*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

Why should we appoint him ?What he done to deserve the job ? . He sounds good . So did PLG before he came to Rangers . He huge gamble . Can we afford take gamble on him in our current postion ? . People complained when ally became in charge he was not experniced enough . Either is this cathro . So what diffrent about him ?

Were you pished when you bashed this out on your keyboard?

I think king, wether he brings in a manager till the end of the season or sticks with that useless bastard, should give them a remit of introducing the best of our young players to the team thinking of next season promotion or not.

They simply cannot be worse than what we have in the team at present

Big Eck n Alex rae give them a shout

Personally don't get the AR angle.

What are his credentials ?, his footballing ethos ?,apart from being a Rangers fan i don't see anything concrete to merit him being employed by us.

I think with McParland aswell it's a sensible option for rebuilding the football side of the club from the bottom up.

Warburton has all the credentials required imo.and allied to Davie Weir & Frank McParland seem ideal.

Someone with a background of scouting, recruiting and developing youth is essential in our going forward as a progressive modern football club.

McParland through his time at the Liverpool academy is also well qualified in this field.

I don't believe that we're going to see any fundamental change in the football management/coaching regime anytime soon. There will be no 'quick fix' as both King and Murray said during their respective interviews.

All of the statements made on (and since) Friday by King & Co have emphasised the need to be cautious; to take the necessary time and,above all, to take advice and guidance before making the crucial decision.

I suspect they will be content to permit McDowall to continue to the end of the season - including the playoff's - and trust that a miracle will occur and we'll gain promotion. However, I am convinced that they don't believe we'll make it up this year and are preparing for another year in the Championship. I believe that would suit their business plans much better.

I really don't see a new coach/manager in place until the season ends but, hopefully, in place to exploit the summer transfer market and prepare for the pre-season.

In truth the timescale is very tight. If we are to ensure the right appointments/s - particularly taking account of King's very valid points about the need for a seasoned coach, rather than a manager - then we must take the time and care necessary to identify the right person, and the right coaching team. No more knee-jerk reactions - look where that has got us!

I personally believe that another year in the Championship is enivitable (if not desirable) and would, at least, allow us to prepare properly under a new manager/coach for our return to the SPFL.

Warburton has all the credentials required imo.and allied to Davie Weir & Frank McParland seem ideal.

Someone with a background of scouting, recruiting and developing youth is essential in our going forward as a progressive modern football club.

McParland through his time at the Liverpool academy is also well qualified in this field.

There's also a successor plan there if Warburton moves on after a few years and Weir is ready to step up.

This is Rangers you're talking about,

One step at a time.

We seriously need to think long term. Ok maybe not about who the manager would be after the next one but we need to implement a coaching/ playing style that outlasts a head coach/ manager. It works for teams all across Europe.

We need to have all age levels playing he same way so that we can identify and develop players strengths to suit our needs. If our left back gets injured we have an academy left back trained in the same style of play etc.

Personally don't get the AR angle.

What are his credentials ?, his footballing ethos ?,apart from being a Rangers fan i don't see anything concrete to merit him being employed by us.

Nothing more than thats his assistant atm mate hahaha

Why is there an obsession with what a coach has achieved? He's a very highly regarded, forward thinking, progressive, modern football coach. He is exactly the kind of appointment we need to drag our club into the 21st century.

Who is he highly regarded by apart from guessers on here?

Sir Walter on Sky Sports News was asked if he would come back and help out as manager if asked and his reply was "I would do anything i could to help them and I wouldn't rule it out"

Make the call Dave!

Ally back as no 2?

I don't think so. He was just saying he thinks the club need someone in asap in order to get promoted, that he was retired 4 years etc. However if the club asked him he said he couldn't rule it out. Got goosebumps watching it as you could tell how much he still cared about the club. I reckon if we asked him for a 3 month contract he'd do it!

I don't think so. He was just saying he thinks the club need someone in asap in order to get promoted, that he was retired 4 years etc. However if the club asked him he said he couldn't rule it out. Got goosebumps watching it as you could tell how much he still cared about the club. I reckon if we asked him for a 3 month contract he'd do it!

I'd take him for 3 months as long as he doesn't name his successor haha,exactly the type we need to shake these players up short term and would surely mean an end to Boyd in the side

Sir Walter on Sky Sports News was asked if he would come back and help out as manager if asked and his reply was "I would do anything i could to help them and I wouldn't rule it out"

Make the call Dave!

Im not sure he could fix it. Im not saying he's not a good manager but we need a different approach with this team, the ball needs kept on the deck to be able to create chances. We don't have a transfer window to change the personnel and I could hardly imagine him dropping the likes of McCulloch.

Make the call Dave!

(tu)

We can't keep asking him for help, but if he is willing to do it until the Summer then we would be crazy not to take him up on that offer.

Make the call Dave!

He'd definitely give them a boot up the arse but I wonder if he partly feels guilty for the shite football we're seeing. It was he who recommended McCoist.