Rumour - Lewis Macleod away in January

Bankie Bear

Bearing in mind it tells you on the back page of the sun I find the whole lewis told me myself story untrue. A liar are what you are.

Why don't you just tell us you used a ginger bottle to buy the sun and that's how you found out???

Perhaps Wankie Bear works for the Sun??

So much pish over the past few weeks; Lewis is going to Blackburn or Rotherham and now Brentford............. pish to sell newspapers

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likely scenario... Agent to Lewis Heads up Brentford are sizing up an offer for you, and it is likely to be accepted.

Lewis thinks, shite looks like I am off to Brentford, fuckin depressed he goes out to a bar and talks to the first cunt he meets.

The fact that, even if they win the play offs they are unable, currently, to be promoted as their ground fails on a number of points for criteria for the EPL. They have been punching above their weight so far but may have reached their level as things stand. He may also hang on to see how things develop here and who the new, long term, manager may be. He is still young and he may be wary after the succession of youngsters have left and not enhanced their careers.

Was on the radio in the last couple of days that they're looking at a new stadium.

Don't know how long that would take to put up, though.

Was on the radio in the last couple of days that they're looking at a new stadium.

Don't know how long that would take to put up, though.

Blackpool just managed the one stand between the end of the season and the first game in the EPL. It would be at least 2 years I would imagine from plans to completion. They may look at a groundshare agreement but not many clubs close to them with the right facilities.

Just found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brentford_Community_Stadium

Looks like the 2016/17 season will be the earliest it will be ready.

Blackpool just managed the one stand between the end of the season and the first game in the EPL. It would be at least 2 years I would imagine from plans to completion. They may look at a groundshare agreement but not many clubs close to them with the right facilities.

That sounds reasonable.

Maybe they're reckoning on getting within striking distance this year & building on it next, with new ground & EPL kicking in together?

To be fair they did well to get promoted last year and have kept the momentumgoing, just started to build a decent new wee stadium for 20.000. Maybe Lewis got a taste for the wee grounds we played in last year and likes the look of it.

Average home crowd @ 10.5k - so about the same as Ibrox........

Well it's a statement from Lewis but until its officially announced and agreed by both football clubs then I think it is only fair to have the word 'rumour' in the topic title. I don't like misleading titles on this forum

fair do's.....