New investment claim I hope is true

The British Broadcasting Cunts are a bit light on the story:

"Former Rangers director Dave King has pledged to invest heavily to return the club to a position of strength.

King put £20m into Rangers while Sir David Murray was chairman and, despite losing it all, says he is prepared to invest a similar amount again.

Earlier this month, King set the board a four-week deadline to reveal how they intend to revitalise the club.

The South-African based businessman has held talks with the board, shareholders and fans' groups."

Wonder why :lol:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell. Spunking away money in the 1st division on big players, we have learned absolutely fuck all from administration. Completely baffling, lets just spunk millions of pounds and be back in admin in 5 years time, what a fucking brilliant strategy. I despair at this mentality, we cannot go on like this. We have to build for the future instead of indebting ourselves from the outset.

One or two good signings wouldn't break the bank if we done it right. I aint saying go out and spunk massive money on transfer fees etc. But if we can pick up a couple of players that will make the step up when requiered and will fit in to the team going forward, i don't see the issue.

We are going to need better players at some point, why not a year early, why not get them bedded into the team. would you rather just wait and spend the money next year and hope they are ready for the SPL?

Ah well, if he pumps 30 mil in should keep the club running for about 18 months. What the fuck happened to the 20 mil from last year. Have we had an answer yet.

numerous times.

question still gets asked daily though, strange that.

One or two good signings wouldn't break the bank if we done it right. I aint saying go out and spunk massive money on transfer fees etc. But if we can pick up a couple of players that will make the step up when requiered and will fit in to the team going forward, i don't see the issue.

We are going to need better players at some point, why not a year early, why not get them bedded into the team. would you rather just wait and spend the money next year and hope they are ready for the SPL?

I think as we've just seen in technicolour if we have a limited pool of quality players we could end up very short if we get injuries. We are more likely to get injuries due to our players being higher quality as we will be vulnerable to rash challenges and teams whom have been set up to kick the shit out of us because they see it as the best way to beat us.

Exactly.

Spending that kind of money on top of what is already here to win a division like that is just going to see us go down the same sad path to ruin IMO.

Have we learned nothing?

although, I heard that IF we win the cup next season, we play European football the 1st year back in the SPFL...if true, it may make more sense that he is gambling on investing early and building a squad capable of winning the cup...

Well in that case, I hold my hands up I was wrong. Can anyone point me to a source where I can read up on it. Cheers in advance.

I dont have the link to the accounts but, i am assuming you mean the share issue money yes?

we bought edmiston house, and the albion car park which was 2.4m

We fixed the roof, and other various refurbishments

We paid players

We paid staff

We paid to keep Ibrox and Auchenowie running

We spent about 500k on an internal investigation into links between CG and CW ( those "links" happened roughly the same time as the share price started to crash, off topic but worth mentioning)

Green walked away with 900k

Stockbridge with 400k

Mather with 300k

We paid off bocanegra and Goian (IIRC)

This is all off the top of my head and is well in excess of the 22m share issue money ( which i dont we even seen 20 of after tax and other costs)

It's all well documented and repeated on here regularly :lol:

Hope this helps.

edit; found this link

http://www.rangers.c...-annual-results

That should be able to give you a clearer picture.

Edit 2: We also put wifi into the stadium, which I think was pretty expensive.

I dont have the link to the accounts but, i am assuming you mean the share issue money yes?

we bought edmiston house, and the albion car park which was 2.4m

We fixed the roof, and other various refurbishments

We paid players

We paid staff

We paid to keep Ibrox and Auchenowie running

We spent about 500k on an internal investigation into links between CG and CW ( those "links" happened roughly the same time as the share price started to crash, off topic but worth mentioning)

Green walked away with 900k

Stockbridge with 400k

Mather with 300k

We paid off bocanegra and Goian (IIRC)

This is all off the top of my head and is well in excess of the 22m share issue money ( which i dont we even seen 20 of after tax and other costs)

It's all well documented and repeated on here regularly :lol:

Hope this helps.

edit; found this link

http://www.rangers.c...-annual-results

That should be able to give you a clearer picture.

Edit 2: We also put wifi into the stadium, which I think was pretty expensive.

Fantastic, I won't need to ask again. Cheers for taking the time to write all that out .

Fantastic, I won't need to ask again. Cheers for taking the time to write all that out .

No bother mate.

I have bookmarked my own post for the next time someone asks :D

I think I have typed out a similar post about 100 times :lol:

Bitter sweet for me

Sounds good on the face of it but under what conditions?

Also fuck giving McCoist 30 million either it should be given to a better manager - ok he is ambitious and will go for top players but they will regress as usual IMO and turn bad over night and we will be rebuilding every year thereafter

Glass half empty as usual .

Is King willing to invest £5 million into Rangers as part of a new share issue? ie. He is buying £5m worth of shares.

Is King willing to invest £5m without a new share issue? ie. He is buying a place on the board (chairman?)

Is King willing to invest £5m after a new share issue, in which he has purchaser a 'sizable' amount of share? ie. Enough to get him onto the Ibrox board.

If only I had his money, I know what I'd be willing to do!!!

So King goes to the rags again? Why not just give Wallace a few more weeks and lets see what his plans are. Investment will be needed yes, but we need to build from the ground up and throwing millions at ally to spend is not the priority IMO.

It seems as if things are moving behind the scenes re scouts, youth players etc so I'm confident that Wallace will have a strong business plan. No need for kings rabble rousing at this time.

No bother mate.

I have bookmarked my own post for the next time someone asks :D

I think I have typed out a similar post about 100 times :lol:

On the subject of stadium refurbishment Gogzy the club have only carried out essential maintenance. The roofs on the Copland and Broomloan are in a sorry state and need significant repair sooner rather than later. It's one of those hidden costs that most fans don't appreciate. Maintaining a stadium is a very costly business and Ibrox needs a lot done to it. You can take that as fact.

I.really dont trust King at all i wish we would move on without him having said that if.he is finally going to.step up.to the plate and shut up and put some money in then i will be happy enough.

His self-imposed.media.ban until.the 120 day review went well though

I like Dave kings strategy and think he is in the right ball park about investment levels, and investing first and then break even.

But don't really like the way he goes about his business - divisive and adversarial - by it worked for him

Ally needs to sell before buying keeping the wage bill tight then if any extra budget use it wisely hopefully on younger fitter players.

Also DK please stop running to the media if you have anything to say as they twist everything to do with our club with glee.