Ashley could own Rangers within weeks (Telegraph)

pcbear

if mike ashley ends up owning us out right and makes millions off us...i wouldn't have a single fuck to give

AS LONG as he sorts our mess out. runs us properly. gets the team back into the premiership and of course back into europe.

and that is exactly what he'll need to do if he wants to make a profit off us.

just need to wait and see what happens.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember the rule was brought in after Romanov to stop this thing happening in the future, but I guess it's down to a case of how much power the SFA have in life, they aren't the courts or police so they don't really have the power to control people, if someone wanted they could even turn the tables of the SFA and take them to court claiming they are being victimized by the SFA, it prob is a bit of a flimsy case but never the less they could do it.

Some people need to be careful what they wish for

I think we need to take stock for a minute with this. Unlike Whyte and Green we actually know a bit more of Ashley. He has done good by Newcastle on the whole and is a successful businessman with actual assets unlike Whyte.

I said at the beginning he saw Rangers as a vehicle for his Sports Direct brand and to be honest I don't have any issue with it. Unlike the others of the past who wanted to take money directly from Rangers via high salaries, bonuses or shares. I suspect Ashley wants a healthy, stable and profitable Rangers to allow us to get on the field success and therefore provide exposure on the European front for the Sports Direct brand.

For me coming in a sacking a number of employees shows to me they actually know what they are doing with numbers and whilst its not the "nice" thing to do its the right thing to do to run this business correctly and try to get it back in the black. Ashley has a track record of doing unpopular things and whilst this is a risk he obviously sees Rangers being of benefit to his brand but only if its kept afloat therefore I highly doubt he'll make any decisions that risk the club further.

I seriously can't wait for all this to be over!!! I can no longer remember a time where the only thing I was thinking about was the actual football on the park, I really hope this Ashley thing is the end of it all, if he ends up with full control he should be given time to see how he does, I get everyone's worried that he's another Whyte but the fact that he already owns a football club, which is run successfully and with no apparent criminal links should be reason enough just to give him a chance IMO.

if mike ashley ends up owning us out right and makes millions off us...i wouldn't have a single fuck to give

AS LONG as he sorts our mess out. runs us properly. gets the team back into the premiership and of course back into europe.

and that is exactly what he'll need to do if he wants to make a profit off us.

just need to wait and see what happens.

exactly and I echo this

But in doing so in my eyes, this will only lead to a successful Rangers. If his plans are to use us as an advertising wing of Sports Direct and his other business', then surely this can only be done with a Rangers dominant in the Scottish game and having an impact within Europe.

Also he will not let us loose money as we have been doing and will do what is neccessary to make sure we stay afloat and loose this stigma of only ever being a day a way of going out of business once and for all.

Shroud business is the footballing world these days.

SPOT ON !!!

Mike Ashley will want a successful Rangers to promote his companies,surely that's good news considering the fuckin shambles that we are just now with no hope of success as things stand,only admin 2 staring us in the face again..

I've been cautious about Ashley but right now we need a lifeboat cos we're in trouble and our ship is going down.

But in doing so in my eyes, this will only lead to a successful Rangers. If his plans are to use us as an advertising wing of Sports Direct and his other business', then surely this can only be done with a Rangers dominant in the Scottish game and having an impact within Europe.

Also he will not let us loose money as we have been doing and will do what is neccessary to make sure we stay afloat and loose this stigma of only ever being a day a way of going out of business once and for all.

Shroud business is the footballing world these days.

Like David Murray?

We need someone like Ann Budge at Hearts. She has the clubs best interest. Shes came out and stated they wont spend money they dont have, and that she'll hand the club over to the fans once its stabilised.

Hmmm. What planet do you live on. Mike Ashley will run Rangers with one aim only. To make money long term for his sports merchandise business.

He does not care 1 jot for Rangers Football Club. FACT.

We have also been told he does not care 1 jot about Newcastle either, a team which is being well run.

We have also been told he does not care 1 jot about Newcastle either, a team which is being well run.

How do we know its been well run?

Im saying the guys not a good businessman, because hes worth over £1.5 billion. But if you go into a sports direct, you can quite clearly see the business model.

A ruthless businessman who has earned billions running successful busiensses and known for wiping his competition off the face of the earth - I'll have a bit of that.

I don't buy into all the fan ownership stuff. Do we want to be "communityclub" like \St Mirren or Motherwell or do we want to be back running the show in Scotland? When have we ever had a board who actually ocmmuniicated well witht he fan base? Murray was shite at it and as much of a crook as those that have followed him. At least we now have someone with the ability to back us and take us back to where we belong

Vladimir Romanov owned both Hearts and FC Kaunas at the same time and they could have played each other in the Uefa cup during the last decade I can't see how the SFA could block this given what's already gone on.

\No he didn't. UBIG owned the majority of Hearts shares and UBIG was the main sponsor of FBK, they did not own FBK. Vlad's son was the Chairman of the Hearts' Board which Vlad was not a member of. Methinks years of working under the soviets had made Vlad wary of dealing directly.

Vlad was only a minor share holder in UBIG as the ownership of UBIG was spread among relatives and other companies he had controlling interest in. However, everyone know who pulled the strings. This was the reason it took so long for Ann Budge to get hold of the shares in Hearts from the Lithuanian administrations.

I suspect that if/when MA comes in he will use umbrella companies and yes men to hide his involvement. If his name does not appear on any documents how can the SFA object.

\No he didn't. UBIG owned the majority of Hearts shares and UBIG was the main sponsor of FBK, they did not own FBK. Vlad's son was the Chairman of the Hearts' Board which Vlad was not a member of. Methinks years of working under the soviets had made Vlad wary of dealing directly.

Vlad was only a minor share holder in UBIG as the ownership of UBIG was spread among relatives and other companies he had controlling interest in. This was the reason it took so long for Ann Budge to get hold of the shares in Hearts from the Lithuanian administrations.

I suspect that if/when MA comes in he will use umbrella companies and yes men to hide his involvement. If his name does not appear on any documents how can the SFA object.

You must support Hearts. Who else would know that.

Most clubs are branding vehicles for something.. PSG/Barcelona are all about Qatari interests while say Real Madrid/Man City is about UAE companies.

after football is a money game now...big clubs carry big brands ....we are big in our own right