Charlie Telfer to Dundee United?

On Sunday our glorious Leader was spouting the usual bull about contract renewals, about getting things sorted out with players now going out of contract. Blah, blah, fucking blah.

Wit a fucking clown shoe we have in charge.

We may have just found the silver bullet we require.

On Sunday our glorious Leader was spouting the usual bull about contract renewals, about getting things sorted out with players now going out of contract. Blah, blah, fucking blah.

Wit a fucking clown shoe we have in charge.

If we had a DoF in charge to do cobtract renewals this sort of thing could be avoided.

Out of the few youth games I have managed to attend, Gallacher and Telfer were the ones that caught my eye. The rumour seems to be Telfer is offski and the few times Gallacher has played for the first team he has been put on the right wing when he was clearly a good number 9. We are supposedly trying to get Miller / Boyd & Gordon.

I did not mind us going down into division 3 but when you look back at the last 2 seasons, what has been the point? The club haven't managed to do one single positive thing. We are not planning for anything and as McCoist has admitted he takes one game at a time.

Pretty much a done deal from what I have heard, now just compensation to be agreed.

Should be around 65k, if he went outwith Scotland it would be around 360,000 euros.

Apparently Rangers "forgot" his contract was up, we are a fecking shambles.

Please tell me this is not a reliable source!! Any way to confirm?

If we had a DoF in charge to do cobtract renewals this sort of thing could be avoided.

I do not disagree with your point except we are struggling cash wise as it is without employing even more people, but this is really the last straw for me.

I watched the youngsters on Friday, then went to Dunfermline on Saturday. The performances were night and day, even though in talking to one or two who obviously go to many of the U20s games this was not one of their best. I enjoyed one game and despaired at the other.

If we can have people employed in an industry which is built around contracts and the buying and selling of people under contract, how can we not know on a weekly basis who is and isn't about to go out of contract, especially if they are half decent? This is a total dereliction of management responsibility. Someone needs to carry the can for this.

I do not disagree with your point except we are struggling cash wise as it is without employing even more people, but this is really the last straw for me.

I watched the youngsters on Friday, then went to Dunfermline on Saturday. The performances were night and day, even though in talking to one or two who obviously go to many of the U20s games this was not one of their best. I enjoyed one game and despaired at the other.

If we can have people employed in an industry which is built around contracts and the buying and selling of people under contract, how can we not know on a weekly basis who is and isn't about to go out of contract, especially if they are half decent? This is a total dereliction of management responsibility. Someone needs to carry the can for this.

Yeah. I'm in total agreement with you on this. Someone has cocked up and should be suitably chastened. Unfortunately I don't think Ally will get the sack because he let a talented youngster go.

Yeah. I'm in total agreement with you on this. Someone has cocked up and should be suitably chastened. Unfortunately I don't think Ally will get the sack because he let a talented youngster go.

No, I don't doubt that for one moment. But somebody should be held responsible, although it wouldn't surprise me if it is all brushed under the carpet.

Getting more and more angry with the so called "Rangers men" at our club.

No, I don't doubt that for one moment. But somebody should be held responsible, although it wouldn't surprise me if it is all brushed under the carpet.

Getting more and more angry with the so called "Rangers men" at our club.

I wonder who is responsible for the overseeing of contract renewals? Are there admin staff that keep tabs on it? Seems to me that we must have a database with each player and there contract details, so it should be an easy query to bring up a list of contracts about to expire.

Would it be fair that someone lost their job due to an oversight like this? Not sure if it would, but a means to avoid it again must be implemented.

I wonder who is responsible for the overseeing of contract renewals? Are there admin staff that keep tabs on it? Seems to me that we must have a database with each player and there contract details, so it should be an easy query to bring up a list of contracts about to expire.

Would it be fair that someone lost their job due to an oversight like this? Not sure if it would, but a means to avoid it again must be implemented.

If it meant that we would not realise some commercial value on this "asset," then yes, someone should have their collars felt. This isn't a hobby.

If it meant that we would not realise some commercial value on this "asset," then yes, someone should have their collars felt. This isn't a hobby.

Depends how much the club value him. We get the development fee (rumoured to be £65k). Whoever cocked up should be given a bollocking at the very least. Sacking would be very harsh I think (may lead to another court case if the person thought they had grounds for unfair dismissal).

Pretty much a done deal from what I have heard, now just compensation to be agreed.

Should be around 65k, if he went outwith Scotland it would be around 360,000 euros.

Apparently Rangers "forgot" his contract was up, we are a fecking shambles.

Heads should roll over this if true.

Larry, Curly and Moe tripping over each other in the dug out and not one of them can take time out to scout a player or check a contract.

Laughing stock on and off the park.

Heads should roll over this if true.

Larry, Curly and Moe tripping over each other in the dug out and not one of them can take time out to scout a player or check a contract.

Laughing stock on and off the park.

This 100%.

As sad as it is that we may have "forgot" his contract was up...I really hope that is nonsense by the way.

If he leaves ultimately it is because he has decided to leave. It's not as if we could force him to stay. Still hope it's pish though.

He is 19.

At that age he should be incorporated in to the 1st team squad if he is the talent people in the game say he is.

The fact he has had one cameo role against Stenhousemuir has propbably made his mind up to try elsewhere.

Let's be honest here....If Lewis McLeod is punted to the left to accomodate Law and Black then Telfer isn't going to displace them is he?