***Rangers v Hibernian***

G.E.C.

We look miles off in every department. Ref done us a favour, although you wouldnt think so as hivs still looked better down to ten.

Loads of improvement needed if we are to beat Hertz , sadly after watching that performance , i dont think we will.

We won but we will be in trouble as long as Ally is our Manager .Hibs were so bad first half it was unbelievable yet some how we managed to give them initiative .Black and Jig falling out .Honestly I've never came away from a cup win against Hivs and felt so deflated .We have so many uninspiring players it's worrying .

One positive is that when Templeton came on and we dropped the three man defence it looked a bit better.

Hopefully we will never see three centre backs on the pitch again

This was obvious during the preseason game (broara or Buckie) that he tried it! The difference when having an actual winger on the pitch was outstanding.

I don't get the point of the three man defends when black is then also going to sit that deep.

I thought that we came on well late 2nd half and dominated ET. Thought Hibs look fucked as the game went on. With more composure we could have scored more.

Don't just focus on that period when Hibs were on the ascendency.

Law looked tired and Boyd comatose late on.

So we dominated all the time we were against 10men but were dominated by 11. Hardly a great way to start the season imo. A win is a win but we must step it up the players with a few exceptions looked disinterested and Boyd looked a shadow of his former self. Miller worked hard but has not got his old mojo aside from Macleod, Temps, Waldo and Law in flashes I give the rest 5/10 max.

Miller dropping off and attempt to connect the play was one of the best things about us tonight - that's going to save us at various points this year I think. He was popping up all over the place. And actually, I thought Boyd put in a great shift for the team too until he began to tire as the game wore on. At one point he was at the back helping out - imagine seeing that five years ago! He looks a much better all-round player this time round.

problem with miller dropping off is that you're left with only boyd up front, and we know that boyd pretty much needs the work done for him outside the box, so if miller drops into midfield to get the ball, he turns and only has boyd in front of him being marked by 2 defenders minimum

our lack of creativity in centre mid is frightening