Paper Throwing...

WATBB

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was planning on taking an origami class, but the amount of security checks and licenses and mental health assesments you have to go thru have put me right off.

:lol::lol::lol:

I know mate, it's frightening the lengths they go to. I got asked when I tried to apply if was on any offenders' list for abusing paper, and had to give certified proof that I now don't buy or read any of the dhirty dhailies, as this would have cost me points.

It was too much in the end, and under doctor's orders, I was advised to take up swimming with great whites as this was more acceptable and would result in less stress.

:uk:

I have no objections to intimidating opposition players by creating a cacophony of noise at Ibrox - in fact I'm all for it.

But throwing projectiles, albeit paper ones, at opposition players to delberately put them off is not the same thing, and I suspect you know that.

Furthermore, the behaviour of other clubs, and their support should not, and should never be, a benchmark for our club.

Ok, happy to clarify that first point.

They're professional footballers, the fact people flinging bits of paper at them affected their concentration so much is pretty baffling to me.

You can take the moral high ground on this issue if you wish but I personally won't look down my nose on fellow bears for backing our team to the hilt and using 'unorthodox' methods to affect the opposition in our biggest game in years.

They're professional footballers, the fact people flinging bits of paper at them affected their concentration so much is pretty baffling to me.

You can take the moral high ground on this issue if you wish but I personally won't look down my nose on fellow bears for backing our team to the hilt and using 'unorthodox' methods to affect the opposition in our biggest game in years.

Im not taking any moral high ground - WATBB asked our opinion of it and I gave an answer.

Furthermore what is youre interpretation of a "handwringer"?

The paper thing was childish but not something I'm that arsed about.

The not returning the ball thing gets on my tits though.

The paper issue that really bemused me was that which Dave King held in his hand all game? If it was a team sheet, this suggests he doesn't know our players. Odd.

Are you saying it wouldn't put you off your job if someone was chucking paper at you all day?

The paper issue that really bemused me was that which Dave King held in his hand all game? If it was a team sheet, this suggests he doesn't know our players. Odd.

Come on the ball always got returned when the second ball came into play.

Most hospitality boxes give you a team sheet on your seat or table

So we we aren't allowed our juice in paper cups anymore what's next each seat gets a big straw with the coke pumped in :D

Whit!!!! No-one had better try to pump their coke into me. However if it is the type that is powdery, white, chopped into a neat line then maybe. :)

Actually thought the paper throwing was funny for about the first 5 mins but cringey after that.

A release of tension from a generally downtrodden support. Inappropriate but understandable considering the apprehension.

Pretty sure it won't be endemic.

To be fair the guy on the TV looked like he was doing it for nothing more than a laugh.

I was offended

I was in ikea earlier and bumped into a Hibby pal who was quite irate about the player getting hit by paper, he said the ref should have taken the players off the park until it was sorted out. Mentalist, he said it stopped any momentum hibs had with the game stopping, after pointing out this was a normal thing when the ball went out for a corner for the game to stop he said "I but" then went on to say there coukd have been a bottle wrapped in the paper and hurt the player. I said he was a trumpet he said " you couldnt guarantee there would only be paper" after laughing and my Mrs saying to him that every corner was a great corner the feckin looney said to her that " he agreed but the Hibs players couldnt attack the cross as they may have headed a bottle."

I left them talking just as the Mrs asked how many shots did Hibs have at Rangers goal and him saying" Cummings had one eye on the crowd and one on the ball when he never connected with a cross in the first half". The thing is this guy has the highest job you can get in the North Sea oil rigs so he isnt daft, just stupid.