Dessers

BigBearButt

18 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

9 in last 12 league starts. I know what you mean by ruthless because he seems to miss the easy ones but his numbers are decent and that's without penalties.

He has failed in too many games against diddly teams for my liking.

Could say that about everyone but Sterling and Buttland right enough mate.

Only player that'll ever get an applause from the fans for taking a first time shot, left footed midway through the 2nd half, just because we were happy to see him not take 15 touches :lol:

He's got his faults but gets goals, goals that we would've sorely missed this season, happily have him as a #2 behind a new striker in the summer.

5 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Best goals per minutes ratio in the league looking at the BBC stats.

Less shots than Shankland and Miovski but higher shot accuracy.

And he has done well despite not excelling, he has made an effort that is undoubted, however he is not a striker we should be religning on. Second or third choice or sell ( I have no idea on his wages ) I and you hopefully, want a player, that when we see them given a chance takes it.👍

@lauudrupslefttoe

23 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

And he has down well despite not excelling, he has made an effort that is undoubted, however he is not a striker we should be religning on. Second or third choice or sell ( I have no idea on his wages ) I and you hopefully, want a player, that when we see them given a chance takes it.👍

@lauudrupslefttoe

Must be a strong beer tonight.

Think he could be a decent squad player next year as a back up to Danilo based on his goal return alone this season. Works hard for the team as well. 

Assuming Roofe is released and we get a new striker and we enter the season with Danilo, Dessers & a new signing and we keep them all fit we should be ok for a central striker for next season. 

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'm not convinced Danilo is a better player than Dessers based on what we've seen so far. He may well be but I don't think there's enough to judge on yet.

I think the only time Danilo looked better was right at the beginning of the season when Dessers was still trying to play his way into fitness. Danilo was showing him up because he was a lot sharper when coming on.

For me it depends on what Clement wants from his striker.

Danilo appeared to drop deeper to support the midfield, worked hard off the ball, chasing players down,  seems to be able to score different kinds of goal. 

Dessers has good movement, has scored important goals, has a never say die attitude, and at times has both brilliant and awful close control.

Both miss more chances than they should, but i feel they compliment each other and i do think there's a good player in there with Danilo.

5 hours ago, jackg93 said:

Think he could be a decent squad player next year as a back up to Danilo based on his goal return alone this season. Works hard for the team as well. 

Assuming Roofe is released and we get a new striker and we enter the season with Danilo, Dessers & a new signing and we keep them all fit we should be ok for a central striker for next season. 

He’s offski 

A loveable guy who clearly wants so desperately to do well for us. I've been a huge critic of his, frustrating as hell, but his stats probably say he does have a place here, but as a second striker. I seriously hope we bring in a top finisher for next season.

Danilo looked far better than Dessers. Issues with finishing which I think would improve but miles better all round game and I would back him to finish chances better. And even if he wasn’t there’s only one of them we’ll be able to move on anyway. 

We need a new striker, and there’s no room for all 3. 

Also quoting Dessers as the best shot converter in the league means very little when he only ever actually shoots when he has a tap in 5 yards out.