Dave King Press Conference.

simon

I think it would be foolish to give a specified figure. If you have a pot of x pounds and other teams are aware of it they will always continue to drive the price up. Providing substantial investment is made, which I think and hope it will, that's all that matters.

Should've read this before my second last post.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the soundbites from NARSA that all the king and mini fans were proclaiming as prgress and promising words were in actual fact utter bollocks

I've no idea what anyone was saying about them, I've not really been on much the last few days, but aye. Total bollocks. He did say they were working on it and speaking with candidates but no date was set for an announcement.

Saying well overinvest does the same thing . We need answers . To me he seems desperate to get the season ticket money in so that he doesnt need to pay much at all !!!

not at all. The talk was about investing to win the championship, to which he said that over-investment was needed as the players would need to be able to compete in the SPL.

It would be foolish to say an exact figure.

He would be letting clubs have the opportunity to knock back bids, and ask for more if they knew how much we were going to spend.

Have you watched it mate, he was far too vague for my liking. But it will be interesting to see the figures he puts out with the season ticket letters. (tu)

No appointment this week, McCall working with the Scotland squad this week...I think this is what is delaying the announcement and Stuart will get the job. He got a group of importers to the playoffs, with a bit of backing both financially and from the fans he will have us back where we belong. WATP.

If you read between the lines the answer is Mini, King or both have made an arse of it and are buying time to find someone. Hope to be proved wrong though and they get it right.

Or maybe someone is thinking over the job offer and he is undecided as yet

No appointment this week, McCall working with the Scotland squad this week...I think this is what is delaying the announcement and Stuart will get the job. He got a group of importers to the playoffs, with a bit of backing both financially and from the fans he will have us back where we belong. WATP.

Sadly ,you are probably not wrong there with that

So who's lying King says he doesn't know what investment will be needed and Gilligan is saying it will be a costed plan.

Where did DK say that mate? Not sure why you think they are lying. The figures will be in the ST letters. When you see that then you can decide if anyone lied.

Anyone summarise this up for me?

Just had the chance to watch it in full. From what I can remember, trying to be as diplomatic as possible and paraphrasing on a few so don't take everything literally, I got the following:

5 realistic candidates for managerial position. Hope to have an appointment by next week. No favourite.

Some potential managers have ruled themselves out based on failure to gain promotion to SPFL.

McCall still a candidate. Failure to gain promotion will not be held against him.

No definitive figures given but we will do everything we can to gain promotion. Over invest if need be, and speed up the process if need be.

Not looking for stop gap signings. Looking for players who can play SPFL next season, not just championship.

Potential players to sign have been noted down with assistance from current and ex employees/managers/players. Need to get manager in though to make any decisions.

Looking for team to comfortably win Championship.

No Director of Football required at this time.

All 11 players out of contract have been released.

Ally contract still being honoured.

Hopes to sell out season tickets. Would bring in around 12-13 million.

Meeting in London on Friday regarding listing. Process could be 3-4 months in his opinion.

Investment on team would be dependent on season ticket sales/sports direct contract discussions. If less season tickets sold, more would be invested. If all sold out less would be invested.

Expects to run at a loss in the short term due to situation ie player overhaul, managerial situation, sports direct contracts, no scouting, infrastructure, in place etc but by 3 years looking for club to be stabilised.

Looking for fan investment.

No further forward with Sports Direct.

To paraphrase if we were clear at the top come December no need to heavily invest in January transfer window. If we were not top however we would invest more to ensure promotion.

As a fan King would rather be in SPFL. However, Championship gives us 3 transfer windows to get it right and challenge in SPFL.

Doesn't expect to make money out of this.

Claims not to have heard of Mark Wotte.

My view:

I can understand people being underwhelmed, and I can also understand people being positive. Lots of nice things said but not a lot of substance, or clear concise plans revealed. I'm sure we can all argue them in finer detail 'till the cows come home and I'm sure many will, but quite simply, IMO, the next few weeks will be defining. A new manager and the rebuild of our squad should be well on the way, and dependent on who we get in, and what type of investment is being made we will truly know what our future holds, and whether this Board really are all they are made up to be.

The time for talking is almost over, and there will be no more places to hide. If, in the next 2-4 weeks, we have a new manager of a respectable calibre in place, players of a significantly higher level, and clear plans given about scouting, infrastructure, etc then I for one will be a lot more satisfied. And I think quite frankly, this is what we all want. Let's hope we get it.............

