11 Players Released

Although he was shite in the last game, I thought Shiels was coming onto a decent run of form in his new midfield role. Another player that Ally didn't have a clue how to get the best out of.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching Rangers for 60 years and this lot is the worst I've ever seen. Where was the pride in wearing the jersey as in the days of yore. These wasters put money above the pride of playing for The Rangers and for me they deserve no thanks. I very much hope the daylate rhebel has got this one right, but for me, it's not enough, there are more players that I would get rid of. We are at the position we were 3 years ago, so what a total waste of time and money that has turned out to be.

It is only the start. These are the guys out of conrtract who we can automatically get rid of. Beyond that, I think we will also look to offload some of the others (if we cna find clubs daft enough to take them) or possibly agree deals to release them.

It is a damning but accurate assessment you make though of your 60 years supporting the club that it is the worst team we have ever seen. They have been complete imposters form the off and hopefully we cna start to close this sorry chapter in our history by brining in new players and management befitting of this fgreat club

I would imagine the club haven't made any statement or decision on the players at this point, unless they have a manager in place who has given the green light on this.

I wasn't sure Stuart McCall would have the tools to do the job and i have to say i was hugely disappointed in the choice of bringing Lee McCulloch back in over the last couple of games.

Also the choice of a 442 where the first game showed they would press back on our full backs pinning us in, he should have went 352 and played higher up the park.

No surprise if true. Kenny Miller?

This suggests the manager to be has already run the rule over them.

We should also be open to offers for some in-contract players in the weeks ahead.

Did his appearance count towards the end of the season not trigger an extension to his contract? He'll be on big wages which no one else would pay so will stick around so that he can afford his sunbed bills.

So only 3 starters from Sunday have been binned - take away the 2 loanees and we still have 6 of that lot from Sunday who will be with us next season - way, way short of the type of clearout that is required.

Others mentioned - it's down to having offered big contracts to the others. Unless another club comes in offering them as much salary as they're getting from Rangers, they're going to stick it out. Another season of Rangers in the Championship on their cv may not be what they want if they aspire to better things but money's money.

About £70k - £80k per week FS!

Is that how much is being freed up by letting them go? When the club's reported to be losing up to £1m a month, that's a piss in the ocean but it helps.

Would be delighted to see them all go but as others have said I don't think their contracts actually run out till end of June so don't think it's set in stone yet.

No damage done if the club announces that their contracts won't be renewed; it's just like giving your notice. They could mutually agree that there's no need for the players to turn up for 'work' and that they're free to look elsewhere. They'll get paid up to the end of their contracts - just like Ally and McDowell

Think Big Jig, although we all massively criticized, should get praise from us all......the big man played the captains role when the judas Davis dumped us....... He stuck with us and should be given freedom of the brox in my eyes !

Think Big Jig, although we all massively criticized, should get praise from us all......the big man played the captains role when the judas Davis dumped us....... He stuck with us and should be given freedom of the brox in my eyes !

I'm pretty sure if mcculloch was in his mid twenties 3 years ago and had a good chance of a deal in the EPL he wouldn't have stayed on. He's been paid way over the odds (as most have) for the level we've been playing at. He's no legend in my eyes.

I'm pretty sure if mcculloch was in his mid twenties 3 years ago and had a good chance of a deal in the EPL he wouldn't have stayed on. He's been paid way over the odds (as most have) for the level we've been playing at. He's no legend in my eyes.

Damned if you do...springs to mind.

I'm hoping this is official, would have thought the club would have released a statement thanking the players concerned for securing our position in the championship.

Dying to unzip and pull the heid aff it tbh but I'm feart that they renew one of their contracts!

exactly this

too many people taking the record's word for it. Absolutely fucking certain to see some of these cunts handed extensions. havent seen the last of them all, i'd bet on it.

If Motherwell had given him the money he wanted he wouldn`t have been with us.

exactly this

too many people taking the record's word for it. Absolutely fucking certain to see some of these cunts handed extensions. havent seen the last of them all, i'd bet on it.

I'm sure that happened with Andy Little, left after our demotion then signed a few weeks later.

Shiting myself that a new manager would want to keep McCulloch on as experience etc.

I'm sure that happened with Andy Little, left after our demotion then signed a few weeks later.

Shiting myself that a new manager would want to keep McCulloch on as experience etc.

"He has Rangers in his veins, and will give us that extra passion we need within our backroom staff"

Can see it now.

Hope he just fucks off with the rest of those cunts.

"He has Rangers in his veins, and will give us that extra passion we need within our backroom staff"

Can see it now.

Hope he just fucks off with the rest of those cunts.

No doubt printed on the back pages of that courageous journalustic paper

Meanwhile the front pages they tear into us again

No doubt printed on the back pages of that courageous journalustic paper

Meanwhile the front pages they tear into us again

oh bet your fucking bottom dollar on it mate. We will be cunts for letting him go and casting a "legend" into the abyss.

how about this for a statement:

"Rangers have today released 11 cunts who have been kidding on for the last fuck knows how long that they are actually footballers. We'd get rid of more, but unfortunately some are tied to contracts, but rest assured the others who remain with us yet surplus to requirement will be seeing absolutely fucking no fitba at rangers ever again, because they are a collective bag of fucking rags"

Sick of this shit. And fucking dreading the appointment of a new manager. No doubt it will be McInnes, another fucking "Rangers man" who will preside over another season of mediocrity as an utterly unambitious and mediocre "crowd pleaser" appointment.

"but hes a rangers man"

FUCKS sake.

Rangers released 11 players on May 31. Farewell – and not necessarily a fond one – to Steve Simonsen, Lee Robinson, Lee McCulloch, Bilel Mohsni, Steven Smith, Jon Daly, Ian Black, Richard Foster, Kyle Hutton, Kris Boyd and Sebastien Faure.

Old Bill Struth got it wrong. There are some Rangers players who have failed in the traditions set them, even though some of the departed are more culpable than others.

In the next 10 days Rangers will outline a programme of reform that will include season-ticket packages for another campaign in the Championship and, if they get their man this week, the

presentation of a new boss.

He didn't. If they failed, they were never Rangers players.