11 Players Released

I don't care about ten of the eleven, bit I think McCullouch deserved better than being quietly released like he has been.

Putting personal thoughts on him to the side, you can't deny that he's a player who's made a big contribution to the club over the last decade - eight years service, nearly 300 apperances and spending the past the past three years as our captain.

I know this won't be a popular post but I don't really care. Some sort of acknowledgement that a player with that level of service behind him is leaving is the type of classy and dignified way I would hope the club would act, even if I'm not the biggest fan of McCulloch as a player.

(tu)

As long as he is away :D

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The likes of the painter and decorator barely deserve a large door hitting them square in the arse as they're booted out for the final time, much less any thanks from Rangers supporters.

A horrible little bastard who should have been given his jotters the day he decided to bet against the club he was playing for; moreover he should be thankful anyone was ever remotely stupid enough to let to play for a team like Rangers.

Half these wallopers have failed in getting us out of the second tier of an ever decreasing standard of Scottish football; all the while being payed as the second highest earners in the country by a long chalk. They'll be getting fuck all praise from me whilst they manfully negotiated two part time leagues, batling against posties and the local plod.

On huge (relative) wages and being utter mince would have been bad enough, however, the fact half of them have sauntered through these last three years not looking like (and sometimes admitting) they couldn't give a flying fuck is the final kick in the tea-towel holder for me.

Fair enough I can see that side of it aswell. A select few of them may have tried their hardest and I can appreciate that a lot of them weren't good enough. But I refuse to believe they are as shite as they played this year. They are all supposedly professional footballers and the majority have had successful careers.

I would say the players and management are both to blame. Unfortunately in my mind the players that played this year will be forever tainted by their contribution to the worst season in our history

Hard to swallow and to understand, but they were that bad. For what reason I don't know. Some in the likes of Boyd were just past it.

I wouldn't give any of them a second chance, as you just couldn't trust them and the the one thing we need next season is consistency, with the ability to take us up at the first time of asking and that will take significant investment and a manager who as an eye for a player that also possesses the right attitude.

We may not have quality to be the Rangers of old when you could literally guarantee a win week in week out in the top league, but we should be well capable of doing so in this league, rather like Hertz done I may say and better. We at least with our financial clout be able to achieve this.

I don't care about ten of the eleven, bit I think McCulloch deserved better than being quietly released like he has been.

Putting personal thoughts on him to the side, you can't deny that he's a player who's made a big contribution to the club over the last decade - eight years service, nearly 300 appearances and spending the past three years as our captain.

I know this won't be a popular post but I don't really care. Some sort of acknowledgement that a player with that level of service behind him is leaving is the type of classy and dignified way I would hope the club would act, even if I'm not the biggest fan of McCulloch as a player.

Agree with that.

Was part of the three title winning teams and was a vital part of the team that got to the UEFA cup final and that fantastic season.

He stuck around when others fled, deserves the utmost respect.

Do we even know yet that this is official?

The champagne is on ice but dare I drink it yet?

all their contracts were up at 31st may so i dont see where a statement is neccessary unless we had decided to renew anyone which i highly unlikely there is also a few players whoes contract expires on 30th june

I don't care about ten of the eleven, bit I think McCulloch deserved better than being quietly released like he has been.

Putting personal thoughts on him to the side, you can't deny that he's a player who's made a big contribution to the club over the last decade - eight years service, nearly 300 appearances and spending the past three years as our captain.

Aye you'd expect it, not been happy with the lack of response from the club, poor from them again.

all their contracts were up at 31st may so i dont see where a statement is neccessary unless we had decided to renew anyone which i highly unlikely there is also a few players whoes contract expires on 30th june

I think if 10 players are off then it would definitely deserve a statement...

Well said.

McCulloch deserved better than his departure being confirmed by King's "yes, they're gone" comment. He deserves more than to be categorised with the likes of Faure and co.

I also don't understand why there was no official statement by the club when all eleven first team players' contracts expired and they moved on. There was an article on the website to inform us that five youth players had left, but nothing about 50% of our entire first team.

What the fuck?

McCulloch deserved better than his departure being confirmed by King's "yes, they're gone" comment. He deserves more than to be categorised with the likes of Faure and co.

I also don't understand why there was no official statement by the club when all eleven first team players' contracts expired and they moved on. There was an article on the website to inform us that five youth players had left, but nothing about 50% of our entire first team.

What the fuck?

What the fuck?

What the fuck?

I had thought that they might have wanted to avoid an announcement re some sort of mass exodus, which probably would have been spun by the usual vermin, despite it clearly being a more than positive thing for the club.

That, or any potential new manager wanting (heaven forbid) to renew the contracts of some of the mince.

The announcement about the youth when we were receiving less than no updates was really odd, given the fact eleven first team 'quality' players were shown the back door.

What the fuck?

I agree. This year was a bitter disappointment and I'm glad to see the back of these guys including Jig but he did deserve better than this.