Dave King Press Conference.

simon

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of that was a bit disappointing to hear, tbh.

King suggested that success was directly related to outgoings "particularly at championship level", he said. I think if there's one thing this last season should have taught everyone it's that this is far from true.

Additionally, I understand what I means by increasing our outgoings in the next three years, but it just sounds a bit reckless when we need to be more stringent and efficient with our spending.

He's right that you'd expect success to correlate to the wage bill. The fact is we had far too many dud players and overpaid them. Despite this these players still underachieved.

I get where you're coming from re reckless spending given where we've been in the past. It's just not practical in the short term to have a sustainable model, especially when you consider the ambitions of the club. We need to increase the numbers and quality of the squad as well as put in a new management structure and build a scouting network with an eye on promotion and be competitive in the spfl. We just won't be able to do that whilst living within our means surely.

He's right that you'd expect success to correlate to the wage bill. The fact is we had far too many dud players and overpaid them. Despite this these players still underachieved.

I get where you're coming from re reckless spending given where we've been in the past. It's just not practical in the short term to have a sustainable model, especially when you consider the ambitions of the club. We need to increase the numbers and quality of the squad as well as put in a new management structure and build a scouting network with an eye on promotion and be competitive in the spfl. We just won't be able to do that whilst living within our means surely.

These things are one time payments (I think),to get the scouting and Murray park working properly will cost money, but it will have a lot of benefits if successful. Making some of the money back if done correctly.

Hopefully mate, when he was saying some candidates were put off with the championship, who do you think that was? The wee general? (Since he made a u-turn on Sunderland, aftter the playoffs)

I would think Periera is the most obvious one who would fall into that category but Advocaat could easily too.

There's probably more who haven't been talked about publicly either.

Whata concerning me is the five left. It's probably Warburton, McCall, Davies, McLeish & maybe Cathro and if Warburton says he doesn't want it I think a lot of fans are going to be left dissapointed at whoever ends up with it.

Really underwhelming list IMO.

All these folk wondering about King investing. He can't just drop money into the club's acct. FFP rules heavily restrict the ways clubs can source investment.

FFP restrict teams that play in European football only.

Nice try.

FFP restrict teams that play in European football only.

Nice try.

It works on a three year rolling 'monitoring period'. 2015/16 is the start of the latest one.

If we had any plans of qualifying for europe in th next 3 years it would affect us.

Nice try though.