McCoist lost the dressing room?

G.E.C.

I'm afraid that there is no fear factor among the players as the manager stands almost motionless during each game. He allowed himself a smirk when he kicked the ball when we had a throw in. The manager and his two assistants clearly have no solution to our current predicament. I would break the bank to get Gordon Strachan in as soon as possible.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd did a fair bit of shit stirring when it was Le Guen,doubt if we'll see something similar with McCoist.

Not a chance mate. PLG wanted the players to live like the professional athletes they purport to be and this didn't go down well with a certain clique of players which included KB.

We have the Team (Oh dear).

We have the coaching staff (ha ha ha).

We have the board(snigger, ha ha).

We have the support.

And they all live in separate universes. The universes the Team, Manager and Board live in don't obey the laws of Physics I recognise. Fantisy worlds with odd properties of no accountability.

The players can do or act in any way they want under McCoist. This is Glasgow Rangers for fuck sake - there are standards to be kept.

The photos from the training sessions really annoy me. This shambolic squad seem to have a right laugh every day

The official site pictures regularly send out the wrong message in my opinion.

Also, the selection of content and historical pictures for some articles is also questionable. For instance, in the run-up to this match, there was an article -- undoubtably confident in its stance -- with a historical picture of Boyd being out-jumped by Hearts players in a challenge (no surprise) attached to it. The article said one thing, but the picture said another. This is just a small example of a lack of attention to detail that is disconcerting to fans.

The players can do or act in any way they want under McCoist. This is Glasgow Rangers for fuck sake - there are standards to be kept.

The photos from the training sessions really annoy me. This shambolic squad seem to have a right laugh every day

The photos from training are typically taken during the first part of training as the players warm up etc. God forbid the player aren't all walking about with their faces tripping them.

I dont think we even have to go back as far as Jock Wallace. What the Rangers players get away with now would never happen under Walter. Ally will never manage another club after us. The man is a clown. Should have been sacked after Raith Rovers and made an example of.

Not sure if I read too much into it a the time, but looked to me like Ally had to force a handshake from Miller when he was subbed. Anyone else notice it?

For the only time today I'll stick up for Ally. He had to sub Miller not only because of that tackle which could have been red, he had been nipping at the ref all game. I honestly think if Miller had commited another foul it would have been a red card.

Allys choice of replacement however was an absolute joke which changed the game, not in our favour. Clark should have come on in more of a like for like.

I do not think Ally has ever had the respect a manager needs from the players and certainly not the fear which is sometimes needed. He has always been far too close to his favourites and unfair to the youngsters he should have nurturing.

completely agree with this.

For the only time today I'll stick up for Ally. He had to sub Miller not only because of that tackle which could have been red, he had been nipping at the ref all game. I honestly think if Miller had commited another foul it would have been a red card.

Allys choice of replacement however was an absolute joke which changed the game, not in our favour. Clark should have come on in more of a like for like.

(tu) Spot on mate. I said exactly the same thing in another thread.

Decision to hook Miller = Correct.

Decision to use Foster instead of Clark = Bonkers.

Ally has so little presence, that's his major falling point.

Comparing to Walter Smith, a man who wasn't exactly a tactical, technical and coaching genius, but has an abundance of presence. He commanded respect just from the way he looked, his demeanor, etc.

Ally simply doesn't have it. Can you respect him as a coach?

Although Walters teams were hardly the most disciplined either. Two reds in a cup final for example.

As much as I respect WS as a person, a huge amount of Ally's failings stem directly from the lessons he learned at Wattie's feet: waiting 'till time's nearly up to substitute players, players played out of their normal positions, walls of defensive-minded players inviting the opposition onto them, long ball after long ball, &c. Guts me to see McCoist and Durrant, who were two of my favourite players when they were in the starting 11 yonks ago, so absolutely clueless on the sidelines, but it is what it is. Said it elsewhere online today, but watching Ally & The Amigos trying to coach is like having a mate that's addicted to drugs; everyone else and their granny can see the solution to his problem, but the addict himself is oblivious and in complete denial.

Yassss... Let's hope so. Let's hope that we can have a rift in the dressing room.

Then we can add it to the rifts in the boardroom...

And the rifts among the fans...

And the rifts here on Rangersmedia...

Let's just continually hope for more chaos while crying for success - like a spoiled and huffy child who throws a bucket of Duplo up in the air hoping it will all fall in place and build an empire.

Sometimes I think that we deserve all we get.

Yassss... Let's hope so. Let's hope that we can have a rift in the dressing room.

Then we can add it to the rifts in the boardroom...

And the rifts among the fans...

And the rifts on Rangersmedia...

Let's just continually hope for more chaos - like a huffy child throwing a bucket of Duplo up in the air and hoping it will fall and build an empire.

Sometimes i think that we deserve all we get.

Our support, and the fucking cunts who claim to be Bears whilst doing nothing but taking potshots at everything the club does regardless of if it's good or bad, have the basket case of a club we deserve. In fact I'd go as far as to say that a section of our fan base are a cancer on our club.

Our support, and the fucking cunts who claim to be Bears whilst doing nothing but taking potshots at everything the club does regardless of if it's good or bad, have the basket case of a club we deserve. In fact I'd go as far as to say that a section of our fan base are a cancer on our club.