Where did DK say that mate? Not sure why you think they are lying. The figures will be in the ST letters. When you see that then you can decide if anyone lied.

Why are we only seeing these figures when it is needed for them to flog ST's ?

King was never shy at putting figures on investment before he got in. Ever since he's been dodging like feck. Now we're waiting on ST letters. Then it'll be waiting on ST sales figures.

I wouldn't put a ha'penny in til King ponies up. He's not weaseling out on his big talk.

King was never shy at putting figures on investment before he got in. Ever since he's been dodging like feck. Now we're waiting on ST letters. Then it'll be waiting on ST sales figures.

I wouldn't put a ha'penny in til King ponies up. He's not weaseling out on his big talk.

So its all on Dave King to fund Rangers?

Whatever figures you want to spit out we need to be buying season tickets, end of.

Just had the chance to watch it in full. From what I can remember, trying to be as diplomatic as possible and paraphrasing on a few so don't take everything literally, I got the following:

5 realistic candidates for managerial position. Hope to have an appointment by next week. No favourite.

Some potential managers have ruled themselves out based on failure to gain promotion to SPFL.

McCall still a candidate. Failure to gain promotion will not be held against him.

No definitive figures given but we will do everything we can to gain promotion. Over invest if need be, and speed up the process if need be.

Not looking for stop gap signings. Looking for players who can play SPFL next season, not just championship.

Potential players to sign have been noted down with assistance from current and ex employees/managers/players. Need to get manager in though to make any decisions.

Looking for team to comfortably win Championship.

No Director of Football required at this time.

All 11 players out of contract have been released.

Ally contract still being honoured.

Hopes to sell out season tickets. Would bring in around 12-13 million.

Meeting in London on Friday regarding listing. Process could be 3-4 months in his opinion.

Investment on team would be dependent on season ticket sales/sports direct contract discussions. If less season tickets sold, more would be invested. If all sold out less would be invested.

Expects to run at a loss in the short term due to situation ie player overhaul, managerial situation, sports direct contracts, no scouting, infrastructure, in place etc but by 3 years looking for club to be stabilised.

Looking for fan investment.

No further forward with Sports Direct.

To paraphrase if we were clear at the top come December no need to heavily invest in January transfer window. If we were not top however we would invest more to ensure promotion.

As a fan King would rather be in SPFL. However, Championship gives us 3 transfer windows to get it right and challenge in SPFL.

Doesn't expect to make money out of this.

Claims not to have heard of Mark Wotte.

My view:

I can understand people being underwhelmed, and I can also understand people being positive. Lots of nice things said but not a lot of substance, or clear concise plans revealed. I'm sure we can all argue them in finer detail 'till the cows come home and I'm sure many will, but quite simply, IMO, the next few weeks will be defining. A new manager and the rebuild of our squad should be well on the way, and dependent on who we get in, and what type of investment is being made we will truly know what our future holds, and whether this Board really are all they are made up to be.

The time for talking is almost over, and there will be no more places to hide. If, in the next 2-4 weeks, we have a new manager of a respectable calibre in place, players of a significantly higher level, and clear plans given about scouting, infrastructure, etc then I for one will be a lot more satisfied. And I think quite frankly, this is what we all want. Let's hope we get it.............

Thanks for the post, mate.

Im guessing it would have been in a season where we werent contracted to Sports Direct retail or in the lower leagues of Scottish football.

Then again, that would be far too sensible of a statement for this forum.

He didn't say we were selling that amount last year though mate, he said previously and there is a good chance we were to be fair.

I assume the figures will be in the ST letters so people can judge for themselves if they want to renew.

You keep fighting the good fight though mate.

That wouldn't be popular amongst most fans I'd imagine.

Well that makes most fans out of touch with reality. In a league where we are not guaranteed the riches of the champions league, a league that generates very little sponsorship/tv money in relative terms what is to stop us ending up in dire circumstances in a further 20 years time? If we can be self-sustainable, we're only damaging our own future.

I don't get all this "...lets not pay back the £5m loan..."

They are multi-millionaires, why can't we just pay it and remove Ashley from Rangers, to be honest we are lucky he is not saying,

"....all those naming rights, trademarks etc...i'll have £20m back for them..."

I would just pay the man and be done with it, but why does no-one actually want to invest in Rangers, all these loans, Roman Abramovich is not 'loaning' Chelsea his millions, he is investing in the good of the club and its working marvellous. :uk:

Abramovich is not spending his own cash by the way. Hes using his name as leverage for the money thats been spent. He will end up selling Chelsea one day.