Boyd re-signed?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think 10 grand p/w for our absolute top players in the top league is too much.

Wouldn't want to pay more than that though, and certainly not for them all.

We wont attract the players we need to take the title and secure champs league playoffs with a cap much lower than that.

I don't think 10k a week in the top league is too much either but I wouldn't give Boyd 10k rupees a week never mind pounds.

A dont really see why folk are moaning about signing an championship POTY nominee with 20+ goals for free

Another ex player.....getting on a bit now he needs service up front that we can't give him. He won't be the same player we saw years ago especially under McCoist.

Has anyone watched us play past two years? Boyd won't have any service .... it's been proven in the years gone past when he was here first time, upfront himself or little service then Boyd's like playing with two men down.

Honestly guys I'm no meaning to be cheeky but some right short memories and no grasp on the way we play under McCoist

I'm open to the idea of Boyd coming back, I think having somebody who can score goals as left as he does would be very useful in the top flight, but I raised this point the other day too.

Swapping Daly for Boyd won't make an ounce of difference if we are still going to be pumping long aimless balls towards whoever it is up there for the majority of games every week.

Considering Daly, a so called target man with loads of experience in that role, is struggling to do it then I can't even imagine how poorly Boyd would do playing a similar role.

I'm open to the idea of Boyd coming back, I think having somebody who can score goals as left as he does would be very useful in the top flight, but I raised this point the other day too.

Swapping Daly for Boyd won't make an ounce of difference if we are still going to be pumping long aimless balls towards whoever it is up there for the majority of games every week.

Considering Daly, a so called target man with loads of experience in that role, is struggling to do it then I can't even imagine how poorly Boyd would do playing a similar role.

quite so

Boyd would need someone up along side him and the penultimate ball would need to come from wide or on the deck through the inside

Mind you I don't think we use the long ball as much as people say we do,

Can't say much about Daly before he came to Gers caus i never noticed him apart from the odd game but he goes from 6 foot 2 to 2 foot 6 when he puts a Rangers jersey on so please dont mention him in the same breath as Boyd .Boyd has never played in a great team including Rangers but he still guarantees goals.

Can't say much about Daly before he came to Gers caus i never noticed him apart from the odd game but he goes from 6 foot 2 to 2 foot 6 when he puts a Rangers jersey on so please dont mention him in the same breath as Boyd .Boyd has never played in a great team including Rangers but he still guarantees goals.

We're not a great team??

Its a lot of money every week, ( if true ) but I think he will score a lot of goals, and he is a player who can handle playing for Rangers.as proven in the past.Rangers have created lots of chances this year,but failed to convert most, boyd will do what he does best.score for fun...

He's rarely had a strike partner playing for Killie and he's done pretty good.

Noticed that, although at other times I've seen him play Right Forward, I think in Killie's game against Celtic, he sort of free roamed between Centre Forward, and Right Forward, nearly scored against them in that game.

Other times he's been upfront on his own and still been able to bang in goals. I fear that's why McCoist wants him; because he's able to play upfront on his own.