Celtic To Donate £10,000 To Ricksen & Mnd Scotland

Gaz52

Are idiots insinuating they want a 10k donation to Nando in aid of a horrific disease to be kept behind the scenes? It's raising awareness and showing more people they should donate. Aye they may have milked it a bit but i do not believe for 1 second this should have been behind the scenes.

Think you're missing the point. The majority of the statement seems to be a self promotion exercise.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I can't understand is why three days after their donation, the story still remains at the top of the BBC Rangers page headline list, and is in fact the only Ricksen-related story on the BBC Rangers page at all.

No mention that Rangers are going to host / have now hosted a huge testimonial, full of big stars, drawing tens of thousands, and raising hundreds of thousands of pounds for charities. Nope, that's not news, cos it doesn't say how good they are.

Is it really asking too much to have some Rangers news on the Rangers page, alongside their publicity stunts?

PS - Thanks for the donation - gracefully accepted. :thumbup:

What I can't understand is why three days after their donation, the story still remains at the top of the BBC Rangers page headline list, and is in fact the only Ricksen-related story on the BBC Rangers page at all.

No mention that Rangers are going to host / have now hosted a huge testimonial, full of big stars, drawing tens of thousands, and raising hundreds of thousands of pounds for charities. Nope, that's not news, cos it doesn't say how good they are.

Is it really asking too much to have some Rangers news on the Rangers page, alongside their publicity stunts?

Im sure you DO understand mate....

Its not hard to work out why is it??

Totally agree with this

Mathew 6:2

“Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others.

Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward".

the donation was a nice touch,although on bus yesterday some tarrier was getting all smug about it to me,then when Gettin off at Bridge Street for train he shouts down bus just make sure they don't keep the money this time,should have chinned the prick but too many witnesses

After yesterday, it seems sad to see such bitterness from some in here. That money will go to a very worthy cause. End of. I for one dont care about anything else, but I do care about Fernando Ricksen and the charities and the good that they do. Anything else is is completely irrelevant.

And still the only headline on their website is the sellic donation. The fact that Rangers fans did their bit to raise money for charity is buried amongst other stories.

So, you donate 10k, you get the limelight and a webpage on the BBC website praising you. Raise in the region of 4-500k and you get a couple of sentences buried in another story.

Weird, that, don't you think?

Wonder how much they'll pay the families of the children that were abused at their club?

Fucking catch a grip of yourself fucking idiot

It's no fucking wonder our support get a bad name when you have scumbags trying to point score and derail a thread regarding a man suffering from a terrible disease, have some respect.

Shameful

Fucking catch a grip of yourself fucking idiot

It's no fucking wonder our support get a bad name when you have scumbags trying to point score and derail a thread regarding a man suffering from a terrible disease, have some respect.

Shameful

Settle down.This is a thread about sellic's donation, so it's likely to be discussed fully, and if people see that donation as cynical, they're right to point that out.

There's another Fernando thread which is free of anything else. Feel free to go there if this one upsets you.

Nice gesture and a lot of money going to a good cause.

'C****c has been a club for all people since its formation and an inherent charitable dimension is something which has characterised our Club from day one'

That statement sounds like it was written by a brown nosing sycophant. They cant help themselves.