The Union Of Fans: Statement

Virtuoso

This for sure, but now they think they are already running the Club. :D

Anyone with any common sense must know, without the u of f................. telling them, that if certain songs/add ons are being sung on a live TV game there will be tims sitting with the sound as loud as they can put up with waiting to be offended doh it is the world we live in unfortunately. :(

Yes they will have the mikes fully turned up and as close to The Rangers supporters as possible at the game too, but the same mikes will be nonexistent at the manky mob's games.......... for sporting integrity of course.

:7325:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This for sure, but now they think they are already running the Club. :D

Anyone with any common sense must know, without the u of f................. telling them, that if certain songs/add ons are being sung on a live TV game there will be tims sitting with the sound as loud as they can put up with waiting to be offended doh it is the world we live in unfortunately. :(

Agree totally,we need to be clever tomorrow.

The beasts from the east will be listening to every song we sing, so lets tell them, "we know what they are", in the same way we told Stan, sensibly but to the point, just leave out the FTP and fenian bastards, for tomorrow at least.

I agree completely with the message.

Probably a good idea to box clever on Friday night.

Stop talking sense, the idiots who think it's okay to ftp and the ira at the expense of Rangers will not like it. We could argue all day about what is appropriate or whether we should stand up to the authorities but the simple fact is the fans behaviour could undo all the good work done by King and Co if their first job is to defend our club against racist or sectarian chants which we all know are outlawed.

You are wrong. As long as our Club takes appropriate measure to combat sectarian singing we won't be penalised. Individuals will, Rangers won't.

But when we get back into Europe the Club will be penalised as we have before. As it stands if you sing "sectarian" songs and are caught you will probably get a criminal record. Is it worth losing your job over? That is up to the individual.

Why did the UOF make this statement though? Their membership is very small and Rangers already made a statement regarding the match. They appear to be full of their own self importance IMO.

I really hope you are right and I agree with the last bit

Utter Scum questioning anyone's behaviour. Are they trying to take the heat of their team.

Are you talking about the board after they released a statement stating it wasn't safe for them to attend Ibrox and then one of them running to the press claiming to have been assaulted by those big bad Rangers fans?

can people not debate the points of the statement rather than go absolutely mental as soon as they see the acronym UoF ?

See if they went to the games, we would listen to them, not go to ibrox stand outside like a bunch of children and singing stupid songs. They lost their voice when they tell people not to go, and then become violent when people go to the games. They are vermin and should not be allowed to talk about Rangers and I hope Llambias bans them from coming back

I'm not a fan of the messengers, but in this case, the message makes sense.

That said, this does make it easier for them when the media question them on the matter.

You can argue that it's just self-interest that motivates them, or you can argue that it makes sense.

Regardless of that, it does make sense. An 18 year old has been charged for singing at Raith, and the police have said there will be special scrutiny at tonight's match.

Box clever. Don't leave yourself open to a criminal record. There's also the PR effect for the Club but media hubbub over any single instance will pass with time, and a criminal record can stay with you and affect your future.

I hope its a good old fashioned sash bash tonight. Canny believe the fuss the medias making over a sing song. All cause of some wife beating bastard kicked up a fuss on Twitter. It's totally beyond me why people give a fuck why we sing at the football. It's not as if we are bottling kids and hospitalising folk

People argue about tradition and handwringers and such. If you want tradition ditch the add ons. The songs came first, the extras came later!

An article from 10 / 12 years ago that is probably more relevant today as it was back then........

Chip, Chip, Chip.

Stop Orangemen from entering your stadium for their annual Church parade and it will go a long way in removing the stigma of you being a sectarian club.

We did it.

Sign a Roman Catholic ,a Scottish/Glaswegian one, and it will go a long way in removing the stigma of you being a sectarian club.

We did it.

Withdraw those Orange tops that were your clubs most successful ever seller, as we think they have sectarian overtones attached to them.

We did it.

Yes, but you have never has a Catholic captain in your side ever.

Step forward Lorenzo Amoruso

We did it.

Yes but you never, ever had a roman catholic on your board at anytime.

Bob Brannan.

We did it.

Yes, but that Simply the Best is sectarian, it'll have to go.

We did it.

Aye, you lot have never ever had a roman catholic manager...

Paul Le Guen.

We did it.

Yes, but you fly flags that are sectarian, like the Union flag.

You say We are the People which is sectarian.

You sing God Save The Queen which is sectarian.

The flag of your country sectarian?

Your display of cards depicting a Union flag and two saltires were akin to a Nuremberg rally.

My nations flag and my country's flag together are Nazi flags now?

I'll be reporting you to my mate Sepp Blatter for singing through the Champions league theme at the start of your matches.

It's an offence now is it?

Rangers players attacked in the street by vermin.

Rangers players homes and cars attacked by vermin.

No arrests.

Rangers players attacked at the Paedo Playground with lighters.

No arrests.

The waving of Union flags and the playing of the Dambusters song is ''Militaristic''

Is it really?In our own country?

Singing ''Rule Britannia'' is sectarian and offensive.

Written by a Scotsman and a song that is British?

If you drop ''Eff Tee Pee'' it will all end at that.

Will it?

You decide.

Chip, Chip, Chip.

Stop Orangemen from entering your stadium for their annual Church parade and it will go a long way in removing the stigma of you being a sectarian club.

We did it.

Sign a Roman Catholic ,a Scottish/Glaswegian one, and it will go a long way in removing the stigma of you being a sectarian club.

We did it.

Withdraw those Orange tops that were your clubs most successful ever seller, as we think they have sectarian overtones attached to them.

We did it.

Yes, but you have never has a Catholic captain in your side ever.

Step forward Lorenzo Amoruso

We did it.

Yes but you never, ever had a roman catholic on your board at anytime.

Bob Brannan.

We did it.

Yes, but that Simply the Best is sectarian, it'll have to go.

We did it.

Aye, you lot have never ever had a roman catholic manager...

Paul Le Guen.

We did it.

Yes, but you fly flags that are sectarian, like the Union flag.

You say We are the People which is sectarian.

You sing God Save The Queen which is sectarian.

The flag of your country sectarian?

Your display of cards depicting a Union flag and two saltires were akin to a Nuremberg rally.

My nations flag and my country's flag together are Nazi flags now?

I'll be reporting you to my mate Sepp Blatter for singing through the Champions league theme at the start of your matches.

It's an offence now is it?

Rangers players attacked in the street by vermin.

Rangers players homes and cars attacked by vermin.

No arrests.

Rangers players attacked at the Paedo Playground with lighters.

No arrests.

The waving of Union flags and the playing of the Dambusters song is ''Militaristic''

Is it really?In our own country?

Singing ''Rule Britannia'' is sectarian and offensive.

Written by a Scotsman and a song that is British?

If you drop ''Eff Tee Pee'' it will all end at that.

Will it?

You decide.

Fantastic post.

Lmao what would the UNION OF FANS know they dont attend games ?

As a RST board member I am part of the UoF & rarely miss a game, proudly travel on a supporters bud every week. Many of the board are the same - rarely miss any game, home, away or abroad.

As for the statement - it is specifically talking about tonights match. Whilst there is a much larger conversation to be had about the outrageous policing in this country, unequal treatment of the Rangers supporters by the media & an adult treatment over what actually is sectarian/offensive. Personally, I fall on the side that they are just songs & there are a lot more pressing issues people could spend their time worrying about.

The spotlight is on the support tonight & I would say it wouldn't be a bad idea to box clever for one night.

Someone can can show me this after a few pints at tonight :crabflute: