*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

I think Warburton and Weir will take over here and Cathro will join Liverpool's coaching staff.

Would be a good move for the guy, but not necessarily the right one imo. I think it comes to a point where you have got to out yourself up there for the big jobs and take the reins, instead of the second in command.

Next week. That's what King said.

I don't really think King is involved much in the recruitment process other than giving the final nod when everything is settled. I think Paul Murray and John Gilligan are doing the business in regards to recruitment.

I just can't see the board being as naive to think that McCall and Black will sell season tickets. They want 45,000.

I still think it's gonna be Warbs and Weir.

Cathro in the mix would be amazing.

I have a horrible feeling that Warburton and Weir were supposed to parachute in after promotion and rebuild and the delay now is down to some frantic negotiation on budgets etc.

Fs. Another weekend of wondering.

Tell me about it mate. This is tortuous.

I don't really think King is involved much in the recruitment process other than giving the final nod when everything is settled. I think Paul Murray and John Gilligan are doing the business in regards to recruitment.

You could be right mate but i think King has been more hands on since he arrived in Scotland. Even at that he'll have the heads up as to when an appointment is more likely to happen.

This is fucking doing my head in now. We've had leaks for years and now the biggest managerial decision since le guen left and there is fuck all. It's a good thing i suppose that there's no leaks but it's very frustrating !

Perhaps there's nothing to leak yet.

Would be a good move for the guy, but not necessarily the right one imo. I think it comes to a point where you have got to out yourself up there for the big jobs and take the reins, instead of the second in command.

Normally I'd agree with that, but given that he's only 28 he's still got plenty of time on his side. Another few years gaining experience as a coach under a different manager and in a different league would only be good for his development.

He certainly has an incredible opportunity to become one of the most knowledgable coaches in football.

Barry Ferguson stating in his column in the record that his dream team is Walter and weir. Surprise surprise an ex ranger wanting Walter in charge. It's laughable, Walter has done plenty for us and deserves his retirement. The mentality of some ex players is shocking, it's always going to be "jobs for the boys" with them, they can never see that they times have passed.

Why ? Why does it need to be smith? Weir is doing great with warburton and if warburton gets the job then there is no need whatsoever for Walter to be involved. Stone Age thinking basically saying that it must be a Rangers man. I love Walter as much as the rest of us but the man deserves his peace in his retirement and it's time we moved on from the Rangers men mentality.