Your Reaction to Ally If He Left

JamieG54

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If wonder if the grass was really greener on the other side of the hill - had we just sacked a manager who has had to take the full brunt of our financial mis- management - take all the anger of the fan base on his shoulders - brought us up two leagues under that pressure and didn't buckle and of wonder if Rangers had just made one of the biggest gaffs in their long history. I'd wonder at how so many could forget what Ally contributed to the club during our worst period of stability - how he worked under a transfer embargoe, stopped us losing titles, fough our corner and worked with spiv after spiv and still drove us forward.

Then i'd say 'fuck it', shrug my shoulders, look forward, hope I was wrong about Ally and that the new manager fulfills every Rangers dream!

And was, and still is being highly rewarded for the privilege. While the fans have to watch the pish he's serving up.

Jesus mate .I nearly cried reading that .Ok dried my eyes .Now Ally Gtf .The club is bigger that one individual especially one that's now making a complete mug of us .Yeah the fans he so often professes to respect and adore .Its just bullshit .Ally's just for Ally

I wouldn't expect anyone who's unable to think beyond last weekend to have a clue about what's happened to us over the last three years and put it into context.

What's incredible is that even with all the problems we have in the boardroom just now, split fans groups making things worse, and the media trying anything they can to create negativity, it would be the ridding of McCoist as manager which would make me - and no doubt others - feel like we can finally move on.

That's saying a hell of a lot.

It will be up there with my best moments as a Rangers fan and that's no joke.

Never have I been more scunnerd being a bear than these past 3 years and a lot of it is down to him. He's single handedly took the enjoyment out of coming to Ibrox and turned it into a chore. All while raping us for millions and turning us into the laughing stock of the Scottish game.

The day he decides to leave (let's be honest the board won't sack him), will be the day we can finally look forward as a club and leave him, his amateur approach and fag-packet tactics behind.

Can't fucking wait.

a bit much to say ally leaving would be up there with your best moment as a rangers fan.but your opinion, I feel sorry its not working for ally,he is also a supporter of this great club, he more than anyone wants this to work and the players he brought in have let him down badly.ally put his heart and soul into playing for Rangers and gave us some of the best times of our lives,if another manager comes in will he be able to keep the boardroom shit separate from the football field like ally has, thereis a lot going on at rangers at the moment so it will take a very big character to come in and concentrate solely on football especially at a club the size of Rangers where the pressure as we know is huge the new manager wouldn't know what hit him ffs.

would be a mixed bag for me.

happy- that a problem gets solved and we can hopefully move forward.

regretful- that it unfortunately didn't workout.

worried -about the standard we will attract to replace him.

hope- that it was someone proven who can bring attractive football and success, and not a current spfl manager.

It depends what the circumstances are that cause him to leave. He will either have gone voluntarily or been invited to leave. Neither appear to be on the cards anytime very soon - I think he was talking earlier in the week on the Rangers website about judgements on the season being for April.

So raising the question now may in its own way add to the fuel in media sites about whether he should go sooner rather than later but actual reactions themselves will surely be influenced by circumstances at the time. I know its a question of when and not if - but that is the case for every manager in every walk of life. Whether feelings or opinions at this time are hardened, softened or unchanged when the time eventually comes will be interesting to see. But for what its worth unless he himself decides enough is enough before the outcome for the season is known then it seems he may have until around Christmas or Jan to show the Board and fans that the team can still win promotion (or not as the case could be the way things are heading with league form against the Edin teams) and if he passes that gateway then its down to April - which is a long way off yet. Hard times and hard yards for the Support though in wating to see how he deals with the rest of the season.