Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

37 year old Kenny Miller and fucked knees Daly will be?

I think the question we should be asking is: Does the player we're linked with materially improve our team? If the answer is yes then it is a good move (subject to wages obviously)

Unless someone can point out all these amazing prospects then we're better to go with getting someone else in. We still have youths to bring through, but it seems only everyone else's youths are good while ours are bad?

The sooner this pipe dream of turning our club into a team full of super youths because we could play in the shittiest bottom divisions in the UK, the better in my mind. Then all these FM2014/FIFA managers can piss off back to their PCs/PS4s

I think the question we should be asking is: Does the player we're linked with materially improve our team? If the answer is yes then it is a good move (subject to wages obviously)

Unless someone can point out all these amazing prospects then we're better to go with getting someone else in. We still have youths to bring through, but it seems only everyone else's youths are good while ours are bad?

The sooner this pipe dream of turning our club into a team full of super youths because we could play in the shittiest bottom divisions in the UK, the better in my mind. Then all these FM2014/FIFA managers can piss off back to their PCs/PS4s

The problem is we dont have any money.

We are top heavy on players who are on good money, more money than they would get at any other Scottish club bar the scum. They are average players with zero sell on value. Now in the past we could afford such a luxury, now we can't.

The argument here is no one knows if we are missing the boat with regards to producing a quality player from the youth team. The minute we get a bit excited about someone, i.e Gallagher, his place will be filled by a 30+ ex player.

We all know what Boyd will do next season in a piss poor league, score goals. he might also force our prehistoric clueless manager to play 4-4-2, if he doesnt though then it will get painful.

Folk are off their heads if they think Boyd will propel us back to the top when we are back in the SPL. They have short memories of how limited he was with regards to the level of opposition he would score against. Wasn't trusted in big away games and especially against the tarriers. Another step backwards and will bite us in the arse.

Why fucking sign Clarke if this is the route we are talking?? You telling me a young lad who scored 40 goals in a QoS side in the same division we were in last year couldn't get 20 goals i the championship??

Is the world cup not also blessed with older players still doing great jobs, Pirlo, Klose etc.

Klose has played less the 30 minutes so far and pirlo was excellent against England but against an energetic, young costa rica team who played with a high intensity he was anonymous.

"Do you want to play for Rangers?"

"Aye"

"10 grand a week for year one, we'll look at at again next summer?"

"Aye"

"Sign here..... "

Unless one of them has the worst stutter in history, how does this conversation take days?

"Do you want to play for Rangers?"

"Aye"

"10 grand a week for year one, we'll look at at again next summer?"

"Aye"

"Sign here..... "

Unless one of them has the worst stutter in history, how does this conversation take days?

If they even think of offering Boyd 10k a week it will be an absolute disgrace! Why pay him 5x what he's on at killie? At most we should be offering 5k and if that's not acceptable let him try and get a better deal elsewhere!

Klose has played less the 30 minutes so far and pirlo was excellent against England but against an energetic, young costa rica team who played with a high intensity he was anonymous.

... And both did great jobs for their team - despite their age - my only point being is not whether a player is 18 with potential or 36 with experience but do they add value to the squad - it's not a case of choosing one over another - it's about building a squad capable of doing a job. Sometimes the energy and passion of youth is needed and at other times a bit of experience is needed - they are not mutually exclusive.

... And both did great jobs for their team - despite their age - my only point being is not whether a player is 18 with potential or 36 with experience but do they add value to the squad - it's not a case of choosing one over another - it's about building a squad capable of doing a job. Sometimes the energy and passion of youth is needed and at other times a bit of experience is needed - they are not mutually exclusive.

No, I agree you need a balance but unfortunately history tells you with ally he will always choose experience over youth even when it's neither nessecary or productive. Perfect example being telfer....league was won, law and black had put the tools away weeks earlier and yet he nor any other youngster got a chance to bring that energy....as I say a balance is needed, I think miller on a one year deal will be a decent signing but instead of signing Boyd I'd put more faith in Clark, Gallagher and even hardie and try to build long term with the experience of daly and miller beside them.

No, I agree you need a balance but unfortunately history tells you with ally he will always choose experience over youth even when it's neither nessecary or productive. Perfect example being telfer....league was won, law and black had put the tools away weeks earlier and yet he nor any other youngster got a chance to bring that energy....as I say a balance is needed, I think miller on a one year deal will be a decent signing but instead of signing Boyd I'd put more faith in Clark, Gallagher and even hardie and try to build long term with the experience of daly and miller beside them.

Like many I will be interested to see what Telfer does at united - but if Sinclair said he wasn't ready why should he get a chance? Ally has to match long term needs with the short term 'guarantee' of delivering the league this season - I know it's easy to ignore the youth Ally did play as it aids your argument but it's just not a case of playing them and they WILL become good enough - they have to earn that right in training, u20 games Eric.