Can We Go Up Next Year?

G.E.C.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We weren't really deserving of promotion this season, performances on the park weren't convincing apart from a handful of games. But in football there's always another season which will come around quickly and no point dwelling on this season.

Now hopefully the boardroom mess which dogged us for 2 1/2 years is behind us we can move forward with a bit of investment , a new management team and a root and branch overhaul of the playing staff.

If King and co take the correct steps, the clusterfuck that was this season will become a distant memory.

The fact that (hopefully) we'll be starting with a brand new squad & management team means that we'll likely take a few weeks to gel as a team, quite probably giving teams like Hivs & St Midden an opportunity to open up a gap from the start.

We need to get our act together as soon as possible to minimise that gap as I don't think it'll be easy to recover from a poor start, as this season has shown.

Ideally we should already have an idea of who's coming in as manager and what players he's likely to bring.

I know emotions are running high right now, understandably, but I think alot of people are getting a bit carried away with how good hibs are going to be next season. This is arguably the worst Rangers team in history and we've beaten them twice out of the last 3 games. They've already lost a couple of players and it's a possibility they will lose their best guy in the window aswell. They are also facing another year in this division with lesser finances so I don't see them spending much in the summer either. With the right manager in place soon, a clear plan on how we want to play and success in finding players able to play in that system there's no reason next season can't be a positive one. I know that seems like a lot to ask for right now, but I honestly believe if we get the key decision on who gets the managers job right we might just start the season with excitement and anticipation. The right managerial appointment along with one or two players who get the fans excited about watching football again and hopefully the St sales will be a decent number. The chance to perhaps see a young, vibrant, attack minded winning team will hopefully put bums on seats.

I will probably get pellets for trying to put a positive spin on things but we don't really have any other choice.

All it takes is every Bear to get behind whatever team we have next year. No glory hunters, no boardroom politics, no negativity, we've had enough of that shit. We just need the support to be unified and turn up and roar the team on. Admitted, I'm and old cunt who remembers the 80,000 crowds who turned up at the 'Brox to roar the boys on to glory. No cunt even knew who the board were then. It's immaterial, we are fans of the 11 men who run out onto the pitch. No club has an unfettered right to success, but the support has a massive effect on team performance and we are integral to the success on the pitch. Let's fuckin do it.

This has possibly been the most disappointing football day I can remember but we must move on.

I'm not sure about SMC as manager next season , we failed to get promotion but he was forced to work with a lot of dead wood.

I'm unsure in regard to Dave King as well, I hoped he would have bought out all the Ashley contracts by now but he hasnt.

This is not a good time...

Insider, stay fuckin cool. Watch my posts(not many!!) but I know what we need. As a young boy (11yo) Ibrox was my home. Went for years, to this day I could cry when I think of Ibrox, it is my my second home. Love the Rangers as my family. Since 1872 we have been strong, and still relevant today. I could go for ever but I won't bother you with that. Just keep turning up and be proud. Go on son.

Of course we can. On paper we should romp the league but as we seen this year, the league is played on the pitch and not on paper.

It'll be tough but if we get the right manager, players and staff in then there is no reason why we shouldn't win it.

We need investment. We are on our erse!

All it takes is every Bear to get behind whatever team we have next year. No glory hunters, no boardroom politics, no negativity, we've had enough of that shit. We just need the support to be unified and turn up and roar the team on. Admitted, I'm and old cunt who remembers the 80,000 crowds who turned up at the 'Brox to roar the boys on to glory. No cunt even knew who the board were then. It's immaterial, we are fans of the 11 men who run out onto the pitch. No club has an unfettered right to success, but the support has a massive effect on team performance and we are integral to the success on the pitch. Let's fuckin do it.

Boycotters aside, we did and look where that got us!

Ideally we should already have an idea of who's coming in as manager and what players he's likely to bring.

You'd hope so but I'm sorry to say I don't have much faith that King has planned that far ahead. Think back to around the EGM when Llambias asked about whether he had a NOMAD in place. I'm just not convinced that he's thought it all out as much as he should.

Could be wrong but if it's not to be McCall, the board ought to have given him their thanks today and moved right on.

Hibs are a season ahead of us team wise, they resigned fyfie on a 2 year deal & they signed a Hearts player who will have a full summer & preseason to settle in, We have a massive job to do & the sooner a new management team is in place the better, we could struggle again next season that's the reality.

Who knows. Hibs done well last year and Stubbs built a team good enough for 2nd in one summer.

Hearts built a good team on the youth boys they had but they were all together in the SPL too.

I hope we get someone in next year who doesn't shite it to sack half the first team and play younger talented boys.

I want the young GK we have to play, Kelly or McCrorrie

Hibs will come out the trap running next season and we need to be along side them so a new manager and about 60% of this squad needs replacing and done early enough to allow the team to get a feel for each other and the awareness thats been missing this year. Its going to take sums of money and in many ways we need to buy our way out of this but spending the cash wisely and not on "Rangers men" as none exist anymore at the age, skill and commitment that we need.

Course we can go up but we need to be ready!

I'd say 80% of the squad needs replaced.