Your Reaction to Ally If He Left

JamieG54

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My reaction would be one of anger and resentment towards Ally. His lack of recruitment / scouting, his shocking tactics, lack of fitness, terrible set plays and refusal to accept his philosophy is all wrong, should have seen him sacked a long time ago. Ally was a legend as a player, he always will be, but his reputation among the fans will only go downhill the longer he clings on for one last pay off.

The Rangers support have made you a very rich man Ally, time to man up, admit you're not manager material and go without taking one more single penny from our club.

Just go before you do irreversible damage to your own standing and that of our club.

Massive relief. No sadness what so ever anymore - he had a great chance to do something special and wasn't up to it. The taint surrounds him that he is still only there for the money.

The playing legend has been taken as far as it can go . His last game for us was in 1998 - there are boys leaving school that have never seen or known him in a Rangers jersey. We need to move on quickly.

Depends.

If he walked away not stealing more money then I’d be relieved and happy he was gone but that would be it.

If he had to be forced out while taking more money from us then it’s personal, he can gtf.

This. If he left without financial implications then it would be better for everyone.

If he went after more money then I could see a very angry reaction from the fans.

here's how i imagine reading the "ally has left/been sacked" thread on RM

5158424+_850950e2069fbfc738ad8568b66e840c.jpg

i didnt want him in the job, i wanted him gone in the first year, i wanted him gone before the 3rd division started, i hide no fact i think he is the worst football manager i have ever witnessed, and that includes sunday amateur football

There should be no outpouring of joy, no great celebration that one of our greatest sons has been a failure. His legend won't be tarnished by this, but the great sense of loss of what might have been will last a while. We should remember him as the talisman that stood up for our good name when everyone else ran.

Under his stewardship we may not have been the world beaters we once were, but we still have a club to love thanks to him.

Make no mistake about it, his time has passed. But let's thank him for what he did for our club in its darkest days.

Ally's an optimist that believes he can turn things round. It's his nature and one of the things that always endeared him to the fans as a player (apart from the goals!) was his loyalty to the team and his unerring ability to bounce back. But...football management, and in particular with a club like Rangers, doesn't offer the time and opportunity to keep doing that. We've had false dawn after false dawn, setback after setback, and despite my continual pleas to keep things in perspective and for fans to recognise where we've sunk to and many of the obstacles thrown in our way (and stop comparing Rangers today to Rangers of 5 years ago) we should be better placed (on the pitch) than we are. Whilst I don't like it, I realise, as a squad, we're no better than average SPL, and we'll suffer average SPL type results and performances...goes with the territory of being that level of team. But what I do expect is a level of fight, of organisation, of commitment and for want of a better phrase, a Plan B. We suffer from these failings that ANY TEAM, never mind Rangers should have. If teams don't roll over, or we don't score early enough, we all too often struggle for lack of these attributes. I can blame the players for being average, but I can't blame them for the other bits.

And for all Ally was considered to be the glue that held us together during the darkest of days, he is now being blamed by many as the reason for virtually every ill the club faces at the moment. Short memories there and apart from being inaccurate it's just the nature of being a high profile football manager where expectation exceeds reality. And the vitriol that's being poured onto him by grown-ups who should really know better...whatever you think of his abilities as a manager, he's still one of us. Save that rhetoric for those that deserve it...like those that put us in this position in the first place rather than those that are, however ineffectively, trying to get us out.

Having said all of that, the answer to the question,

Sad that it's not worked out.

Sad that the longer it goes on the more damage he's doing to the playing side of the club.

Sad that a legend has potentially tarnished his reputation for good amongst an element of the support.

Relieved that it may well be an opportunity to change playing direction.

Jesus mate .I nearly cried reading that .Ok dried my eyes .Now Ally Gtf .The club is bigger that one individual especially one that's now making a complete mug of us .Yeah the fans he so often professes to respect and adore .Its just bullshit .Ally's just for Ally

There should be no outpouring of joy, no great celebration that one of our greatest sons has been a failure. His legend won't be tarnished by this, but the great sense of loss of what might have been will last a while. We should remember him as the talisman that stood up for our good name when everyone else ran.

Under his stewardship we may not have been the world beaters we once were, ​but we still have a club to love thanks to him.

Make no mistake about it, his time has passed. But let's thank him for what he did for our club in its darkest days.

"​but we still have a club to love thanks to him."

This is utter bollocks.

here's how i imagine reading the "ally has left/been sacked" thread on RM

5158424+_850950e2069fbfc738ad8568b66e840c.jpg

i didnt want him in the job, i wanted him gone in the first year, i wanted him gone before the 3rd division started, i hide no fact i think he is the worst football manager i have ever witnessed, and that includes sunday amateur football

I agree with this .No matter what he says ,His mates say and what happens in the next 6 months .For me he will always be the Manager that brought about the most collective and embarrassing humiliations I've ever had the displeasure to watch .The title of the worst Manager in Rangers history is one where Ally has sadly earned .

If wonder if the grass was really greener on the other side of the hill - had we just sacked a manager who has had to take the full brunt of our financial mis- management - take all the anger of the fan base on his shoulders - brought us up two leagues under that pressure and didn't buckle and of wonder if Rangers had just made one of the biggest gaffs in their long history. I'd wonder at how so many could forget what Ally contributed to the club during our worst period of stability - how he worked under a transfer embargoe, stopped us losing titles, fough our corner and worked with spiv after spiv and still drove us forward.

Then i'd say 'fuck it', shrug my shoulders, look forward, hope I was wrong about Ally and that the new manager fulfills every Rangers dream!

I agree with this .No matter what he says ,His mates say and what happens in the next 6 months .For me he will always be the Manager that brought about the most collective and embarrassing humiliations I've ever had the displeasure to watch .The title of the worst Manager in Rangers history is one where Ally has sadly earned .

History will be kinder to Ally than you hope and at least he will be remembered!