Kenny Miller Medical Tomorrow

Don54

That was a luxury we have had over the past two seasons and not taken.

Could have been the case if we had money sadly all but one of our signings have been cheap Bosman's who very few teams wanted and we've also had to pay way over the odds for them cause of what league we played in.

You can beat Ally with a lot of sticks but not sure if it's fair to blame him for not signing the next Messi or Ronaldo while playing in sfl3.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, we can maybe spend it on an unproven player who's 19... clearly the majority of people on here would cream their pants in excitement at singing youth... then when they don't perform in the Championship and don't perform in cups it will be Ally's fault.

its when proven professionals like Black and Law cant perform in the third tier under Ally people tend to get upset

We're going to have to replace Miller, Daly, McCulloch and Foster(off the top of my head)more than likely for the top league, any money coming in will be needed to replace these short term fixes.

We can't even win the Ramsdens after two attempts, no idea why you think we can win the Scottish Cup.

We could sign a 19 year Dutch or German kid who turns out to be baws and have to replace him anyway it's a chance you take with every signing no matter how old he is.

Could have been the case if we had money sadly all but one of our signings have been cheap Bosman's who very few teams wanted and we've also had to pay way over the odds for them cause of what league we played in.

You can beat Ally with a lot of sticks but not sure if it's fair to blame him for not signing the next Messi or Ronaldo while playing in sfl3.

I'd blame him for making so many pointless signings at great expense for where we are

We're going to have to replace Miller, Daly, McCulloch and Foster(off the top of my head)more than likely for the top league, any money coming in will be needed to replace these short term fixes.

We can't even win the Ramsdens after two attempts, no idea why you think we can win the Scottish Cup.

Failed in 10 cup campaigns yet signing a striker coming up to 35 is going to make all the difference in the Scottish Cup, aye ok

One outstanding case doesn't make a rule plus it's a bit easier to be an older CB

Ah, you're correct one outstanding case. That's all it's been.

I must have just imagined McCoist winning golden boots in his 30's, Hateley having his best season at 32, Numan, Caniggia, Ronald De Boer, Gough, Wilkins, Souness and on and on and on....

Plus, 35 year old Stephen Thompson more than holding his own at St Mirren must be some sort of mirage.

I must have just imagined McCoist winning golden boots in his 30's, Hateley having his best season at 32, Numan, Caniggia, Ronald De Boer, Gough, Wilkins, Souness and on and on and on....

Plus, 35 year old Stephen Thompson more than holding his own at St Mirren must be some sort of mirage.

And apart from Weir how many of them turned out to be long term at those sort of ages? Bearing in mind injury problems can fester as players get older as well.

Miller will likely do a job next season don't get me wrong, but it's a signing with no foresight and it's unnecessary when Daly is probably as capable of scoring goals in the Championship.

Is it just McCoist that does not give youth a chance though? Lord how often have I heard the moaning cunts at Ibrox berate a young player when he makes a mistake, and there are plenty of them (mistakes and moaning cunts at Ibrox). 2 seasons ago how many were on here moaning like fuck every time we had a poor game with a more youthful side? Out of 10 very good u/19 players you are lucky if 2 make it as top pro's. We will need a team with seasoned pro's with 1-2 younger players making the break through each year. If the standard of Dundee Hibs is what you are looking for well good luck to you my sights are a LOT higher. Do I think the current coaching squad is what we need NO. Do I think we need BOTH a short and long term policy re players YES. IF Kenny MIller re-signs with us it is part of the short term policy, fine with it, but the long term policy cannot be to bring in players from outside every season.

I actually agree with this.

Miller has always looked after himself which makes his age less of an issue and even if his pace has gone I think he actually developed his game quite well during his second spell to the point where he was as good a focal point/target man as he was a workhorse/runner.

If we sign him he instantly becomes our best striker and considering we have no money, no scouting network and we aren't an attractive proposition at the moment we need to take anybody we can to improve the team.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see us try and sign younger players whenever possible, but this instant dismissal of anybody over 30 is an absolutely ridiculous mentality to have.

