Allan McGregor

WATBB

They all would have bit the hand off anyone offering as much as they were getting at Ibrox at the time. A certain amount of fear of losing out on multi-million pound contracts would have played a part. When English teams came in offering more money and big signing fees then it was a no brainer they were going. Players don't play for the love of Rangers anymore its all about the cash.

Saying that the press conference of Whittaker and Naismith made them the worst of the lot. Davis, being captain, is next in line.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether people want to believe this or not your spot on young man. We all like to think players play for the club but times have changed and money is main factor now BUT still nice to think there might be some world class players that would ditch the money just to have the honour.

I look forward to that day as much as seeing us lift the title...second thoughts title first then Messi waring blue. :-)

They all would have bit the hand off anyone offering as much as they were getting at Ibrox at the time. A certain amount of fear of losing out on multi-million pound contracts would have played a part. When English teams came in offering more money and big signing fees then it was a no brainer they were going. Players don't play for the love of Rangers anymore its all about the cash.

Saying that the press conference of Whittaker and Naismith made them the worst of the lot. Davis, being captain, is next in line.

Tow things would force me to bin my season ticket.

First one is selling our stadium.

Second one is any of these skulking, cowardly backstabbing tossers being invited back to Ibrox, in any capacity.

I think there may be more to the McGregor, Naismith, Lafferty, Davis situation than was let known. Why didn't they tupe over, was it them or their agents? Didn't they have a clause in their contracts that they could walk if they believed Whyte was still involved with the club. At the end of the day they made the decisions. If they have regrets, then it's up to them to make amends. They left when the club needed them most.

Every single one will never be welcome at Ibrox.

When he was acting like a wanker he used to give him it tight behind the goal, he could hear us and used to go out the box when we were attacking to do his stretches etc. Used to get pelters about that midden he went with.

Now imagine he came back, he would never ever be excepted, no way would everyone back him, after all he did come through our ranks and it was our money that coached and trained him to become the player he is.

Ungrateful wanker, just like Naismith as he was on the operating table more than the pitch for us.

They all said that they loved our club, but the sad fact is, that they loved the money more than our club.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but at the time the club had no licence to play, the players had families and financial commitments of their own, maybe they put their family commitments first and ensured they had a job. Like I said I'm not disagreeing with you, just trying to see the situation from a different perspective.

I think there may be more to the McGregor, Naismith, Lafferty, Davis situation than was let known. Why didn't they tupe over, was it them or their agents? Didn't they have a clause in their contracts that they could walk if they believed Whyte was still involved with the club. At the end of the day they made the decisions. If they have regrets, then it's up to them to make amends. They left when the club needed them most.

how can they ever make amends? come back at the end of their career and let us line their pockets???? There is no making up for it.

When they are retired and on tv doing match analysis, they will always be remembered then and in history as the players that chose a bit extra money over the club.

Professional footballers and Twitter- why?

As for AM himself we stood by him after boozegate and tons of other problems he had yet he kicked the club in the baws in it's hour of need.

Don't think anyone expected players of his quality to play in SFL 3 but he should have stayed for a few weeks longer and let the club get a fee for him even if only £250k. He left because of pure greed nothing more and never did anything to help the club that made him a Millionaire.

how can they ever make amends? come back at the end of their career and let us line their pockets???? There is no making up for it.

When they are retired and on tv doing match analysis, they will always be remembered then and in history as the players that chose a bit extra money over the club.

They can make amends by telling the truth of what really happened in that situation. otherwise they'll always be known as those that betrayed the club. I don't believe they'll play for the club again but the truth should be known.

Every single one will never be welcome at Ibrox.

When he was acting like a wanker he used to give him it tight behind the goal, he could hear us and used to go out the box when we were attacking to do his stretches etc. Used to get pelters about that midden he went with.

Giving our own players pelters :anguish:

Also, Didn't Shagger always do his stretches outside the box?

First time I've read that article and it reinforces my dislike and utter contempt for Naismith. IMO he is the worst of all the players who sold us out - a Rangers fan my backside.

The article is all about him, not a thought for the thousands/ millions of Rangers fans who, in his biased opinion, had lost their club. I for one hope he never darkens our door again.

He's not grasping all we wanted is some sort of a fee for him, arsehole.

His logic on Edu is that we actually ended up losing 2.3 million overall.....well could've been worse we could've got FUCK ALL like for him.

Made it worse for me when a year later Besiktas got over a mill for him but the club who developed him for over a decade gets nothing.

I agree with him. Would take him back in a second.

The TUPE consultation was a joke by the sounds of it, with Green being the main offender. This is the same Green who our current CEO and major shareholder both admit was a disaster.

Boca and Goian are treated as some form of heros for transferring over, going straight out on loan with us paying half their wages, then only leaving when we paid up their contracts, costing us millions.

No club was going to pay us millions of pounds for these players. The clubs would have us over a barrel and either offer us peanuts, likely not covering any wages and loyalty payments or wait and pick them up for free.

Personally I understand mcgregor's stance. Naismith on the other hand is harder to forgive.