Charlie Telfer to Dundee United?

Telfer had not been offered a new deal, and yes, Rangers forgot his contract was up.

When it was brought to Ally's attention he gave Charlie 20 mins to prove he was worthy of a new deal.

That deal was only offered after Charlie has been offered a deal by DU - this way Rangers would get at least some cash.

Telfer had not been offered a new deal, and yes, Rangers forgot his contract was up.

When it was brought to Ally's attention he gave Charlie 20 mins to prove he was worthy of a new deal.

That deal was only offered after Charlie has been offered a deal by DU - this way Rangers would get at least some cash.

Source?

This is pretty much how I understand it apart from the middle sentence.

Don't worry Sinky will bring in someone who can kick it harder, higher and further than Charlie.

:lol: if he was good enough he would have played, if he wants to leave he's not committed enough so good luck to him.

Agreed but what makes you think Ally has the ability as a football manager to judge whether he is good enough? Plenty of deadwood and dross he plays week in week out would tell me he doesn't have a clue.

This is pretty much how I understand it apart from the middle sentence.

Don't worry Sinky will bring in someone who can kick it harder, higher and further than Charlie.

So your both sure it's a done deal and he's moving on?

Unless there is a last minute change of heart.

Considering Rangers incompetence in the whole saga I think that is unlikely.

But Ally can do no wrong...ever. He is a demi god ffs.

Telfer was singled out as a special talent by Mark Wotte but we can't see it.

The sooner Sinclair is booted out of Auchenhowie and takes McCoist with him the better.

You jammy bastard! Haha thanks for picking up on that!

Where do you sit bud with all this uof guff?

While the UoF stuff is a good idea in principle, it is not a good idea in reality and while they are trying to use underhand taigish tactics to bring the current board to it's knees, while at the same time putting Rangers FC at risk, then I won't have a bar of them, nor Dave King, who it is alleged won't invest any of his own money at this point in time.

I'm not confident the current board are the answer to our problems, but they are the guys who have dipped their hand into their pockets and invested money, so until somebody else puts their money where their mouth is I'll back the board in general and let them get on with producing a decent operating model for our club. Graham Wallace in particular has a lot to prove, so let's see if he can earn his money.

Gutting if he goes. It will bite us on the arse in the future when they sell him on in a few years and make money.

Or he could go on to a career of lower league obscurity in England like so many before him.

Peter Leven

Gary McKenzie

Rhys McCabe

Dylan McGeouch

Jamie Ness

Tom Brighton

Steven Lennon

Dean Furman

Danny Wilson

Peter MacDonald

Andrew Shinnie

Chris Burke

To name but a few.

Or he could go on to a career of lower league obscurity in England like so many before him.

Peter Leven

Gary McKenzie

Rhys McCabe

Dylan McGeouch

Jamie Ness

Tom Brighton

Steven Lennon

Dean Furman

Danny Wilson

Peter MacDonald

Andrew Shinnie

Chris Burke

To name but a few.

You're using this to illustrate the point that maybe things aren't so bright after Rangers but have you considered why they were all happy to leave in the first place? I get the impression that Rangers isn't a great place to learn your trade and develop.

That should concern us as well, no?

Peter Leven

Gary McKenzie

Rhys McCabe

Dylan McGeouch

Jamie Ness

Tom Brighton

Steven Lennon

Dean Furman

Danny Wilson

Peter MacDonald

Andrew Shinnie

Chris Burke

To name but a few.

There's a massive difference here in relation to where we are and the opportunities that should be there for youngsters plus looking at your list many of them are having successful careers, playing regularly and probably earning a really good living and for their services we got next to fuck all for all of the due to situations like this!

You're using this to illustrate the point that maybe things aren't so bright after Rangers but have you considered why they were all happy to leave in the first place? I get the impression that Rangers isn't a great place to learn your trade and develop.

That should concern us as well, no?

An ill conceived notion that they are better than they actually are?

Financial greed?

Agents trying to get themselves a nice wee payday?

I agree that it's maybe not the best environment for development but surely as a fan of the club you keep going until you are told to leave. Not jump at the first opportunity to leave.

There's a massive difference here in relation to where we are and the opportunities that should be there for youngsters plus looking at your list many of them are having successful careers, playing regularly and probably earning a really good living and for their services we got next to fuck all for all of the due to situations like this!

Many are playing regularly but it's who they are playing for. Carlisle, Birmingham, MK Dons, Hearts, Stoke reserves. Definitely worth leaving Ibrox for.

An ill conceived notion that they are better than they actually are?

Financial greed?

Agents trying to get themselves a nice wee payday?

I agree that it's maybe not the best environment for development but surely as a fan of the club you keep going until you are told to leave. Not jump at the first opportunity to leave.

Incompetent coaching?

Overpaid diddies keeping you out the team?

A board that's sucking money out the club?

You're right there are literally any amount of reasons that a player could decide that he doesn't want to be at Rangers any more.

Way, way too easy to say from a keyboard at a call centre (or wherever). I'd argue that even the most ardent badge-thumping GSTQWATP types are allowed to take a step back and think "maybe this isn't the best thing for my career". I don't judge them for it.*

*Unless they call an ill-advised press conference to shit on fans.

Incompetent coaching?

Overpaid diddies keeping you out the team?

A board that's sucking money out the club?

You're right there are literally any amount of reasons that a player could decide that he doesn't want to be at Rangers any more.

Way, way too easy to say from a keyboard at a call centre (or wherever). I'd argue that even the most ardent badge-thumping GSTQWATP types are allowed to take a step back and think "maybe this isn't the best thing for my career". I don't judge them for it.*

*Unless they call an ill-advised press conference to shit on fans.

:lol:

I have more respect for players at 18 or 19 who think of their career rather than showing admirable loyalty to the club but more likely ruining their careers as a result.

Said it before but at his age he should already be in and around the 1st team getting games here and there to see if he can handle the pressure and step up in quality.

Or using the loan facility properly and had him out somewhere playing week in week out ready to make his case for the 1st team next season.

We all know that next season Black and Law will start unless they leave or are injured.

Crawford, McAusland, Gallagher, Telfer, Gasparotto and McLeod should have been the nucleus of our team augmented by seasoned pros from the league above.

History now but i don't expect to see any of these lads figuring next season if indeed at all. Too big a risk now the closer we get to the promised land of the SPFL

Many are playing regularly but it's who they are playing for. Carlisle, Birmingham, MK Dons, Hearts, Stoke reserves. Definitely worth leaving Ibrox for.

If they wernt going to get a chance at Ibrox then definitely! Why just hang about playing reserve football? In the top flight the pressure of competing with the Tims makes it harder to bleed youngsters, which I think we all accept, but the anger most have comes from the reluctance to give youngsters a chance in part time leagues....

If your charlie telfer you must be thinking, if I didn't get a chance this year when will I? He could hang around and regress like McMillan did or go and develop by playing first team football!

Peter Leven

Gary McKenzie

Rhys McCabe

Dylan McGeouch

Jamie Ness

Tom Brighton

Steven Lennon

Dean Furman

Danny Wilson

Peter MacDonald

Andrew Shinnie

Chris Burke

To name but a few.

No Charlie Adam on your list, or does he not fit your criteria to try to belittle genuine concerns?