Charlie Telfer to Dundee United?

Good on ye, mate... I have always thought so.

He has the physique and the athleticism for the modern game... the goal he scored the other week proved he has the skill and end product.

His crossing, both from dead-ball and in-full-flight needs improving... But accuracy comes with practice and experience and he is still a teenager.

He definitely has the attributes and it is in his hands (or boots) how much he is willing to put in to shave off those rough edges. Let's hope the fans don't force him to hide... although, corners aside, he usually gets great support from the majority of our fans.

BMR good post --- I'd like to see Aird played more in midfield than as a winger.

Good on ye, mate... I have always thought so.

He has the physique and the athleticism for the modern game... the goal he scored the other week proved he has the skill and end product.

His crossing, both from dead-ball and in-full-flight needs improving... But accuracy comes with practice and experience and he is still a teenager.

He definitely has the attributes and it is in his hands (or boots) how much he is willing to put in to shave off those rough edges. Let's hope the fans don't force him to hide... although, corners aside, he usually gets great support from the majority of our fans.

(tu)

I don't understand the hate Aird gets at all.

His final ball needs work but he's got decent pace, he's willing to do the defensive side too, he's a decent goal threat and I think he looks dangerous and causes problems every time he comes inside.

(tu)

I don't understand the hate Aird gets at all.

His final ball needs work but he's got decent pace, he's willing to do the defensive side too, he's a decent goal threat and I think he looks dangerous and causes problems every time he comes inside.

I can't understand how anyone thinks Aird is any good.

He doesn't read a game. Goes back when he should go forward. Constantly hits the ball too far ahead when running with it. Doesn't take on defenders often enough and run to the bye-line. Crosses are woeful. Corners usually hit the first defender. When something goes right for him it is the exception rather than the norm. We should have put Aird out on loan and played McKay more often.

The best thing a young player can do for their career is go to a team and manager who will play them.

I realise that not all of our young players will be good enough but if Mark Wotte rates him highly then he must have something.

I suspect he won't be the last though.

Why for example should young Gallagher stay IF the rumours about Boyd and Miller are true.

As for young Aird....i suspect he is getting regular game time simply because there isn't anyone else who will put in the shift required in right midfield.

hopefully Ally comes good on his word, and if good enough, gives them game time.

Thinking about it today, we have seen a few younger players come through the ranks in recent years with McCabe, Ness, McLeod, Aird, Hutton all getting regular playing time.

Fingers crossed

It would be an absolute disgrace if we lose Telfer. He has been the star of an incredibly successful u20 side and has been rewarded for this with nothing but a 20 minute cameo against Stenhousemuir. When he came on he played well and made the most spectacular through ball of the game, only for Nicky Clark to totally balls up the finish when he was clean through.

I honestly think Charlie would easily make the step up next year and take Hutton's place in the squad rotation (something that should have happened this season but that's another moan for another thread). The fact he hasn't been offered a new deal already shows the level of interest our management take in the youths coming through.

I've heard from a few folk that he is a boyhood bear, but to be honest that doesn't mean too much. To be fair how easy for a teenager is it to stay in the reserves and on the fringes of a club out of loyalty when a team in a higher division with a good recent track record of promoting young players to the first team come calling? We saw this last year when childhood Gers fan Stuart Urqhuart left for Coventry because he was only offered a one year deal after being told he was a future star by Jimmy Sinclair.

To sum up I really hope we can keep Charlie Telfer because I believe he is more likely to follow in the footsteps of Macleod and Aird as opposed to Hutton and Naismith. However I have a big fear there will be a weekly Telferwatch thread on RM next season praising his perfromances in the top flight while bemoaning the short-sightedness of our management team, a sight we have seen all too much this year and I'd rather we'd not repeat.

If true, shocking decision. I've been a regular watcher of the young Gers over the last few years and he is, without doubt, the best one. They gave him a 1 year deal last summer when Celtic came in for him, when Crawford - McKay etc got 5???????

We've also just released Michael Mossie who was played out of position in Glasgow Cup Final and prob top 3 of a very poor U16-U17 age group. He's also now on trial with Dundee Utd and Celtic.

Get Jimmy Sinclair and his puppet, Kirkwood, out of our club.

If true, shocking decision. I've been a regular watcher of the young Gers over the last few years and he is, without doubt, the best one. They gave him a 1 year deal last summer when Celtic came in for him, when Crawford - McKay etc got 5???????

We've also just released Michael Mossie who was played out of position in Glasgow Cup Final and prob top 3 of a very poor U16-U17 age group. He's also now on trial with Dundee Utd and Celtic.

Get Jimmy Sinclair and his puppet, Kirkwood, out of our club.

Says it all for me. From Boardroom to Bootroom things need changing - and fast.

hopefully Ally comes good on his word, and if good enough, gives them game time.

Thinking about it today, we have seen a few younger players come through the ranks in recent years with McCabe, Ness, McLeod, Aird, Hutton all getting regular playing time.

Fingers crossed

McCoist sticking to his word, good one mate. He's proven time and again to be a complete bullshitter and will say anything at the time to make us content without actually backing it up.

So much for going down the Porto & Ajax route, unless they've both changed their philosophy and go for players who done a job for them in the mid 2000s.

McCoist would rather sign an overweight, unfit, overpaid Kevin Kyle and an uninterested donkey in Sandaza than give anyone of or younger players a chance. He is by far the most inept manager in our history and I honestly can't think of many managers in the game just now who are worse. The day he leaves will be one of my favourite days as a Rangers fan.

Hope its not true, Dundee Utd have been good the past few years in progressing their youths and selling them for a good profit.

Whilst on the subject, Telfer should have been given a runout in the last few games, without doubt. Shocking that he never tbh.

Pretty much a done deal from what I have heard, now just compensation to be agreed.

Should be around 65k, if he went outwith Scotland it would be around 360,000 euros.

Apparently Rangers "forgot" his contract was up, we are a fecking shambles.

Pretty much a done deal from what I have heard, now just compensation to be agreed.

Should be around 65k, if he went outwith Scotland it would be around 360,000 euros.

Sickening.

The person responsible for this should be sacked. Use the money saved to offer Telfer a better deal.

Is there no chance he can be persuaded to stay? Shambolic from us.

What a disgrace surely the Managers have a meeting to say ok its nearly the end of the season who do we all think should be offered a new contract.

I blame Ally he is the Manager at the top and if he had been watching the young guns he would take a fucking interest.