3 Players We Should Look At Signing

The Dude

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May and Wilson would be decent shouts. Don't remember Stevenson, i'd maybe have gone for Allan.

I get the feeling Wilson is either hanging around for his summer move to them. Either that or waiting to see what division we are in which is less likely.

Wilson wont be going to the Taigs. :wink:

I would take may and Scott allan from hibs, Dont want stevenson or Wilson tbh. I would also try and sign Vuckic which will be a bit far fetched but all we can do is try. Having a midfield with Scott allan and Vuckic would be brilliant, a rightback must surely be on the cards, the lower leagues in England would be a good shout.

We leak goals to everyone, so defence must be the priority.

Have to disagree, mate.

If you look at the stats for the games we've lost it appears to be due to a lack of attempts on goal and goals scored.

There's only so long a defence can hold up before a goal inevitably goes in from a cross or a corner or something.

It's not like we're losing games 5-4 or 3-2.

Anyone seen that lad Declan McManus who was league one player of the year? I'm wondering if he's just another Nicky Clark story or if there is potential there. He's turned down a contract extension from Aberdeen so he'd be free if he was any good.

It's going to be really tough for rebuilding this summer. We don't know who will be manager next year, we don't know what funds we have available, we don't know if any other first team players have extension clauses in their contract.

I agree with an earlier point that a central defender, central midfielder and a striker to get a more solid spine is where to start and then add depth and hopefully quality and potential in the other areas.

used to sign Stevenson in 06/07/08 football manager games....bit like Mark Kerr, amazing player on a game but looks very average in the flesh...

Wilson - yes

May - Yes.

Stevenson ....no, Scott Allan? no.....after the way he taunted the enclosure after hivs first goal in the 0-2 game at Ibrox...

If McCall stays in charge I think he'll make a move for Shaun Hutchinson this Summer.

He's been in and out of the Fulham team all year, he's not just proven himself in Scotland, he's excelled and he's somebody who McCall knows and trusts who also happens to play a key position on the park that we need to strengthen.

I doubt we could afford him on a permanent deal, but a loan might not be out of the question.

Have to disagree, mate.

If you look at the stats for the games we've lost it appears to be due to a lack of attempts on goal and goals scored.

There's only so long a defence can hold up before a goal inevitably goes in from a cross or a corner or something.

It's not like we're losing games 5-4 or 3-2.

I disagree with your disagreement. We have been tanked a few times 3-0. But what worries me more is that diddy teams full of painters and handymen have scored when they only had one attack in the entire game. Nothing to do with relentless pressure, but not being able to deal with anyone who runs at our defence. We make numerous chances and miss most - small teams create one chance against us and score.