Who else worried by the lack of activity on a new right back

GOAT

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done just fine there before being cast aside to make way for Foster.

He did, but unless we're going to set him down a path where we're changing him into a right back, I don't want our youngsters getting played out of position.

He did, but unless we're going to set him down a path where we're changing him into a right back, I don't want our youngsters getting played out of position.

He's not getting played at all atm, nor will he likely be anytime soon which is a shame.

I don't know why you lot dismiss Jordam McMillan so readily he's actually a good player, young, and I think he'd jump at the chance to rejoin us.

What about Ryan McGowan could we not go for him once back in the top division. He was tap kwality, mate!

Realistically, who is out there to bring in for the RB role?

Lee hodson is a solid right back, n.ireland internationalist and available on a free I'm sure....Alan Hutton (would need to take a significant wage cut) has proven he's still an excellent attacking option and would give us balance with Wallace on the right. There are also players in the lower leagues of English football who would more than hold their own up here with the potential to improve. Or the cheaper and IMO best option you work on turning macusland into a right back, albeit that would require ally and his coaches to actually coach, as radical as that sounds.

Heard an interesting story last night about Alan Hutton being at Murray Park training for the last few weeks to keep himself in shape and that both parties were interested in looking to get something done. Source is usually good but I was unsure of Hutton's current status with Villa.

Not much chance of that happening,anyway is he not under contract till June 2015? and valued at over £1million +

I don't rate any of our defenders apart from Wallace.

Not including McGregor here.

I know folk don't like this going back to old players shite but see if Rangers announced tomorrow the signings of Hutton, Cowie, Burke, Boogie. I'd be a very happy man. :lol:

I'm not sure if he's played there for them but he's all about hard work and industry rather than creative flair.

Point is still valid about how we've been in the transfer window tbf.

Also I think its really early days to be worried about who we may or may not sign.

You know what despite all the negativity surrounding the club as a whole I'm really excited about the coming season and despite my own views on Ally as manager I don't think it should hold any fears for us.

Not really bothered by a RB. Ideally then yes but people have been moaning about Ally signing too many players and spending money we don't need to and another RB would fall into that category IMO.

We can get by the season ahead with Foster and improve the RB position when we get promoted and have better options available to us.