This is what happens when you play at Celtic Park

GMac

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The response to singing Rule, Britannia , the national anthem and anti-ira songs has been incredible to be honest . I can get that the media often make the point of relevance , that strangely they haven't this time given the stadium , but I certainly don't get the apologies for 'offence' ?.

Also, how do either of those journalists get through those articles without linking the anti-IRA chanting with the stadium hosting the match? We all know that the reason for there being more anti-IRA chants than usual was that they were in a stadium which has glorified (and raised money for) the same banned, murderous organisation for many years. The elephant in the room.

I was there last night and the English fans were amazing. I'll be honest it's the first Scotland game I've been to since I was young and I'll not be back. I was genuinely torn and felt I could relate more to the English fans than the Scots. If anything it's made me realise more that I'm a Rangers fan 100% and not got anything other than a passing interest in the national team.

I was stunned at how much booing there was from the home crowd when the England fans sung it.

Might have expected it if it was a home game for the vermin, or were people booing just to cover the noise the England fans were making?

Hopefully this will get some people down south on our side, this is fucking ridiculous, im actually ashamed to be scottish sometimes the way our society is. Singing an ANTI-TERROR song is offensive in Scotland now? FUCK THE IRA, they are murdering scum, they have bombed and shot and killed hundreds of Brits, Scots included, including three young soldiers, and our media defends them?

The scottish media is defending the IRA now for fucks sake, what is going on in this shitehole of a country?

Im sure there werent any Scotland fans shouting Fuck the Queen last night, Im sure none of them booed the national anthem either.

How is it a song of hate, but booing a minutes silence for dead soldiers isnt?

I cant believe they had the audacity to sing their national anthem 4 times, that's outrageous

the tartan trannies sang FOS we several time too.

and the England fans sing GSTQ and RB at every game. what a pile of shite :lol: what a bitter we country we live in