Kenny Miller Medical Tomorrow

Don54

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to laugh at the way the Record has reported this stating that the deal had stalled because ST sales had trickled under 4k(written as fact) then layer says a source close to the board says its now over 20k whilst adding "but there has been no evidence to back this up".

So essentially bad sales FACT sales giving us the same as last years income EVIDENCE NEEDED.

Getting back to Miller, if this is the route were going down fair enough but I'll believe it when I see him being paraded as an actual signing, the rhebel have now ran with this story several tines and as far fuck all no quotes from either party.

I wouldnt have been too bothered about this signing, but then I read we're letting youths go to clubs like Dundee Utd. Why are we signing what will be deadwood in a year or two?

Its no forward thinking signing thats for sure, But if he is on a pay as you play contract and stays fit. Im sure he will score a shed load of goals to get us back into the League that we require to be in. It will be Boyd next no doubt. Short term jobs for Allys pals, sad but true....

Winning the league next season is worth £6,000,000 minimum to the club so can understand the short term thinking. Don't think we have the luxury of signing some unknown young player in the hopes he comes good in 3 years time.

If we don't get promotion next season the club might end up in administration again that's how much is on the line here. Miller has been in the trenches before and has at least one good season at this level in him.

like it or not it's where the club is right now in terms of signing players cheap and battle ready.

Winning the league next season is worth £6,000,000 minimum to the club so can understand the short term thinking. Don't think we have the luxury of signing some unknown young player in the hopes he comes good in 3 years time.

If we don't get promotion next season the club might end up in administration again that's how much is on the line here. Miller has been in the trenches before and has at least one good season at this level in him.

like it or not it's where the club is right now in terms of signing players cheap and battle ready.

How much of that £6 million will be needed to fix the problem signings like this have created...

How much of that £6 million will be needed to fix the problem signings like this have created...

In terms of Miller very little he'll be on a 1 maybe 2 year deal on a few thousand a week and will get the job done short term.

We just don't have the money right now to get any better than km That's the reality of things.

In terms of Miller very little he'll be on a 1 maybe 2 year deal on a few thousand a week and will get the job done short term.

We just don't have the money right now to get any better than km That's the reality of things.

If we have money to spend a few thousand a week on him and make nothing back when he leaves then surely that could be spent somewhere else.

So many short term fixes means nothing coming in cashwise when they leave and we're left spending money to replace them then repeat the cycle.

We're a selling that never sells.

At what cost though?

Ally will continue to just bury his head in the sand and listen to the old boys network, he's utterly predictable.

Tim in my work is beside himself shouting 'Ally must stay'. This is the level he has dragged us down to. If folk didnt have blue tinted specs we would see him for what he is, a fucking charlatan masquerading as the manger of the greatest club in the world. Pandering to the masses with his cheeky soundbites and faux loyalty while the whole time negotiating more and more money for his own pockets.

So what do we get in return for this top earning, shareholding football coach? A fucking shitebag who needs a fucking army of bang average experienced SPL shite to negotiate the tricky and dangerous minefield of the part time, lower leagues of Scottish football.

A dinosaur tactically who got found out in Europe, the SPL and all domestic cups. Ah but he worked for nothing? he held us together?? Oh fuck off, no he didn't, he negotiated his pay to be back dated and had every fucking reason in the world to not 'walk away' when he negotiated his share issue. Made a fortune of us and treating the old guard to the same slice of the pie.

Jig will never be dropped and neither will Miller now. 2 shoehorns that will play even back in the SPL . The real pain is about to begin. An ageing squad that needs REPLACED not enhanced for when we are back up.

Take a bow Ally, history will show your legacy to be a very destructive and short sighted one. However you were unbeaten in a PT league.

Fucking raging about this!!

I don't know how people get away with stuff like this. This forum is full of neds and ragers.

I fear for your keyboard.

That was a luxury we have had over the past two seasons and not taken.

If we have money to spend a few thousand a week on him and make nothing back when he leaves then surely that could be spent somewhere else.

So many short term fixes means nothing coming in cashwise when they leave and we're left spending money to replace them then repeat the cycle.

We will make money back on Miller as I said above the money for winning the league next season is huge £6m for promotion and maybe millions more from winning the Scottish cup which means we'll be back in Europe in season 15/16 rather than waiting another year to qualify by league position.

Next season is huge in so many ways we just don't have the time to sit around for 3 years and hope a player comes good Imho.

We will make money back on Miller as I said above the money for winning the league next season is huge £6m for promotion and maybe millions more from winning the Scottish cup which means we'll be back in Europe in season 15/16 rather than waiting another year to qualify by league position.

Next season is huge in so many ways we just don't have the time to sit around for 3 years and hope a player comes good Imho.

We're going to have to replace Miller, Daly, McCulloch and Foster(off the top of my head)more than likely for the top league, any money coming in will be needed to replace these short term fixes.

We can't even win the Ramsdens after two attempts, no idea why you think we can win the Scottish Cup.

Aye, we can maybe spend it on an unproven player who's 19... clearly the majority of people on here would cream their pants in excitement at singing youth... then when they don't perform in the Championship and don't perform in cups it will be Ally's fault.

Aye, we can maybe spend it on an unproven player who's 19... clearly the majority of people on here would cream their pants in excitement at singing youth... then when they don't perform in the Championship and don't perform in cups it will be Ally's fault.

He would get more leeway than he would signing over the hill shite like Miller.

We have no scouting network, we have no money and unfortunately this is the market place we have to shop in. Miller is tried and tested, Telfer is undoubtedly talented, but so was John fleck and look at what happened with him. Miller is not a long term solution, and if we can get him and boyd then our main objective of getting back to the top division would appear that bit easier. I don't care if we dig up Eusebio and play him, as long as we win the title then the ends justify the means.

The thing that annoys me about Telfer. It seems hes been cherry picked by Dundee United.

Hes not trying his luck down south in a much better league. Im sure Ness, McCabe, etc; would've went down maybe looking to get a few games, with their eye on breaking through in 2 or 3 years.

Telfers chosen to go to Dundee, probably because he knows they give youth a chance.

For me, seeing this happen really hits home just how far we've sunk.