Hibs show how it's done..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Board are as culpable for our failings in the things mentioned in that article. Seems Leanne Dempster is doing a good job so far.

What a lot of rubbish.

Stubbs was at a well run professional team at Everton where the reserve team is quite a bit more professional than our first team set up.

McCoist has supported everyone on the Board yet used every excuse bar his lack of ability yet he has been responsible for football matters and we have no scouting set up.

If he was so concerned about this and had Rangers at heart then I'm sure he has enough contacts in the game that would do it for him, he could even pay them from his own excessive salary.

We don't need Wikipedia because we just use the root square of fuck all knowledge of players in the 3 stoogies heads. Going back to sign Miller and Boyd is not a step in the right direction for the future of the club. It's not even working short term at the moment.

...If you hurry I,m sure hivs will have a few spare season tickets for you jealous types...Me I,ll be sticking with THE MIGHTY RANGERS through thick and thin...

Knew it would go over some bangers heads.

I don't want Stubbs as a manager, I don't want to watch Hibs either.

They realise the importance of building a football club from the bare bones upwards though.

The point is, for the deluded on here, is that if Hibs can do it, we have no fucking excuses.

This is the thing that is pissing me off that all the blame seems to lie with McCoist with where our

squad was shaped for the 3rd division.

If everyone believes it was all McCoists doing in signing these players then they live in cloud cuckoo

land, how was cg and his crew going to sell season tickets and a share issue if their was no investment

in the squad.

They gave the go ahead to sign Templeton, shiels, sandaza, black etc etc, it would of been complete folly

to rely on the players we had left at our disposal to guarantee we cruised through the league, on the evidence

of the young players who did play they weren't world beaters by any matter of means.

Yes McCoist will never make a manager and needs to go but to blame the club's infrastructure all on him is

a pile of shite.

The argument with hertz is also a poor one, they played young boys cause they had no other option, they will

spend money buying players when they are able to do it, just the same as us.

Knew it would go over some bangers heads.

I don't want Stubbs as a manager, I don't want to watch Hibs either.

They realise the importance of building a football club from the bare bones upwards though.

The point is, for the deluded on here, is that if Hibs can do it, we have no fucking excuses.

Don't waste your time. Some folk just don't get it.

What a lot of rubbish.

Stubbs was at a well run professional team at Everton where the reserve team is quite a bit more professional than our first team set up.

McCoist has supported everyone on the Board yet used every excuse bar his lack of ability yet he has been responsible for football matters and we have no scouting set up.

If he was so concerned about this and had Rangers at heart then I'm sure he has enough contacts in the game that would do it for him, he could even pay them from his own excessive salary.

We don't need Wikipedia because we just use the root square of fuck all knowledge of players in the 3 stoogies heads. Going back to sign Miller and Boyd is not a step in the right direction for the future of the club. It's not even working short term at the moment.

and who's plan is it to base the clubs whole scouting and player recruitment network on what's in the head of the 3 stoogies as you call them?

...If you hurry I,m sure hivs will have a few spare season tickets for you jealous types...Me I,ll be sticking with THE MIGHTY RANGERS through thick and thin...

What is it with all the drama queens on here, the op was showing what Stubbs has done in such a short space of time at hivs,which when compared to our set up, makes us look incompetent [ well mcCoist at least].he wasnt advocating a switch of allegiance.

If you do say so yourself, Alan.

He lost at Ibrox to a pub team and required a fluke goal by his goalkeeper to beat Livingston, but at least he's brought in two Sport Scientists. Fanny.

This is a blatant dig at Butcher's scouting methods. Not that I disagree with the criticism, but it's a blatant attempt at deflecting attention from his own fallings.

It does concern me that Stubbs has restructured Hibs' scouting department, but McCoist is never finished talking about our lack of one.

Talking down - rubbishing in fact - what went on before at Hibs under the 2 previous managers and using that to talk up what he is now doing or trying to do may be one way of doing business. Straight talking if you like. Whilst the record under Butcher was terrible the record under Fenlon much less so I think. It is actually kind of easy to rubbish other peoples track records (justifiably or otherwise). Having done so then he does of course set himself up for open season comparison throughout the season and beyond. I may be wrong here but I cannot actually recall any instances where a Rangers manager publicly took such damning shots at his prececessors. But maybe thats what Hibs and their current manager feel they need to do. I would hope that sort of slagging off would not become a feature that Rangers' Managers adopt now or in future.

Turning to what they claim to be doing about rebuilding and comparing it (rubbishing it) to the Rangers approach well all Bears are absolutely entitled to their opinion. Much of it has been raised one way or another in the last few seasons but is reaching new heights of vocal concern this season. Its a very big season for Rangers - if it turns out to be a failure and a root and branch restructuring and change of approach is needed then so be it. Just so long as there is good awareness among Bears that if that becomes needed then it is not beyond the realms of possibility that a restoration to the top flight might be delayed for a few seasons for that new approach to be given time to bear fruit. Patience would be needed and at a time when the other lot stroll along to title after title, money after more money with an increasing risk that we simply become one of the pack for a while as opposed to challenging for the top. Whether the approach taken by the Manager, Coaches and Board to providing players and a way of playing proves to be good enough this season will unfold over the next 9 months or so.

ALAN STUBBS last night ripped into his Hibs predecessors and claimed the club will no longer sign players based on their Wikipedia description.

The new gaffer – gearing up for his first Edinburgh derby today – has transformed the Easter Road infrastructure since arriving in the summer.

He said: “From day one to today, the club is functioning a million per cent better.”

Laughed the first time I read it. And it just gets funnier.