Dave King Press Conference.

simon

I can't even begin to describe how dissapointed I would be if a journeyman veteran like that ended up with the job.

same mate, im not basing it on anything other than the South Africa connection and the fact he quit his job over there last week.

hopefully 2 and 2 equalling 5 (tu)

edit: i just googled "dave king stuart baxter" and a link to Stewart Weirs twitter came up and he is saying Baxter is one of the ones who pulled out the running when we didnt get promoted.

i think he quit his job a few days after the 2nd leg though, hopefully nothing in it

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King's comments re: Mark Wotte were very disrespectful, same with his comments before the Hibs game at Ibrox about not having seen any of Rangers under Stuart McCall because he had been in South Africa ? I am pretty sure he can afford a Rangers Tv subscription. Not really taking to the guy on a personal level if truth be told.

How has he

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=284035

My mate is out at the NARSA convention. Some interesting info coming out from there.

David Robertson says Sarver is still very interested in Rangers. Thinks they're a great investment opportunity.

ST prices out early next week

New manager in place by wed/thur - shortlist of 3

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/33040988

Rangers aim to appoint a manager in the coming week, director Paul Murray has told BBC Scotland.

Stuart McCall replaced Kenny McDowall in March, on a deal until the until the end of the season, which ended in play-off final disappointment.

McCall has made it clear he wants to stay on as Rangers prepare for a second campaign in the Championship.

Former Brentford boss Mark Warburton has had talks with the Ibrox club and is interested in taking the role.

"Our plan is to make an appointment next week," said Murray, who returned to the club's board in March.

DK said it would be unlikely that an appointment would be made this week,shortlist of 5 not 3.

Post #182 ITT

(td)

Paul Murray said something different.

If you mean that a manager will be appointed by Friday's then gets what, that's within a week. Within a week means anytime from that statement to 7 days after it.

I'm not digging the boot in just yet. If we get a manager like warburton announced this week then for me the board have done well and then need to move quickly to fund the signings we need. A lot of people are jumping the gun and fearing the worst and to an extent I can understand because this is what we have had to deal with for years now. I say treat this as innocent until proven guilty.

If you mean that a manager will be appointed by Friday's then gets what, that's within a week. Within a week means anytime from that statement to 7 days after it.

I'm not digging the boot in just yet. If we get a manager like warburton announced this week then for me the board have done well and then need to move quickly to fund the signings we need. A lot of people are jumping the gun and fearing the worst and to an extent I can understand because this is what we have had to deal with for years now. I say treat this as innocent until proven guilty.

Shortlist of 3 suddenly changes to 5...

He said 5 PM says 3 are we really gonna hold what the actual number is against them?

Dont you find it strange that either DK or PM haven't a clue how many candidates there are for the job. Maybe it's neither 3 or 5, maybe it's just 2, Warburton and McCall but they forget their lines.

Some folk are getting hysterical about nothing. He said we should be in a position to name the new manager within a week. There is a committee meeting candidates already. Murray also said the plan is to make an appointment 'next week' - he is quoted in a BBC article published yesterday.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33040988

It will happen soon, players will quickly follow and we can all calm down again.

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=284035

My mate is out at the NARSA convention. Some interesting info coming out from there.

David Robertson says Sarver is still very interested in Rangers. Thinks they're a great investment opportunity.

ST prices out early next week

New manager in place by wed/thur - shortlist of 3

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/33040988

Rangers aim to appoint a manager in the coming week, director Paul Murray has told BBC Scotland.

Stuart McCall replaced Kenny McDowall in March, on a deal until the until the end of the season, which ended in play-off final disappointment.

McCall has made it clear he wants to stay on as Rangers prepare for a second campaign in the Championship.

Former Brentford boss Mark Warburton has had talks with the Ibrox club and is interested in taking the role.

"Our plan is to make an appointment next week," said Murray, who returned to the club's board in March.

DK said it would be unlikely that an appointment would be made this week,shortlist of 5 not 3.

Post #182 ITT

(td)

Where does he say three?

Where does he say they'll appoint a new manager by Friday?

I'm worried about that too tbh. As sassaaaa said, he's the cheapest of the bunch but i think he will blame the fact we aren't in the SPL as the reason why we couldn't get a more high profile name.

That's exactly what i see happening..

We wont get promoted under McCall..

Shortlist of 3 suddenly changes to 5...

I sure we've spoken to many more than 5 in reality, perhaps 3 are serious contenders but there are 2 others in the running. The whole NARSA thing is word of mouth and I'm not saying anyone lied when posting.

I just think people are wary and jumping the gun as a result. If he came out and said our new manager will be mccoist then I can understand the outrage around all of this but nothing much has moved on. They could have just released the ST prices via website and be done with it but he came out and gave some additional information such as no DoF but some people will never be happy.

He said if season tickets don't meet targets, they will cough up more. And if they exceed they will pay less. Fair enough to him

More than what ?

He seems to have the vision of Stevie Wonder when it comes to Rangers.

The dug has chased the fire engine and caught it. Now what ?

Where does he say three?

Where does he say they'll appoint a new manager by Friday?

Some things get posted often enough so that they become 'fact'. King also never said he'd sign 30m cheque for us in year one but you'd swear he had.

More than what ?

He seems to have the vision of Stevie Wonder when it comes to Rangers.

The dug has chased the fire engine and caught it. Now what ?

more than if ST's had sold out.

ie we make 10m of season ticket sales based on selling half King & co will cough up 10m. We make 5m of ST sales they will cough up 15m (or whatever the required figures are). It's not a massively difficult concept to figure out unless you're being deliberately thick or have a serious comprehension problem.

That's exactly what i see happening..

We wont get promoted under McCall..

If he was allowed to bring in his own players I think he would but after getting the pereira, cathro and warburton carrot dangled in front of us I would be scunnered if it was still McCall. Nothing against the guy but it's about time we got a team who actually played SEXY FOOTBALL haha