be looking to get them for 20p or so a share in the hope that, when the club reaches the top league, those shares will be valued at least at £1 (and I don't see any reason for them not to be) and his investment in the club will then be valued at nigh on £25 million which, if sold for that value, would get his whole investment back ,,, including the £20 million he previously lost. His wee saying 'Fool me once, shame on you ,, fool me twice, shame on me' also goes along way towards saying he's not going to put a great deal into the club and stands out for me.

i agree that we would need significant investment to compete with celtic but i disagree that the squad we have isnt good enough to win the championship . thats just ridiculous. on the other had i wouldn't trust ally with a fiver never mind £5 million.

also i thought dave king was keeping quiet and allowing the board time to sort things out ?