I reckon a good number of our support are essentially spoiled brats that know they couldn't hack being fans of a Rangers that were not challenging at the top of the Premiership for any sustained period. They will only support a winning Rangers and that's causing a few panicky tantrums now because they feel they might be losing their (winning) Rangers. Glory hunters, really. It's one thing whingeing about McCoist, it's another to refuse to go to Ibrox because you don't get your way in regards to the manager and because you don't like the football. Aww, diddums. Cinema for you loyal troops. You don't do walking away, you just do walking to a different form of entertainment.

I reckon a good number of our support are essentially spoiled brats that know they couldn't hack being fans of a Rangers that were not challenging at the top of the Premiership for any sustained period. They will only support a winning Rangers and that's causing a few panicky tantrums now because they feel they might be losing their (winning) Rangers. Glory hunters, really. It's one thing whingeing about McCoist, it's another to refuse to go to Ibrox because you don't get your way in regards to the manager and because you don't like the football. Aww, diddums. Cinema for you loyal troops. You don't do walking away, you just do walking to a different form of entertainment.

I'm fairly sure the ones shouting loudest are all in their mid 20s. Like me they've only ever known a winning Rangers. Supporting Rangers & going to Ibrox is about much more for me than good football and winning. It's one of the few links I have with my Uncle who started taking me to games as a kid but died 10 years ago next week. It's one of the few things I have in common with my dad and one of the few things we ever talk about. It's been the one constant in my life apart from my family for as long as I can remember and it's the thing that when I was working abroad that locals recognised and would occasionally speakto me about. I can tolerate shite football and won't turn away like a petulant little kid because it's not up to whatever benchmark I decide to hold it to. That's the stuff that matters. One season is fairly insignificant in the long term. After a certain point they all start to merge into one and the things I was pissed off about back then are long forgotten.

I'm fairly sure the ones shouting loudest are all in their mid 20s. Like me they've only ever known a winning Rangers. Supporting Rangers & going to Ibrox is about much more for me than good football and winning. It's one of the few links I have with my Uncle who started taking me to games as a kid but died 10 years ago next week. It's one of the few things I have in common with my dad and one of the few things we ever talk about. It's been the one constant in my life apart from my family for as long as I can remember and it's the thing that when I was working abroad that locals recognised and would occasionally speakto me about. I can tolerate shite football and won't turn away like a petulant little kid because it's not up to whatever benchmark I decide to hold it to. That's the stuff that matters. One season is fairly insignificant in the long term. After a certain point they all start to merge into one and the things I was pissed off about back then are long forgotten.

Yeah. Similar way to how I feel.

I may think it's time for McCoist to leave, but have some spoiled tantrum over it I won't. If I don't get my own way, fine. If we don't win, it's not what I want, but it's not the be all and end all. I want what's best for the club, but deserting in hard times? No, I don't fucking think so. That's not supporting the club. The hard times are when we should be supporting more. It may sound like sanctimonious pish, but if it does sound like that to you, then you don't really know how to support the club in my eyes.

I'm sure there's a relevant Bill Struth quote that we all roll out whenever we want to pat ourselves on the back for being this great bunch of supporters that we clearly are not.

27 odd thousand and dwindling....

Fuck Ally. Guy is a clueless dud and is the most infuriating thing about the club just now.

He's a self preserving brass necked joker

Aye I mean it's not as if we've just had the administrators and former club secretary arrested for fraud/perverting the course of justice or an investigation taking place into all the goings on of that period. Nor do we need to get loans on a monthly basis to meet payroll. Nah McCoist is the most infuriating thing about the club just now.

I do not think Ally has ever had the respect a manager needs from the players and certainly not the fear which is sometimes needed. He has always been far too close to his favourites and unfair to the youngsters he should have nurturing.

McCostalot wants to be manager, TV pundit and one of the boys. He is now failing miserably at all three. Spoke months ago about a 'lack of motivation'. When you have a manager who cannot motivate staff then that person is about as much use as tits on a bull.

McCoist has never been a motivator. I actually found this a shock over the past few seasons as he learned from Walter who was a 'man manager'. McCoist is also able to articulate his ideas but for some reason fails in the motivational role.

Time to sod off Ally and take the other two 'wise monkeys' with you. Saving to the club around 1.25M per year.

So has he lost the dressing room? Short answer, No, he never had it to lose.

More worrying than losing the dressing room is that McCoist has us playing football so atrocious that the club is losing the fans and that really is a concern.

McCoist name-calling bingo. Fucking house!

It's like a pathetic wee contest. Who can 'tell it like it is' with the most candour?

Clown, prick, sally.

I've never been so proud to be a Rangers fan as now. Boycotts left, right and centre, tantrums, name-calling, ego driven agendas and so on.

How far we've sunk.

McCoist name-calling bingo. Fucking house!

It's like a pathetic wee contest. Who can 'tell it like it is' with the most candour?

Clown, prick, sally.

I've never been so proud to be a Rangers fan as now. Boycotts left, right and centre, tantrums, name-calling, ego driven agendas and so on.

How far we've sunk.

Points you make are true but fans are hurting and that's ignoring some of the attention seeking clowns on here.

How far have we sunk?? The question should be 'how much further can we sink'? At the rate at which fans are failing to turn up for games we could be heading for Admin2 and, bhoycotters aside, the reason is the sub-standard football. A problem that the current mgmnt team appears incapable of solving.