1st January 2007...

BFerguson6

What are your memories of that day as the news of PLG stripping Barry of the captaincy broke?

I remember the articles about how PLG had Murrays backing and Gavin Rae would be our captain as he was " a good trainer and understood the game" I genuinely thought Barry would be off to zenit or premiership

Who did you back? Did you support the protest for Barry at firpark?

Obviously different situation but got me thinking who would the board/ fans back if McCoist and Jig fell out in a similar fashion

What are your memories of that day as the news of PLG stripping Barry of the captaincy broke?

I remember the articles about how PLG had Murrays backing and Gavin Rae would be our captain as he was " a good trainer and understood the game" I genuinely thought Barry would be off to zenit or premiership

Obviously different situation but got me thinking who would the board/ fans back if McCoist and Jig fell out in a similar fashion

Ferguson should have been sacked, or at least sold off.

In hindsight Ferguson should have went.

If i am honest though, i backed Ferguson over PLG, results were terrible that season.

I do remember PLG's first game against Motherwell though, best we have played since Advocatt if you ask me!

Was very much on the side of Barry when the story broke.

In hindsight Barry was very much in the wrong but the dismissal of Le Guen benefited our football club.

We brought in Walter got to a European Final the next season, won eight trophies in the next four seasons and made ourselves the dominant team domestically.

Barry was wrong but it was a very good thing that Le Guen went in my opinion (tu)

PLG tried to modernise the club, but he also showed incredible arrogance and that played a huge part in eventually costing him his job too.

Scottish Football is so far behind the times that there were plenty of managers who could have done what PLG did in terms of trying to modernising the club, but not turned us into complete garbage on the park at the same time.

I backed Barry and still do. PLG was an arrogant twat. His initial success has been followed up with abject failure truth be told. He should have been over here learning everything as soon as he was confirmed as boss, but he felt he was too big for that.

At the time as well, there was loads of things going on in training and at MP that werent right, all led by him, Yves and 1 other player whom i cant remember(wasnt Clement tho) (tu)

Barry's a wee selfish Cnut

I never met PLG so I can't comment on whether he was arrogant or not.

I was always willing to give him a couple of years to get it right.

It certainly wouldn't have ended up any worse than what we have endured over the last three years.

It would have meant no UEFA final, Would I sacrifice Manchester to remove the last three years, I sure would.

In hindsight Ferguson should have went.

If i am honest though, i backed Ferguson over PLG, results were terrible that season.

I do remember PLG's first game against Motherwell though, best we have played since Advocatt if you ask me!

Got to agree with this. Also wonder what would have happened if results would have went a bit better. Would we have spent the same £30-£40m that Walter spent when he came in, would Manchester have happened and would admin have came about.

PLG's main problem was he didn't want what we had and still have, Players then like now need a serious attitude adjustment and the next man to take the helm(hopefully very soon) will need to be one who can do this, I hope the next manager is foreign IMHO German and has the full support of the board.