Shiels, Murdoch And Law

jafrfc

Since we beat Hibs 2-0 a couple of months ago with these three starting in the middle of the park I've always thought that we should play with this midfield 3 in every game.

McCall shifted the the shape, unnecessarily in my opinion and we moved into a 442 for a few games but I'm glad that he went with this midfield this weekend and hopefully we'll see it throughout the play offs.

We've been overrun too often in midfield this season and with these three guys all playing off each other it allows us to get in and about teams easier and disrupt the flow of play.

Shiels has looked like a new player at times and hopefully it continues.

Have said the same. 3 in the middle has given our best performances and I think all 3 play well in that shape. 4-3-1-2 Is our best formation imo. Let Vuckic sit the number 10 role rather than out wide in a 4-4-2.

Murdoch's discipline & work rate continue to impress me more and more each game, we've found a gem here.

This!

He's a stand out in every game he plays for us, which is a major achievement considering he's playing beside the invisible man.

It'll take a long time to forget the sight of Van Dijk contemptuously shoving Law on his arse like a wee lassie. He looks like Phil Mitchell and tackles like Peggy Mitchell.

Summed it up better than I ever could have.

Law is utter shit has to be the poorest player i've seen in the middle for us he's two yards off every man.

Sheils and Murdoch have done well but we need a real ballwinner in the middle.

Top goalscorer......who'd have said that with Clark (42 goals QOS) Boyd, top SPL scorer all time and Miller........scored against England at Wembley to name a few. He doesn't tackle and needs to fix that side of his game.

Murdoch has been a welcome revelation this season and I wonder how Ally never realised who he had in the youths to come through. I don't remember Ally ever playing him.

Shiels has come good just at the right time and I hope it lasts until the end of the play-offs, longer if possible.

Law does appear to be the weakest link in this three, but he can pop up with the occasional goal every now and again. He just has to be stronger and although he had a mini flush of form when McCall took over, it doesn't have seem to be permanent. He blows hot and cold far to much, so hopefully something can be done about that.

A 3-5-2 should be our fotnation for the play off games, we just havent got the players to play four in the midfield, we always get over run there. With 5 in the midfield we tend to play much better. Wee Murdoch does a brilliant job, it's a very discipline role he has to play and he does it great.