Dave King Press Conference.

simon

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all that talk about a name not in the public I'm shitting it might be him now.

I'm still confident/hopeful it's going to be Warburton. The bookies hardly ever get it wrong when it comes to things like managers.

I do wish there were some other candidates on that list though. To go back to McCall would be dissapointing after all this talk of a new era and the way his tenure ended, Mulensteen would be dissapointing, Cathro is a complete novice & I although I'm not convinced he's actually a real candidate, I don't think Periera is a good fit for where we are just now either (which is maybe harsh of me to say considering I wanted Bob Bradley to be considered).

I knew it wouldn't be a perfect list, but at this point I'm really hoping it's Warburton, more so than I was a week or so ago.

I'm still confident/hopeful it's going to be Warburton. The bookies hardly ever get it wrong when it comes to things like managers.

I do wish there were some other candidates on that list though. To go back to McCall would be dissapointing after all this talk of a new era and the way his tenure ended, Mulensteen would be dissapointing, Cathro is a complete novice & I although I'm not convinced he's actually a real candidate, I don't think Periera is a good fit for where we are just now either (which is maybe harsh of me to say considering I wanted Bob Bradley to be considered).

I knew it wouldn't be a perfect list, but at this point I'm really hoping it's Warburton, more so than I was a week or so ago.

Bob Bradley would be a decent shout actually. Although he couldn't be allowed to sign his son.

Same here.

Warburton, despite his lack of experience would be a massive coup IMO.

Bob Bradley would be a decent shout actually. Although he couldn't be allowed to sign his son.

Even at the height of our spending I don't think we could have afforded his son. :(

I was saying to DJW the other day that I was stunned he had to take a job in Norway to get a break in Europe. He did an excellent job with the USA and although it shouldn't really be a factor you would think that with so many clubs looking to break into the US market too you would think that would only add to the appeal.

Him and Solskjaer would have been excellent candidates for the job.

Same here.

Warburton, despite his lack of experience would be a massive coup IMO.

Agreed.

He'd be a good coup, even more so considering where we are. He seems like a really dignified, intelligent guy and his teams play really exciting football too which I don't think anybody will complain about (until we lose a game at least :lol: )

Over the past year or so I've always held up celtic only managing to get a nobody from Norway as an example as to why we wouldn't get the calibre of manager that we could have five or ten years ago, but if we get Warburton then I'll be delighted to have been totally wrong with regards to my theory :D

One thing is for sure, he does have a figure in mind. It makes sense that if fans and other income streams don't come across fully, then the pot has to be topped up by investors. At this point the figure in his head is £20m rising to £30m after promotion.

He's a bit light on the details but this time next week we will have a manager, who will have a budget. Progress.

He said they had a shortlist of 3 at the NARSA convention which has now jumped up to 5

Also said at the convention and on the BBC story that the appointment would be made this week.

The point I was making is that King said something clearly different today in his press conference regarding the managerial situation.

If you read between the lines the answer is Mini, King or both have made an arse of it and are buying time to find someone. Hope to be proved wrong though and they get it right.

If someone could provide a direct quote from Murray to dissect I'd be more than happy to oblige.

:lol: So Gilligan telling his RST bum chums we would have a full investment plan in place before ST renewals were out is splitting hairs as well.

The nuggets are just telling us what we want to hear when they its a load of bull, different face in the Blazers but just the same bullshit.

:lol: So Gilligan telling his RST bum chums we would have a full investment plan in place before ST renewals were out is splitting hairs as well.

The nuggets are just telling us what we want to hear when they its a load of bull, different face in the Blazers but just the same bullshit.

We must do everything necessary to make sure Rangers wins the Championship title at the end of this coming season and I, along with other investors, will provide the finances to support the manager in this objective. Figures will be included in the season-ticket letters.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9432-chairman-launches-season-ticket-renewals

Bloody sound bites. :pipe: