Seats at Auchenhowie?

WATBB

Seen this posted on a few facebook pages so thought I'd bring it up here:

Should Rangers install a stand at Auchenhowie, with maybe 4,000-5,000 seats that will be available during Rangers training sessions and for bounce (closed door) matches, with the general price for tickets being £10 for Adults, £5 for Kids, and concessions go free.

In quite a few other countries, you see the fans sitting in the stands cheering/watching their teams train, not only would it be quite appealing to people to go and watch the team in training and get up close and personal etc, but it'd also be another source of income for the club.

Obviously this wouldn't be a thing for the near-future due to our financial position etc, but for the distant future, what do you think?

aye good yin, a tenner a ticket to sit down for 2 hours and watch ally and co crack jokes and play shootie in

if fans are fucking off from ibrox because of the shite football, imagine how many will want a refund of their tenner after half an hour of the first training session

aye good yin, a tenner a ticket to sit down for 2 hours and watch ally and co crack jokes and play shootie in

if fans are fucking off from ibrox because of the shite football, imagine how many will want a refund of their tenner after half an hour of the first training session

You'd be surprised how many it'd actually appeal to. Considering you'd also be able to get up close n personal with the players, autograph opportunities etc. It'd eventually all pay for itself, then it'd just be pure profit for the club.

Works in a lot of other countries at clubs with fan bases much smaller than ours, so I don't see why I wouldn't work here?

You'd be surprised how many it'd actually appeal to. Considering you'd also be able to get up close n personal with the players, autograph opportunities etc. It'd eventually all pay for itself, then it'd just be pure profit for the club.

Works in a lot of other countries at clubs with fan bases much smaller than ours, so I don't see why I wouldn't work here?

What about burger vans?

Would uof and sos still boycott?

Can we sing "No training to sadden my eyes"?

It's not actually the worst idea but it would require a complete change to the ethos and set up at Murray park....I was over in villareal with a team I took and they have their reserves pitch at their training ground with a decent sized stand aswell as a community wing for kids to come in and play and a bar/restraint for fans....it's great over there but would it work here? Not so sure....

Personally, I don't like the idea of sitting watching people train.

But it would be a very good idea to let a small amount of fans come in and watch full length games. For example, like the one we just had against Fulham. Say they charge £10 and let in 1,000 people then that's another £10,000 for them to help improve some things around the training ground or at Ibrox. They could even go as far as charging an extra £5 to get a photo with the team/individual players or the management staff. I'd definitely go along to watch a game and meet some of my heroes.

It's not a huge sum of money but right now we should be exploring every possible income opportunity.

Seen this posted on a few facebook pages so thought I'd bring it up here:

Should Rangers install a stand at Auchenhowie, with maybe 4,000-5,000 seats that will be available during Rangers training sessions and for bounce (closed door) matches, with the general price for tickets being £10 for Adults, £5 for Kids, and concessions go free.

In quite a few other countries, you see the fans sitting in the stands cheering/watching their teams train, not only would it be quite appealing to people to go and watch the team in training and get up close and personal etc, but it'd also be another source of income for the club.

Obviously this wouldn't be a thing for the near-future due to our financial position etc, but for the distant future, what do you think?

A great idea. MCFC are building such a training stadium right now with the intention that all unofficial friendly games, academy and women's team games are played there and the players can play in a more realistic game environment

In theory this is a good idea. Maybe 1000 or 2000 seats with a view to more depending on how well attended events are.

We wouldn't have to make every training session open, just the occasional one over school holidays to maximise turnouts.

Any way to bring in more funds has to be considered.

No way, can't let people see our mastermind at work and training the long punts.

The OP is not a bad idea although probably a lot less than 4-5000, but unfortunately the first thought that came into my mind was fans shouting at Ally how to train the players and I cannot stop :lol:

To carry out what you suggest at any level within Murray Park planning permission would be required. Do you honestly think an application from Rangers would be approved? Perhaps someone on here with knowledge of the original planning permission for Murray Park could enlighten us to whether or not it would rule out any development of this sort.