New investment claim I hope is true

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's absolutely staggering to me that after everything that has happened over the past three/fours years there still seems to be be people who think throwing money at a problem is the best way to resolve it.

It seems to be a case that some of our fans have learned nothing.

That's what worries me also.

We had the chance and we didn't take it.

So we either continue down the route of boom and bust or do what we should have done two years ago.

And it won't be the latter thanks to the board publicly saying they want to challenge the filth as soon as we get back tot he SPFL.

IF..and it's a big IF we raise the kind of ridiculous sums King is talking about then i sincerely hope a large chunk of that is kept safe to see us through the next 5 to 10 years until we really are able to challenge for the European money again.

It's absolutely staggering to me that after everything that has happened over the past three/fours years there still seems to be be people who think throwing money at a problem is the best way to resolve it.

It seems to be a case that some of our fans have learned nothing.

It would be wrong to think because it didn't work before it can't work again. Learning can also mean realising what you did wrong the last time and then do the same thing but with the necessary changes to prevent the same outcome. Specifically, the catapult of a large investment, taking us back to being competitive, underpinned by a business plan that ensures living within our means thereafter.

Rangers fans are not the most patient of creatures. I don't think 3, 4, 5 seasons of obscurity would be healthy. It might turn into a downward spiral. For me, that is not worth risking.

Is a large cash injection definitely a bad thing? And is it something we don't need? Also, are heavy investment and long term stability mutually exclusive approaches? Genuine questions folks.

I don't think they are.

While i agree we dont NEED 5m to win the championship, I think it could be a good thing. Get a couple of bigger signings in right away, give them a full season to bed in to the team.

That is exactly the point King already stated we need to hit the top league running and not with a full new team

Great post Gogzy

We do not need £5m to win the championship but we need at least 5 players of a much better quality to win the top division as we stand imo.

Other than bell, wallace, templeton, law, mcleod, clark and possibly gallagher, we need new players of a decent quality and a few of our youngsters to step up such as aird, stoney etc.

A mix of experience and youth would be ideal but it will cost money.

I believe ally deserves another go at the top flight but maybe with a fresh coaching team and definitly a scouting department.

We need major investment to get back to the top of Scottish football and compete in Europe.

Hopefully Dave King is willing to invest and return in some capacity.

But let's hear the Board's plans for investment, perhaps there could even be a compromise and work together to take the

club back to where we belong.

We deserve it

The point King is making is valid.We cannot allow septic a free run at Champions League money for much longer or they really will disappear over the horizon.Investment is needed in the next transfer window for at least 3 quality signings,CB,RB,CM.and of course the return of Boyd.(was against Boyd`s return,till I heard him at the weekend affirming his love of the club)We will then win next year`s league title and re assess our needs prior to a top flight return.But is Ally to be trusted with those decisions?

Because there is still a large percentage of people who don't use the internet and take what they read in Newspapers at face value.

Before I started coming on here I had no idea about the negative reputation of certain journalists and/newspapers. It was naive, but I tended to take what was printed at face value.

Kinda the same for me although i distrusted tabloids i didn't see how biased against us some were. RM has opened my eyes (in more ways than one! :pipe: )

Would rather be 2nd fiddle than admin 2.

That outlook depresses me, are you so battle weary that you would accept being 2nd to them indefinitely than to take a gamble at putting one over the tramps?

Sorry not for me, or DK thankfully. If he wanted it frittered away over a period of years then he would have `invested` it already.

If King doesn't invest who will?

the shareholders that invested the first time.

King is not the only option we have, even though some would have you believe that.

I guess we shall just have to wait and see what happens at the next share issue.