Can We Go Up Next Year?

G.E.C.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely impossible to say. It'll be a completely different squad and likely to be a different Management team.

One thing is it won't be easy. Look how long it took Hibs to get going at the start of this Season in a very similar position.

Folk think it will be easy, they said it last season.

Thing is if half the team are for the off and we need to bring in new players it will not all click.

It's anyone's guess how things will go, King especially has a key role to play. He has to invest

Absolutely impossible to say. It'll be a completely different squad and likely to be a different Management team.

One thing is it won't be easy. Look how long it took Hibs to get going at the start of this Season in a very similar position.

Have to agree and it'll be harder for us as they didn't completely build a new team like we will have to. We need a miracle for us to hit the ground running.

Have to agree and it'll be harder for us as they didn't completely build a new team like we will have to. We need a miracle for us to hit the ground running.

That is what a lot of folk don't understand. We clearly weren't good enough this year, and yet people assume that losing a load of our players will automatically make us better. It won't. Not at all, due to the fact we don't have any money to spend.

That is what a lot of folk don't understand. We clearly weren't good enough this year, and yet people assume that losing a load of our players will automatically make us better. It won't. Not at all, due to the fact we don't have any money to spend.

It will automatically make us better, miles better.

This season has shown us the worst Rangers team in our history, so losing a load of these freeloaders can only be an improvement.

Thank f*** their contracts are up, as that means we get rid of the lot in one go.

Can't call that just now as we don't know what squad/manager we will have. I'll be expected us and HIbs to be up there again. QotS and Falkirk to be in about the playoffs again. Not sure what St Mirren are like but they will probably be in the mix too.

I think we will end up keeping a few players that should go. Purely because we need numbers, make no mistake, we find ourselves in the same position as we did going into Div 3, whole new squad needed, and no time to do it in, only this time we need a manager as well.

My heart says W&W and a new squad, my head says it will be McCall and around 50% of the current squad and 50% new. :(

Crucial time now. The board have to move quick to appoint a manager, pretty sure it won't be McCall though.

A good appointment and good signings that we can get behind then yes we will have a good shout of winning the league.

Just can't stomach another play off battle next year.

Can we go up next year? That very question would rightfully have been sniggered at this time last year, serious question though, these Play-Offs are a boot in the balls for the Champ team who doesn't go up, feels like the whole season was pointless

Can we go up next year? That very question would rightfully have been sniggered at this time last year, serious question though, these Play-Offs are a boot in the balls for the Champ team who doesn't go up, feels like the whole season was pointless

No it wasn't. With Super at the helm I knew we would struggle to get back to the top. He assembled a highly paid pile of shit and we have been dire.

I have the distinct impression that SMC will be given another year. Not going up means less money so paying him and Black around 150k is probably easier than shelling out 700k plus.

He had already mentioned scouting out prospects so it will be interesting to see who he has in mind.

I see Hibs being the strongest challengers but not like Hearts and therefore I think we will win the league but it will be close

No it wasn't. With Super at the helm I knew we would struggle to get back to the top. He assembled a highly paid pile of shit and we have been dire.

I think even the biggest of critics would have struggled to comprehend that we couldn't get up via the Play-Offs at least, i get that there will be some but the vast majority would have thought we could at least get up by default of the other teams being crap