We could sign a 19 year Dutch or German kid who turns out to be baws and have to replace him anyway it's a chance you take with every signing no matter how old he is.

or maybe the last two seasons we could have given our own youngsters a proper chance, not just aird and macleod

have you forgotten that the only news of players leaving ibrox this summer so far have been younger players and not any of the older ones that we dont need

Winning the league next season is worth £6,000,000 minimum to the club so can understand the short term thinking. Don't think we have the luxury of signing some unknown young player in the hopes he comes good in 3 years time.

If we don't get promotion next season the club might end up in administration again that's how much is on the line here. Miller has been in the trenches before and has at least one good season at this level in him.

like it or not it's where the club is right now in terms of signing players cheap and battle ready.

Interested that you think Kenny will be a 'cheap' signing..

It's not a McCoist thing, Rangers have been terrible at bleeding youngsters for the last decade, probably a lot longer.

Sure there's the odd exception, but we're awful at it. I think the fans need to take a fair amount of stick for that though.

why? is the team not good enough at present to win the championship? or perhaps is it the gaffer that isnt good enough to win it?

If the fans on here are anything to go by, simply winning the league next season isn't good enough for some. You can't on one hand criticise McCoist for not having a good enough team to compete in cups and play good football, and then criticise him for trying to improve the squad.

And apart from Weir how many of them turned out to be long term at those sort of ages? Bearing in mind injury problems can fester as players get older as well.

Miller will likely do a job next season don't get me wrong, but it's a signing with no foresight and it's unnecessary when Daly is probably as capable of scoring goals in the Championship.

Quite a few of them actually. It's Scottish football for fuck sake, dismissing someone because of their age is utterly ridiculous - especially when he will almost certainly be a significant improvement on what we have.

I can only imagine some of the comments from the ragers on here before the Weir signing. Plus, you'd think with the amount of people who got it hopelessly wrong about Miller the last time he signed you'd think people would wait and see how he does before judging.

Is it just McCoist that does not give youth a chance though? Lord how often have I heard the moaning cunts at Ibrox berate a young player when he makes a mistake, and there are plenty of them (mistakes and moaning cunts at Ibrox). 2 seasons ago how many were on here moaning like fuck every time we had a poor game with a more youthful side? Out of 10 very good u/19 players you are lucky if 2 make it as top pro's. We will need a team with seasoned pro's with 1-2 younger players making the break through each year. If the standard of Dundee Hibs is what you are looking for well good luck to you my sights are a LOT higher. Do I think the current coaching squad is what we need NO. Do I think we need BOTH a short and long term policy re players YES. IF Kenny MIller re-signs with us it is part of the short term policy, fine with it, but the long term policy cannot be to bring in players from outside every season.

McCoist has given more youth a chance than any Rangers manager I can recall - and that's with Ness, Wylde, McCabe and others deserting us.

People need to stop judging the team on the pitch within normal parameters.

It's not a McCoist thing, Rangers have been terrible at bleeding youngsters for the last decade, probably a lot longer.

Sure there's the odd exception, but we're awful at it. I think the fans need to take a fair amount of stick for that though.

rangers never had two free seasons to do it though mate (tu)

rangers never had two free seasons to do it though mate (tu)

What if the youngsters just aren't good enough? What if the likes of Robbie Crawford and Kane Hemmings just weren't up for playing every week for a team that had to win all of their games?

Everyone always seems to think that a young player with a bit of talent can do it week in week out, but the key to bleeding youngsters into a team is to do it progressively, while they're surrounded by experienced heads to guide them.

Quite a few of them actually. It's Scottish football for fuck sake, dismissing someone because of their age is utterly ridiculous - especially when he will almost certainly be a significant improvement on what we have.

I can only imagine some of the comments from the ragers on here before the Weir signing. Plus, you'd think with the amount of people who got it hopelessly wrong about Miller the last time he signed you'd think people would wait and see how he does before judging.

I've already said Miller will do a job next season but i'm looking beyond that