Boyd re-signed?

Is there any redemption in football, I'm sure the people who don't want Boyd back are the same people who didn't want him here the first time and were glad to see him go.

That'll be the same people who watched him become spl all time top scorer , not bad for a fat lad

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with Boyd as a player.

He should not be the type of player we're trying to sign. We need to look younger, more raw and look to refine them and either sell them on or move them on. Either way, paying inflated wages for someone at his age is just fiscal stupidity.

Nothing wrong with Boyd as a player.

He should not be the type of player we're trying to sign. We need to look younger, more raw and look to refine them and either sell them on or move them on. Either way, paying inflated wages for someone at his age is just fiscal stupidity.

If it's true that it doubles to the 14k odd in the Premeiership then we have learned fuck all.

a 14k odd p/w 30 year old Boyd....:(

From one mess into another

If it's true that it doubles to the 14k odd in the Premeiership then we have learned fuck all.

a 14k odd p/w 30 year old Boyd....:(

Apparently it is 7k then a 50% increase once in SPL, meaning 10.5k

It is a lot but you have to remember there is no transfer fee

So It would cost us approx 500k for Boyd a season in SPL , considering he will pretty much guarantee 25/30+ goals a season its not bad at all

Apparently it is 7k then a 50% increase once in SPL, meaning 10.5k

It is a lot but you have to remember there is no transfer fee

So It would cost us approx 500k for Boyd a season in SPL , considering he will pretty much guarantee 25/30+ goals a season its not bad at all

they have basically picked sandazas contract details ( that he revealed to tommy the taxi driver) and went with that :lol:

It's probably pretty close to accurate IMO.

Can't really decide what to think IF this is true.

One part of me thinks its absurd, we will never learn!

But another part of me thinks he is more than capable and if he's going bang goals in then i'm all for it.

And most importantly IMO, he knows what its like to play for Glasgow Rangers, and he will be aware of the standards this club expects.

Its a real tough one to decide, but if he does sign I hope he does a f*cking good job.

It pretty ironic how every other mature (say 28+) player we have at the club is on or around 7k and not much has been said. Once Boyd who is the all time top goal scorer in the SPL, who is in the best form of his career and is in the running for SPFL player of the year is linked with the club then there's an uproar by certain members.

a 14k odd p/w 30 year old Boyd.... :(

Dont believe everything you read on here!

I could start a thread saying Kenny Miller is coming back next season for 6k and doubling to 12k the following season and we'd have 7 pages in two days....all of which would be due to some made up bullshit by myself....See how the forum works now? ;)

i dont think 10 grand p/w for our absolute top players in the top league is too much.

Wouldn't want to pay more than that though, and certainly not for them all.

We wont attract the players we need to take the title and secure champs league playoffs with a cap much lower than that.

Has anyone watched us play past two years? Boyd won't have any service .... it's been proven in the years gone past when he was here first time, upfront himself or little service then Boyd's like playing with two men down.

Honestly guys I'm no meaning to be cheeky but some right short memories and no grasp on the way we play under McCoist

Has anyone watched us play past two years? Boyd won't have any service .... it's been proven in the years gone past when he was here first time, upfront himself or little service then Boyd's like playing with two men down.

Honestly guys I'm no meaning to be cheeky but some right short memories and no grasp on the way we play under McCoist

I agree mate.

No way should we be signing anyone under McCoist.

No1 priority should be to replace the entire management team.

Then see what additions releases the new guy wanted to make and how much we could spend.

If McCoist holds out for his big payday, it may well mean the difference between Huge success and scraping by.